Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
At the same time, Reid Boucher destroyed the OHL in Sarnia with 62 goals as an 19 years old. We were all hoping that he could become a pure sniper. Unfortunately, it was his only tool.
Unfortunately his skating never improved, and that really hindered his development.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Sigh. I understand the decision because he needs more bulk, but I feel he could have cut it this year. Hopefully Ty doesn’t take a step back or stagnates in Spokane. I really liked what I saw.
i think it's good. start up his ELC at a later date, when we have a bit more roster flexibility and he's under cap control

Samuel Desbiens

Dec 5, 2017
Quebec City, Quebec
This is what I said, his shot was his only tool... and it was pretty frustrating watching him play, because we all known that he would be a good player if he was able to improve some things in his game.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Definitely wanted to see Smith get a few games but sending him back was always gonna be the safe/correct move. He’ll be our best dman in 3 years.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hope someone claims Blandisi. Only 3 games in the NHL since the trade. He deserves a longer shot and I think he can stick somewhere in the right situation.

Reactions: Call Me Al

Samuel Desbiens

Dec 5, 2017
Quebec City, Quebec
Am I the only one who will be fine if Ray Shero decides to sign Drew Stafford?

I mean, I would rather have him than a young player as the 13F, he seems to be a good veteran who can help our young players and he certainly just want to be around an NHL team, even if it's not on a TOP9 and stuff like that.

He will probably accept to sit 75% of the games and could be useful if we have an injury (as our young guys continues to progress in the AHL).

I don't understand why the majority of you are so tough with him? I mean, it could be a win/win situation?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Am I the only one who will be fine if Ray Shero decides to sign Drew Stafford?

I mean, I would rather have him than a young player as the 13F, he seems to be a good veteran who can help our young players and he certainly just want to be around an NHL team, even if it's not on a TOP9 and stuff like that.

He will probably accept to sit 75% of the games and could be useful if we have an injury (as our young guys continues to progress in the AHL).

I don't understand why the majority of you are so tough with him? I mean, it could be a win/win situation?

I won't mind either. I'd rather him be the spare forward (or someone like Rooney even) than one of our younger guys constantly drawing in and out of the lineup.

Reactions: Samuel Desbiens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad