Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XlV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Reaffirms that there’s a good chance they’ll be dealt, but San Jose doesn’t really excite me as a trade partner. They have no 1st to go for, the lack of a 1st probably makes it less likely they’ll deal this year’s 2nd, and they don’t have any prospects that seem all that interesting that I can see. Norris would’ve been a good target but he’s with Ottawa now.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
the sharks have no first round picks for the next two years (3 if they sign karlsson if memory serves). they’re going to be stingy with their picks, and wilson is well known for bending fellow GM’s over like in Deliverence. i’d be very wary about trading them our most valuable chips. they can have lovejoy though

I really wish I read your post before I wrote mine lol. Sorry.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The issue with someone like Tyler Myers, and to a lesser extent Nikita Zadorov, is that there is a high opinion of them around the league without much merit for that opinion. Myers might've been good once upon a time, but now he's just okay, and he turns 29 in a week. He's not going to get better - he will only get worse. Let someone else who obsesses about tall defensemen sign him to a big contract. He's not better than Severson or Vatanen but he would be paid more than both.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Reaffirms that there’s a good chance they’ll be dealt, but San Jose doesn’t really excite me as a trade partner. They have no 1st to go for, the lack of a 1st probably makes it less likely they’ll deal this year’s 2nd, and they don’t have any prospects that seem all that interesting that I can see. Norris would’ve been a good target but he’s with Ottawa now.

they don't have their 2nd this year either

they have Florida's 2nd IIRC

Reactions: MichaelJ

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
So what are some names of defenseman we should be after?

Or is it just the usual 'we need a top pairing dman' which is just completely unrealistic?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
So what are some names of defenseman we should be after?

Or is it just the usual 'we need a top pairing dman' which is just completely unrealistic?

were Palmieri, Johansson, Hall, Mueller, etc even discussed here as possible targets by anyone?

the reason why SHero is so good at trading most of the time is because these deals materialize quickly and he knows when to strike

chances are none of the guys we have discussed are going to be the ones that we acquire

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
were Palmieri, Johansson, Hall, Mueller, etc even discussed here as possible targets by anyone?

the reason why SHero is so good at trading most of the time is because these deals materialize quickly and he knows when to strike

chances are none of the guys we have discussed are going to be the ones that we acquire
So you dont have a single name of a defenseman youd like to inquire about?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
DMen that might be in need of a new contract soon and/or are underutilized on their current teams and/or play on a team that will soon be cash strapped. Those are the types of players almost certainly who Shero will target

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
You guys are being far too literal, like as if I was seriously offering Palmieri

If anyone here thinks it wouldnt take Palmieri to get Pesce then idk what to tell you considering we dont have any other single forward top 6 available

People saying Pesce isnt good... yikes

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
So now Pesce isnt even that good?

Christ you people dont want anyone do you?
Did we hire Chiarelli tonight? Not for Palmieri, nope. You wanna trade a 30 goal scorer for a better skating Adam Larsson? I know KPalms is no Taylor Hall but this would be an ugly deal for the NJD. Pesce is a better version of Steven Santini but he isn’t worth Kyle. That’s really some poor value, guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad