Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
WJC

This is the Devils thread so to stay on topic, if you don't think Ray wouldn't deal Kink for Hart this second, don't know what else to say.
The question is not would Ray deal Kink for Hart, the question is, who would Ray have as opening night starter?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
As usual you speak false narratives

MBW has been awful, sorry if you can't see that.

Carter Hart has been very good at every level so far.

It's really easy to see, even the Philly fan, Speaking, should agree.

Hart is a top goalie prospect.

The issue arises when you pit him against Kinkaid for comparison’s sake, to discredit the latter. The two are on opposite ends of the spectrum and have no business being in the same sentence.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

2iuuyo.jpg

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

Up2iQzw.gif

This random Kinkaid post brought to you by.......ME.

i dont know how everyone else felt about the mask and who cares its a mask right. but man o man that mask is ugly! if i need someone to tell me what the design is then thats a huge NO! you would think a team named the devils that there would be some pretty kick ass designs and stuff. none really jump out at me though.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Easy, Kinkaid has a proven track record as a capable but mediocre NHL goalie. Hart has never played above major junior and there isn't a great track record of junior goalies becoming NHL starters in their first pro season. What criteria are you using to determine Hart is a better goalie today?

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkauron

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I thought he’d stick around a little longer tbh.

Edit: Didn’t realize it was down so far, had been kind of out of it for a while.

I wasn't meaning to give you any crap, I was more so laughing out loud because I was preparing for another four pages of Lappin talk once you brought it up again.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Rating Hart over Kinkaid today may be justified, but it's not validated by a ton. He may be much better, he may be worse.
You are rating a player who never played in the league, bettwe theb a player who took matter into his hands when he was called up to do so, and delivered. KK was a big reason why we made that final push to secure a playoff spot last year.

He delivered an excellent performance. How many of us thought we were cooked going into that west coast trip. KK stole the show vs Nashville. I want to rate it as one of the better performances in recent Devils History in the regular season.

Edit: meant to quote DD

Last edited:

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Crazy idea if the Devils want Smith on the opening day roster, but don't want to carry eight defenseman.

Trade Mueller and the third rounder we have from Anaheim to Philly for the third rounder we traded to Edmonton for Maroon and something else they might want to unload. Sign Nylander to offer sheet for $7.5 - $8 million AAV.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Crazy idea if the Devils want Smith on the opening day roster, but don't want to carry eight defenseman.

Trade Mueller and the third rounder we have from Anaheim to Philly for the third rounder we traded to Edmonton for Maroon and something else they might want to unload. Sign Nylander to offer sheet for $7.5 - $8 million AAV.
Trade a bunch of assets so we can gamble with an offer sheet? Crazy indeed.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Trade a bunch of assets so we can gamble with an offer sheet? Crazy indeed.

It's really only one asset to get yourself in position, who pretty much stinks if you can manage to look past where he was drafted. The draft picks are worth a guy like Nylander.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's really only one asset to get yourself in position, who pretty much stinks if you can manage to look past where he was drafted. The draft picks are worth a guy like Nylander.
Mueller doesn't stink, and I see no reason to trade him at a loss to chase magic beans.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Oooh. Those are the D lines I was hoping to try out at some point in the pre-season +/- Santini over Lovejoy. Unfortunately, they're probably going to get wrecked against 'Peg.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That top 6 is nice and I'm pumped to see Wood back in the lineup.

Defense is whatever. Butcher and Lovejoy were pretty good last year, but I'd really like to see Butcher get more responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad