Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XlV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Right now? Uhhhhhhh ok.

Why dont ya make a poll on the main board so ya can see how biased a statement like that is.

Who knows what the future holds, but right now Pettersson is better. Devils fans getting all bent out of shape on the mainboard arguing against this make our fanbase look as immature and jaded as Toronto's.

it’s useless. acknowledging that one player is currently better than another means you hate nico, you’re second guessing shero, you run over puppies with your car, etc

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Right now? Uhhhhhhh ok.

Why dont ya make a poll on the main board so ya can see how biased a statement like that is.
The same main board where Martin Jones is considered a top-10 goalie and John Chayka is a top-5 GM?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Right now? Uhhhhhhh ok.

Who knows what the future holds, but right now Pettersson is better. Devils fans getting all bent out of shape on the mainboard arguing against this make our fanbase look as immature and jaded as Toronto's.
Yes the very rational mainboard where Canucks fans are declaring him a generational player that will compete with McDavid while being a Selke winning defensive player is the best place to get objective player evaluations. I have posted Pettersson's shooting stats and advanced stats multiple times in some of those Hischier threads when Pettersson is brought up, and funny enough they have never been replied to or addressed. Here I thought the mainboard was a great place for discussion?

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We can really only judge him on Pittsburgh, that record isn't great.

Obviously Bratt was a fantastic pick, Nico good pick but is already getting passed by others in the draft class, people always give Ray a pass on Zacha but I don't.

He's really not that good at evaluating prospects, if you look at his track record as a GM, most of his success has come through trades.

So you see Heiskanen as passing Nico? I don’t see that. I watch Heiskanen plentybas I am in the DAL tv market and he’s very good but I don’t see a player that strikes me as better than Nico. I see apples and oranges. If you see the Nico pick as a black mark on Shero’s drafting I’m guessing a number of NJ fans will disagree with you.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
No question EP is a better player now and in potential

The Dallas dman is the 2nd best from that draft.

Nico is a very good player too.

Thankfully Ray didn't listen to a lot of you guys and take Patrick

I probably watch Heiskanen way more than you and disagree with you. Heiskanen on NJ would likely look markedly worse as I see it. He’d be getting run into the ground and have horrendous matchups since he’d likely be the LD1. He wouldn’t get PP time because of Butcher. He’s a very good player and smart but he’s not tough not strong and does make mistakes which I expect would be magnified on NJ’s blue line.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Right now? Uhhhhhhh ok.

Why the hell do I care what others think?

Elias Pettersson is not better than Nico Hischier - not yet at least

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

tenor.gif

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
What a waste of a season this was for us

Goaltending really f***ed us as well as this God awful defensive system they run. I personally dont think the personnel is the problem minus having too many of one style of player (Butcher Severson Vatanen, soon Smith). Move one excluding Smith.

Add a top 6 forward and goaltender, i dont see a defender being available unless we trade dman for dman.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
What if Sami is willing to switch sides and you sign Tyler Myers?

Vatanen-Myers
Mueller-Butcher
Greene-Smith
Santini

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
the sharks have no first round picks for the next two years (3 if they sign karlsson if memory serves). they’re going to be stingy with their picks, and wilson is well known for bending fellow GM’s over like in Deliverence. i’d be very wary about trading them our most valuable chips. they can have lovejoy though

Reactions: MichaelJ

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Tyler Myers isn't good
Okay so since no one ever really answers the question

Zadorov isnt good, Myers isnt good... who exactly is and is available?

For a team whos fans constantly rip on the defense - it seems our defenders are better than all the other options thrown around. Oh except for Jake Muzzin who is never coming here because were not paying assets for one full year of him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Okay so since no one ever really answers the question

Zadorov isnt good, Myers isnt good... who exactly is and is available?

For a team whos fans constantly rip on the defense - it seems our defenders are better than all the other options thrown around. Oh except for Jake Muzzin who is never coming here because were not paying assets for one full year of him.

I don't want to bother using assets on players that aren't really any better than what we have

I'm not sure why this angers you so much

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I don't want to bother using assets on players that aren't really any better than what we have

I'm not sure why this angers you so much
Im not angered lol

But everyone keeps throwing ideas for others players out the window so Id love to hear theirs. You know, besides obvious top pairing dmen, who do they think we should be after?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i’d rather not sign any defensemen than sign myers. we have enough 3rd pairing defensemen, and myers in a top 4 role here would be an utter (and expensive) disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad