Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Yeah, let’s hope he doesn’t play for this coaching staff who have actually taken the time to develop young players and give them responsibility and minutes. A coaching staff who has extensive experience with the USNTDP. It’s really hurt Hischier, Blackwood, Butcher, Bratt and Zacha playing for these guys.

Let’s hire a vets coach like we had with DeBoer and let Smith sit on the bench for the majority of the game.

Except since Hynes and Nas came in they have not done a great job developing a single dman. Our defensive structure is garbage and everyone looks lost.

Please tell me a dman that has gotten a lot better defensively playing under them. I dont think even Butcher has improved all that much. Sophomore slump? Maybe, but I still dont know if I would want a guy like Ty Smith playing under a coach like that

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Our PK will be a top 10 PK for as long as it has Coleman, Zajac, Zacha and Hischier. I don't think Nasreddine deserves much credit there.

If Nas runs the PK then you have to give him credit. Do we have good players on there? Sure(though Nico is not a big part of the PK) but a lot of teams have good defensive players on their PK. And a lot of teams have better goal tending as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad