Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
As far as Mojo goes, this will likely be a blessing in disguise for the Devils contract wise. It'll be hard for Mojo to get a raise the way the last 2 years have gone, let alone a long term deal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a short term deal done for a similar cap hit for the team and himself to bet on a bounce back in health. He still serves a purpose in the lineup and has value. He's not what some were expecting, but there are certainly worse forwards to invest in.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
yeah i don't want the devils to trade mojo for the sake of trading a pending ufa. if the offer is good then yeah but otherwise he could be kept on a short term deal because how many teams would be offering a long term deal to a guy coming off two concussions.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
yeah i don't want the devils to trade mojo for the sake of trading a pending ufa. if the offer is good then yeah but otherwise he could be kept on a short term deal because how many teams would be offering a long term deal to a guy coming off two concussions.

I don't know, he hasn't really been a fit, but I guess Ray probably has a feel on the situation. If he wants to sign a 2-3 year deal for around the same cap hit he currently has it's not terrible and I'd be ok with it, but really I'd prefer to move on if we can get a decent return.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
screw that im all for ridding him for whatever he obtains

I dont want players as soft as Johansson on the team which is also why i dont want Burakovsky

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As far as Mojo goes, this will likely be a blessing in disguise for the Devils contract wise. It'll be hard for Mojo to get a raise the way the last 2 years have gone, let alone a long term deal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a short term deal done for a similar cap hit for the team and himself to bet on a bounce back in health. He still serves a purpose in the lineup and has value. He's not what some were expecting, but there are certainly worse forwards to invest in.

I've been very against re-signing Johansson if he didn't score 45 points this year and my rationale was that if he did not play enough games to score 45 points due to injury, that's another reason not to re-sign him, with his recent injury history. Which is pretty recent, as he was pretty healthy in Washington.

But for no raise, I think I would be cool with re-signing him. Even with a slight raise, I wouldn't be completely uncomfortable re-signing him, as long as the term wasn't heavy.

Whatever happens, I just hope we don't have to take back some Dalton Prout-type shit head with remaining term beyond this year for any of our expiring contracts this year. If all we're gonna get for Lovejoy is some crap defenseman with term remaining beyond this year, I'd rather keep Lovejoy.

There were a few that speculated that we took back Prout for Kyle Quincey as a ''Compensation'' for taking Paul Castron from them and not giving them a pick. As a bit of a favor.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
screw that im all for ridding him for whatever he obtains

I dont want players as soft as Johansson on the team which is also why i dont want Burakovsky

If that's your philosophy we should ship Butcher off as well. I don't really see all that much compete from Butcher, and he is so damn slow and weak that I'd call him soft.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
If that's your philosophy we should ship Butcher off as well. I don't really see all that much compete from Butcher, and he is so damn slow and weak that I'd call him soft.

I'd rather wait a few years to see what we've got with Butcher - not disagreeing with you, but Mojo is proven to be your standard floater; Butcher is still figuring things out.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
MoJo has 20 points in 39 games this year. Good for .51 points per game. That is solid second/third line numbers. Which is what he is - a middle six LW.

His career totals were a bit inflated due to playing for the most high scoring team in the NHL over that time frame.

His career totals are on par with what he is producing at this season.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Can't even describe how awesome it was to see the Devils play in Montreal over the weekend. Definitely something I plan to do again in the next couple years.

I was also at the game, like every other game played in Montreal for that matter, and I can tell you that the atmosphere is 100X better then what we saw last saturday.

I had a front seat for Nico's OT winner being in row BB right in the corner where he came down that left wing.

Reactions: My3Sons

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Can't even describe how awesome it was to see the Devils play in Montreal over the weekend. Definitely something I plan to do again in the next couple years.
Was there as well, I knew it was going to be good, but that was way better than I even expected.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad