Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XlV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Trouba is an RFA after this year but he would be expensive im sure, in contract and trade value

Only difference there between Winnipeg and other teams like Carolina is i dont think Winnipeg can afford a roster player coming back, so they may have to do a deal based around futures.

Problem is our 1st is looking pretty high right now

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
we all know Cory will go on a useless run and play lights out for 20 games leaving us with the 10th pick!!!! and then go on to stink next year.
All I'll say here and not in the goalie thread is it almost seems like he's physically unable to do that.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Probably the most boring Sunday in January.

Barely any games on every night until Friday and no late ones.

Only 2 games tomorrow, both are at 7:00 PM EST and we're one of them.

The bye week sucks, but I guess I'd rather all teams don't have it during the same week or there'd be no games at all for 6-7 days.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
we all know Cory will go on a useless run and play lights out for 20 games leaving us with the 10th pick!!!! and then go on to stink next year.

That ain't happening. I've tried to be positive about Schneider but I think if he has ANY shot at being even a backup at this point, it isn't here.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Completely agree, he’s toast. He’s not going to win us meaningless games down the stretch because he’s physically incapable of performing to the level of an NHL goaltender.
If Cory refuses to say that his hip is not right, we couldn’t LITR just because he’s horribad right? It would have to be a buyout at that point.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
If Cory refuses to say that his hip is not right, we couldn’t LITR just because he’s horribad right? It would have to be a buyout at that point.
These things are medically determined, not at the claims of the player.

Further, he might prefer his contracted money than a buyout, if it came to that.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Have to admit I was not aware how many guys in the league make $8 mil per. A surprisingly short list.

Only 24 players in the entire league make $8 million or more.
Correct. That is why teams have to be very careful about who they give high salary/long term deals to. For example, the Jets look like they may have cap issues next year. At the moment the highest salaries for next year are Wheeler ($8.25), Hellebyuck ($6.2), and Scheifele ($6.13) with Laine to join the list and Trouba unknown if he is back.

This season Tampa is at the cap and the only salaries near $8 are Stamkos ($8.5) and Hedman ($7.9) with the next highest Callahan ($5.8). My point being if we resign Hall and bring in a high paid FA this year the Devils have to be right. Cap space goes quickly on good teams because they tend to have a good number of $4 - 6 million type of players.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
we could re-sign Hall, Vatanen, Hischier and Bratt this summer and still be able to easily afford like two more ~$8 million players

the cap is the least of our concerns at this point and time

They can sign stone/panarin/duchene at 8-9 a year and be more than comfortable. Especially when Greene is off the books in 2 summers and zajac in 3 summers. Also can buy out schneider next summer and clear more room.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Floated this to the Blue Jackets board:

Wennberg for Johansson and Boyle

Since CBJ is in a playoff battle, I really think those two could add some solid depth to their lineup. Wennberg has potential and I think could use a change of scenery/escape from Torts' doghouse.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Floated this to the Blue Jackets board:

Wennberg for Johansson and Boyle

Since CBJ is in a playoff battle, I really think those two could add some solid depth to their lineup. Wennberg has potential and I think could use a change of scenery/escape from Torts' doghouse.

Can't see this, but I could see something like Wennberg for Zacha and Boyle. Columbus can't really ditch a center without adding one back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad