Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Right now I'd go:
Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Athanasiou-Filppula-Svechnikov
Erne-Nielsen-Hirose
Abdelkader-Glendening-Helm
(Ehn/DLR).
I hate throwing Ehn in the pressbox, though.
And I think that third line is garbage Until Zadina is ready.
But who does Zadina bump?

When Zadina comes in, he very well could push Svechnikov down the lineup, or I could see him slotting on the third line in bumping Erne down. Maybe it results in Helm being traded to a contender, or Glendening, in which case, you could bump Erne to the wing on a 4th line.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Right now I'd go:
Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Erne-Nielsen-Hirose
(Ehn/DLR).

IMO, Ehn at #14F might as well be in GR.

Also, Yzerman usually carried 13F and 8D in Tampa, so I'm sure he's going to do the same here.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Right now I'd go:
Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Erne-Nielsen-Hirose
(Ehn/DLR).
I could easily see Zadina bump Svech with a good AHL performance and Svech having a bad start, injuries will also create opportunity. I understand why you see it as a bad thing that Rasmussen, Zadina, Hirose, and Svechnikov have to fight for two top 9 spots but in my opinion I'd rather have that than potentially having two rookies on a top 9 line that would get beat every shift. If they can't play in an NHL top 9 then the AHL won't hurt them. Let whoever looses out dominate the A with Veleno.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Also, Yzerman usually carried 13F and 8D in Tampa, so I'm sure he's going to do the same here.
I could definitely see this with how he's made roster moves. Have E and Daley rotate and Bowey and Cholowski rotate. It also leaves a quicker path for young forwards to get an injury call up.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I could easily see Zadina bump Svech with a good AHL performance and Svech having a bad start, injuries will also create opportunity. I understand why you see it as a bad thing that Rasmussen, Zadina, Hirose, and Svechnikov have to fight for two top 9 spots but in my opinion I'd rather have that than potentially having two rookies on a top 9 line that would get beat every shift. If they can't play in an NHL top 9 then the AHL won't hurt them. Let whoever looses out dominate the A with Veleno.

I think 4 guys fighting for 2 jobs is plenty of competition.
I don't want more than 2 to make the team out of camp.
I would like two in the top 9 to start the season. Hopefully those two stay with the team and the others get a shot with injuries or something, and are ready to go next year.

We've got 4 guys to introduce in the next 15 months at forward. Three first round picks and a Hobey Baker finalist.
This is a rebuild. I'd like to see these guys get an opportunity, while still competing.

Reactions: NickH8

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I like it. It is a super small price to pay for a player who may just now be reaching his stride. He isn't a top 6 forward but he can improve our roster and is still relatively young.

Reactions: SirloinUB

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

I like Ehn. He's got really good speed, decent size, plays a good defensive game and he has some real skill that he doesn't show much.
I hate the idea of sending him back down at 23 years old.

If Holland can ditch Abdelkader and/or Helm, fine. I love this love this move.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I think 4 guys fighting for 2 jobs is plenty of competition.
I don't want more than 2 to make the team out of camp.
I would like two in the top 9 to start the season. Hopefully those two stay with the team and the others get a shot with injuries or something, and are ready to go next year.

We've got 4 guys to introduce in the next 15 months at forward. Three first round picks and a Hobey Baker finalist.
This is a rebuild. I'd like to see these guys get an opportunity, while still competing.
Agreed. Maybe Yzerman runs 8 D so the forward prospects have a quicker path to an injury call up.

Reactions: Sens

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I could definitely see this with how he's made roster moves. Have E and Daley rotate and Bowey and Cholowski rotate. It also leaves a quicker path for young forwards to get an injury call up.

I think it ends up Kronwall coming back and Daley/Ericsson/Green/DeKeyser/Kronwall naturally rotating on IR until the deadline, or Yzerman brings in another Bowey like reclamation project that's truly suited for part time duty. Doesn't make sense for Cholowski to be in any sort of "rotation"that includes press box time, when he could be playing 20+ minutes a night as a top pairing guy in GR learning how to play better in his own zone.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I think it ends up Kronwall coming back and Daley/Ericsson/Green/DeKeyser/Kronwall naturally rotating on IR until the deadline, or Yzerman brings in another Bowey like reclamation project that's truly suited for part time duty. Doesn't make sense for Cholowski to be in any sort of "rotation"that includes press box time, when he could be playing 20+ minutes a night as a top pairing guy in GR learning how to play better in his own zone.
I was thinking mostly to start the season. One of our geriatric dmen is bound to get injured and I'd see Cholowski being the first guy to move up into that regular spot.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
1. Dekeyser. 2. Green. 3. Hronek. 4. Nemeth. 5. Ericsson. 6. Bowey. 7. Daley.
Maybe Cholowski if ready.
Hicketts? If he's just going to sit in the pressbox.
Hicketts could be a good choice as an 8th d, allowing more space in the AHL d-corp and having Cholowski be the main guy on the left side.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Hicketts could be a good choice as an 8th d, allowing more space in the AHL d-corp and having Cholowski be the main guy on the left side.

Hicketts is about the only one that makes sense for a Derek Meech style #8D role... Then again, the Wings also carried him because they thought teams might take him on waivers.

I think Hicketts value in GR will depend on if they have more guys counting against the vet max. They had that issue last year and had to healthy scratch McIlrath more than a handful of times.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
1. Dekeyser. 2. Green. 3. Hronek. 4. Nemeth. 5. Ericsson. 6. Bowey. 7. Daley.
Maybe Cholowski if ready.
Hicketts? If he's just going to sit in the pressbox.

Door's still open for Kronwall, and Yzerman said he was looking at other Dmen after Nemeth was signed.

In the same convo, he said he was interested in a right winger too, and now we have Erne...

Lets see if Yzerman's a man of his word
tenor.gif

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I hope Kronner's done.

If he's feeling better, I don't. I don't want him to struggle through a season in pain, but Kronner is probably the best low cost option we could add at this point. Would really be cool to see him go out in a farewell tour kinda thing. As opposed to limping to the finish line in 18-19.

Reactions: avssuc

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
just what i was hoping for after wiski leaving , we needed some size / physicality and this is a guy yzerman & vrbeek know like a book . has the looks of another nemeth move = cost near nothing to aquire and might become a long term bottom half peice .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad