Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
What do people think of these forward lines?

Hall-Hischier-Wood
Johansson-Zacha-Palmieri
Quenneville-Zajac-Bratt
Coleman-Boyle-Noesen
If you're going to play Wood on his off-wing, I'd go with him on the 2nd line. He's shown some chemistry with Zacha, and he could be the shooter that line sorely needs.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Up2iQzw.gif

This random Kinkaid post brought to you by.......ME.

Your about a week late on that one Glen.

Oh and I hope someone makes a bet with you this year where you have to promise to not ever post Snoop gifs again. ;)

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The repost of the mask allows me the opportunity to complain about DaveArt again: I love how all the pixels have lens flares....

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Not that I take ESPN all that seriously, they have put out their NHL group rankings for each team recently. They have the Devils as
25 out of 31 for goalies
26 out of 31 for defense
19 out of 31 for offense

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Didn't catch as much of the Devils I normally do, but what am I missing when it comes to Butcher? He seems pretty one dimensional.

I mean, What are you asking? Are you implying that he isn't a good player?

If you weren't impressed with his rookie season, I don't know what to tell you. Will he ever be a stalwart defensively? Probably not. But if ever did become a defensive stud coupled with his offensive ability, he'd be a surefire top pairing DMan

Swap Seney for Q. Seney and Bratt had instant chemistry at MSG. Seney’s speed, skill and hockey IQ elevates the play of his line mates. Seney has a high offensive upside and any line he plays on will provide the much needed secondary scoring

lets see if Seney makes the team first.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Not that I take ESPN all that seriously, they have put out their NHL group rankings for each team recently. They have the Devils as
25 out of 31 for goalies
26 out of 31 for defense
19 out of 31 for offense

Good. It'll feel that much better when we make them look stupid.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
25 out of 31 for goalies
26 out of 31 for defense
19 out of 31 for offense
Devils were 15th in goals for and 17th in goals against last season, somehow all our players are bad.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Johansson-Zacha-Bratt
Wood-Zajac-Seney
Coleman-Boyle-Noesen
I like the top 2. Maybe switch Palm's and Bratt, but those are the guys I'd have up there.

Personally I want to roll with Coleman Zajac and Noesen as that shutdown 3rd line. It was so effective last year.

That would push Wood down to the 4th, and then either Seney or maybe Q on the other wing, which might sound below Wood's pay grade, but that could make for a dangerous 4th line line, not unlike how it was to start the year last season when Gibbons was on a tear.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad