Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XlV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Stafford has been one of the few guys putting out full effort every shift these past few weeks. He’s resuscitated his career I believe and several teams will want him at the deadline for experience, toughness and the ability to play a hard forecheck game.

I’ve been wondering where (and if) the leadership was going to come from on the Devils after these past couple of months.

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I had a picture saved on my phone, maybe it's still there, but it's of a Devils fan holding up a sign that says "Stop playing like crap" and that's pretty the entire season in a picture.

Reactions: I Hate Tie DOMI

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sure the same thing was said about the likes of Joe Sakic too.

Really though, there's almost always been too many quiet leaders and not enough guys who'll play bad cop here. It's kinda sad that the two guys who actually hold themselves and everyone else to account the most are 4th liners who are probably gone at the end of the year.

Reactions: My3Sons

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Officially screwed.

2rhef9.jpg

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Give me league minimum and i'll bust my ass out there. I will never understand how some of these guys feel comfortable not giving their all some games while getting paid millions to do so. That goes for any sport

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
A hall of fame player is not someone you should compare to a bottom pairing player

I thought it was about low energy leadership being a quality of an alternate captain rather than a captain. Joe Sakic was certainly "low energy" in a traditional sense, he wasn't the fiery leader like Scott Stevens. But sure, change the metrics at your will. :)

Also, Andy Greene may NOW be a bottom pairing player but he certainly wasn't his whole career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad