Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
currently at 14g and 31p so those days may be behind him.
Maybe, maybe not. Just one down year for now.

I would expect him to start dropping off soon (maybe not drastically though) but he may go back up in points next year a bit.

His days of being a perennial 50+ point guy may be over though.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Maybe, maybe not. Just one down year for now.

I would expect him to start dropping off soon (maybe not drastically though) but he may go back up in points next year a bit.

His days of being a perennial 50+ point guy may be over though.

Yeah I think the islanders system does not fit him well and it may just be an off year, but it being that off and him being a slower player who is going to be 29 next season, I would tend to stay away from him as a UFA. Obviously if we can't make any other moves to get someone better, I wouldn't hate buying low on him (assuming that is the case).

Reactions: Bleedred

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It's not just about points, it's more about style of play. I absolutely hate how he plays.

Soft and on the perimeter. If most of this board hated how soft Mojo was, wait until you watch Eberle play full time

oh i wasn’t saying that in reference to your post. i agree that he’s soft, and i think mojo (without the headaches) is a good comparison. i’d still take him, i think he’d do fine as our second line RW.

hall nico palms
bratt UFA/trade/draftee eberle

not a bad top 6

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
oh i wasn’t saying that in reference to your post. i agree that he’s soft, and i think mojo (without the headaches) is a good comparison. i’d still take him, i think he’d do fine as our second line RW.

hall nico palms
bratt UFA/trade/draftee eberle

not a bad top 6

This is a really small top 6, not that size is everything, but at some point it needs to be factored in

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
This is a really small top 6, not that size is everything, but at some point it needs to be factored in

Size doesn't matter if you can control play, barzal is not big but he's a guy who controls play at such a high level due to his skating and balance/leg strength. That second line is tough though, eberle to me isnt a top 6 player anymore and if he is he needs someone who can play at a super high level to control play.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Size doesn't matter if you can control play, barzal is not big but he's a guy who controls play at such a high level due to his skating and balance/leg strength. That second line is tough though, eberle to me isnt a top 6 player anymore and if he is he needs someone who can play at a super high level to control play.

I'm not saying small players can't be good, what I'm saying is when your top 6 is undersized it's problematic

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Which is an exception, and still lost to a more physical Washington team last year.

The goal here is to build a contender, not a team good enough to just make the playoffs

Are the lightning not a contender? also I don't think they are the only outlier in total size. Does no one remember when Ryan Kessler said they would hit the Hawks until they were cooked and then they just lost to them since the Hawks were just a better team lol

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Chia doesn't work in Edmonton anymore haha

you don’t think they’d do that? i think there will be a need for the new group to cleanse chia from their system, and you’ll see larsson and lucic (if they can find a taker) moved out. and also that dumbf*** goalie they signed. but especially lucic- new guy will want to put his stamp on the team, and it’s hard to do that with an anchor contract on the books. maybe we’d need to retain 50%, i don’t know

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
you don’t think they’d do that? i think there will be a need for the new group to cleanse chia from their system, and you’ll see larsson and lucic (if they can find a taker) moved out. and also that dumb**** goalie they signed. but especially lucic- new guy will want to put his stamp on the team, and it’s hard to do that with an anchor contract on the books. maybe we’d need to retain 50%, i don’t know

Do people want Adam Larsson back? I'd gladly take him back and be done building up the right side for a while, assuming we can get a good price.

Larsson and Puljujarvi for Zacha, Santini, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 2nd round pick?

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Do people want Adam Larsson back? I'd gladly take him back and be done building up the right side for a while, assuming we can get a good price.

Larsson and Puljujarvi for Zacha, Santini, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 2nd round pick?

I would love Larsson back, he's had a down year but that team is a disaster. He played well last year and he's still a solid top 4 guy, klefbom missing lots of time didn't help.

Reactions: Bet the Over

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

i would definitely make that deal. not because larsson is a stud defenseman, but in the right role he could be quite useful

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well your top six AND your D. At least the Lightning have beef on the back end.
244D11DF-B601-4E3D-B163-15CEE93E3FFF.jpeg

Yes! And in my opinion you need some beef in your lineup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad