Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XlV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Plus even if there were teams willing to give a 1st for Greene no guarantee he waives his NTC on any of them with a year and a half left on his deal.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Isles would make sense. In a playoff spot, not too far from home, adds depth to their blueline. As much as I would hate to trade a captain mid-season, I'd take a 2nd or 3rd even.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Isles are the only team I could see both he waives and they offer a high pick for. I don’t think he’ll waive for just anyone to win this year when he still has another year left. I could see him waiving for more teams as a rental

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Could probably get a 1st for Greene at 40% retained from a top contender. You don't see large retention on deals with over a year left though, typically.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Could probably get a 1st for Greene at 40% retained from a top contender. You don't see large retention on deals with over a year left though, typically.

I don't think that's because teams are reluctant to retain salary but rather teams are not willing to pay significantly for teams to reduce their traded players' salary. I just don't think it makes Greene valuable - he's probably worth $2.5M at this point, so the return for him on retention shouldn't be a whole lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad