Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
yeah theres no way thats true.

last year at this time, we have no idea that Bratt, Butcher, and Nico would even be in the NHL let alone have the seasons they did.

re-freaking-lax. Your act is tired

Last year our prospects showed a ton of potential in the Buffalo tourney and in the preseason

Not so much this time around, yet.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You're snooze fest retorts are putting me to sleep

Last year our prospects showed a ton of potential in the Buffalo tourney and in the preseason

Not so much this time around, yet.

Quenneville has looked quite good. Zacha has looked quite good. Ty Smith looked great in the game he played.

like I said, nonsense. You're just fear mongering.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I just haven't liked what I've seen so far this preseason

I had concerns coming in after the lackluster off-season

I want to see better hockey by the NJD on Monday at MSG

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I just haven't liked what I've seen so far this preseason

I had concerns coming in after the lackluster off-season

I want to see better hockey by the NJD on Monday at MSG

Half the teams have been filled with mostly AHL fodder and raw talent lol.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
At the very least the defensive prospects looked decent last night. Severson still scares the **** out of me when he has the puck on defense. Santini’s done. Yakovlev has a chance of making it, especially if they’re shy about exposing Smith.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I obviously want Wood on this team as the third line LW. He needs to sign a contract like now. He's missed 2/3 games and every practice. He's not even around the team. What I'm just trying to highlight is the fact that there may only be one forward spot open right now. With Lappin, Q, and even Speers, McLeod, and others fighting for that spot, Wood has less and less leverage every day and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up traded.

yeah... I mean, I completely agree that he needs to be in camp. I personally think it is on Shero, although we won't really know until Wood signs. If he signs a >2.5m aav deal, then I think it is completely Wood's fault; If he signs a 1.5m-2.5m aav deal then I think Shero should've gotten it done earlier.

That said - his skills and makeup are pretty unique and at the age of 22 he's a pretty big piece of the puzzle to think that he might lose his spot out to guys like Lappin, Q, Speers, McLeod or even Boyle, Noesen, Coleman etc. From your lineup, I think there are probably 5 guys he'd slot in over.

He's also put up goals in very few minutes - he sits on the ES Goals/60 just below Tavares, Giroux, Seguin, and above Pastrnak, Marchessault and Kessel -
... and I know it is silly to cherry pick such comparisons...

I see your point, but I don't think he should be worrying about a roster spot.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
speaking of this twitter guy "lunatic vic" you know he turned out to be the "nhl confidant" guy on twitter? posting all those crazy trade "rumors" lol small world.
his fan group site (and himself actually) stated that the confidant guy STOLE his picture. which i honestly can believe, since he's polarizing. but i don't think he's the one who did it. there was nothing to be gained from outing himself and creating fake drama. he has a shitton of tweets back and forth with the account, which is WAY too much effort for something fake

the reason i'm saying this is to correct at least some injustice. the amount of drama the "fan groups" create within themselves is absolutely stupid.

like the "crazies" apparently hate vic and his "crew", so i would't put it past them to have done it

Last edited:
Reactions: Devils Dominion

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
his fan group site (and himself actually) stated that the confidant guy STOLE his picture. which i honestly can believe, since he's polarizing. but i don't think he's the one who did it. there was nothing to be gained from outing himself and creating fake drama. he has a ****ton of tweets back and forth with the account, which is WAY too much effort for something fake

the reason i'm saying this is to correct at least some injustice. the amount of drama the "fan groups" create within themselves is absolutely stupid.

like the "crazies" apparently hate vic and his "crew", so i would't put it past them to have done it

How dumb is it that there is any animosity between groups of Devils fans .

Save the hate for opposing fan groups that come into The Rock and talk smack and act disrespectful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad