Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I wonder what's wrong with Noesen. Did we ever get an update on that? I feel like at half his salary retained he should still be able to be moved for something at the deadline, but if he doesn't come back soon I can't see that happening.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I wonder what's wrong with Noesen. Did we ever get an update on that? I feel like at half his salary retained he should still be able to be moved for something at the deadline, but if he doesn't come back soon I can't see that happening.

he was partying all week with Kinkaid and Mueller somewhere tropical, thats about all I know

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
to be honest im hating how this franchise is run this year. sure winning helps but this feels more like a business plan i dont agree with than previous leadership.

and im not talking the devils team as its constructed but the overall org. the media is toothless. the gm is a no show and a broken record. hynes gets extended. the announcers are really annoying

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
to be honest im hating how this franchise is run this year. sure winning helps but this feels more like a business plan i dont agree with than previous leadership.

and im not talking the devils team as its constructed but the overall org. the media is toothless. the gm is a no show and a broken record. hynes gets extended. the announcers are really annoying

If this team was winning, none of this would be bothering you.

Who cares what Shero has to say about our current team, who cares if we have reporters asking tough questions... you'll get the same soundbite regardless and as for Hynes, he's great with young players and that's exactly what we have on the roster.

This team isn't built to win now and if we can groom our youngsters the right way, that's all I care about for now. He didn't get a 5 year extension and if we're not improving in a year or two, he'll get canned.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
If this team was winning, none of this would be bothering you.

Who cares what Shero has to say about our current team, who cares if we have reporters asking tough questions... you'll get the same soundbite regardless and as for Hynes, he's great with young players and that's exactly what we have on the roster.

This team isn't built to win now and if we can groom our youngsters the right way, that's all I care about for now. He didn't get a 5 year extension and if we're not improving in a year or two, he'll get canned.

of course if we were winning it would be better. the team can still update its fans on its mvp injury.

and to answer your question: i care. you dont have to. just move along then

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
of course if we were winning it would be better. the team can still update its fans on its mvp injury.

and to answer your question: i care. you dont have to. just move along then

We had one of the worst Gm's when it came to revealing team news in Lou Lamoriello and Shero doesn't seem to be any different.

Is he keeping quiet because he doesn't want to reveal that Hall's injury might be more important then he thought and would diminish his value if ever he does intend on looking to move him during the summer? Who knows... but there's a reason why good Gm's don't show their hand to the rest of the hockey world.

Reactions: Patrik26

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I mean I most certainly care about what the reporters are asking because they keep things accountable sometimes. I dont need Toronto style media questions but id like SOME hard pressing questions. And not all of them can get a bullshit response back, good journalists get the most out of their questions

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
We had one of the worst Gm's when it came to revealing team news in Lou Lamoriello and Shero doesn't seem to be any different.

Is he keeping quiet because he doesn't want to reveal that Hall's injury might be more important then he thought and would diminish his value if ever he does intend on looking to move him during the summer? Who knows... but there's a reason why good Gm's don't show their hand to the rest of the hockey world.

and people were annoyed when lou did it as well. some of those people are now cool with ray doing it. also, “good gm” is still to be determined. lou is a legend compared to shero so he can have some rope.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Why does it matter if we know?

Also can someone update me on the Noesen story. Haven't been up to date with Devil's news lately.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'd really like to know whether Hall has an upper body injury, a lower body injury, or just body soreness...

Seriously, the NHL is probably the worst league for teams being forthcoming with injury details.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Why do you want injury details? So opposing teams, such as rival teams, can just target that area ? It's best if its kept a mystery.

Also regarding questions for Ray, I would also fancy a couple hard pressing questions.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Cam Fowler is an interesting name that I've seen brought up by the Ducks fans a few times because of their cap crunch

since @Hidden Hair of Hynes kept asking for a name, theres one. Ducks fans say they need C/D prospects or draft picks. Wonder what type of package we could put together. Fowler just turned 27.
Fowler has a modified NTC - he submits a list of 4 teams he would accept a trade to. Not sure if the Devils would make the list.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If Hall misses the last 50 games that's pretty significant even without any medical report, no? Barring that DEFCON 1 scenario I don't think any injury now would really affect his offseason value. And obviously they shouldn't really reveal most injuries but we don't even seem to have a vague timeline on this one which is far more annoying than not knowing the injury itself.

Last edited:

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
If Hall misses the last 50 games that's pretty significant even without any medical report, no? Barring that DEFCON 1 scenario I don't think any injury now would really affect his offseason value. And obviously they shouldn't really reveal most injuries but we don't even seem to have a vague timeline on this one which is far more annoying than not knowing the injury itself.
I think anyone looking to acquire Hall realizes he is not the Cal Ripken Jr of the NHL.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Cam Fowler is an interesting name that I've seen brought up by the Ducks fans a few times because of their cap crunch

since @Hidden Hair of Hynes kept asking for a name, theres one. Ducks fans say they need C/D prospects or draft picks. Wonder what type of package we could put together. Fowler just turned 27.

McLeod, Smith, Butcher, Davies, and Walsh come to mind. Maybe they consider Zacha young enough. Not sure how I feel about giving up a lot for Fowler at this point but he’d certainly improve the left side and isn’t a threat to leave via FA any time soon.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Fowler is a tough one. I like him a lot, but I don't think I'd want to pay the (steep) price it would likely cost to acquire him.

I'd imagine it'd have to start with a 1st, and I'd probably balk. We're in no position to be moving our 1st this year, and even if Shero adds a protection condition on it, promising future 1st's makes me antsy after seeing it blow up in Ottawa's face. It doesn't take much.

Now, if they'd accept a couple of 2nd's (from Johansson and Boyle trades) in the place of that 1st, I'd very much be down.

Reactions: MichaelJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad