Confirmed with Link: Detroit trades 2020 4th round pick to Tampa for Adam Erne

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Stevie signed Flip, ................
I was gonna say the same thing about Hirose. Also, your top 13 leaves a kid in the pressbox, if anyone's gonna sit, it might as well be DLR.

BLM
AA-Flip-Hirose
Erne-Nielsen-Ras
Abby/Svech-LGD-Helm
DLR (only because Ehn is waiver exempt)
Knowing how this team works, Abby will be on the roster at the beginning of the year. He will more than likely be the first vet to get benched or sent to GR with Svech taking his place when he gets back up to speed from his year off. I can see the wingers on the 3rd and 4th lines getting shuffled depending on how they play. As of today, Helm is still better/more proven than all 3, but that can change very quickly.

At least we know Larkin and AA won't get double shifted every game like they did in the last dozen games....
No, it means that Helm could be in the pressbox if all of Svech/Ras/Zadina outplay him. Also means no F is injured, which is rare, even if for a few games. As of today, Helm is still better/more proven than all 3, but that can change very quickly.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Backhand Luke says "Hi".

Yes, and that is terrible for us or any team. When you have a 4th liner playing a quarter of the game, that means you are bad. If we were a good team, LGD would play 8-9 minutes of ES, and 3-4 a game on the PK.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Yes, and that is terrible for us or any team. When you have a 4th liner playing a quarter of the game, that means you are bad. If we were a good team, LGD would play 8-9 minutes of ES, and 3-4 a game on the PK.
Yeah I probably should have said 3 minutes not 5 lol... But I do think he with consistent ice time can give you 15+ goals a year

Reactions: Oddbob

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No, it means that Helm could be in the pressbox if all of Svech/Ras/Zadina outplay him. Also means no F is injured, which is rare, even if for a few games. As of today, Helm is still better/more proven than all 3, but that can change very quickly.
Which is why one of them would be in the pressbox. Prospects need to play, not sit in a pressbox.

Generally when people are talking about lineups and rosters, it's for the beginning of the season, not the end of the season.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Which is why one of them would be in the pressbox. Prospects need to play, not sit in a pressbox.

Generally when people are talking about lineups and rosters, it's for the beginning of the season, not the end of the season.
All 3 could outplay Helm in training camp & preseason, so Helm would be in the box then.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Fun fact:

Erne had 7 goals and 20 points in 65 games.

Abdelkader had 6 goals and 19 points in 71 games (and average 5 more mins TOI per game than Erne).

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Good trade. If TB didn't have Brayden Point cap issues we don't get Erne for a 4th rounder. So right there it's a win for us. What does our draft cupboard look like - was that our only 4th? Do we have an extra 3rd?

After signing him we'll have about $4M under the cap still.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Good trade. If TB didn't have Brayden Point cap issues we don't get Erne for a 4th rounder. So right there it's a win for us. What does our draft cupboard look like - was that our only 4th? Do we have an extra 3rd?

I think we have an extra third. The last pick from the Tatar trade. And we should have a pick from the Nyquist deal as well.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
On NHL Network they said "Erne has a surprisingly good impact on the defensive side of the game". I really like that aspect, should be a good fit + even more competition for the kids & (Abby/Ehn/DLR, possibly Helm)

Reactions: decaguard

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com

2020 Picks for Detroit:
1st
2nd
2nd (from Washington in Nick Jensen trade)
3rd
3rd (from San Jose in Gustav Nyquist trade)
5th
6th
7th

I think we have an extra third. The last pick from the Tatar trade. And we should have a pick from the Nyquist deal as well.
Final pick from the Tatar trade is in 2021

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
2020 Picks for Detroit:
1st
2nd
2nd (from Washington in Nick Jensen trade)
3rd
3rd (from San Jose in Gustav Nyquist trade)
5th
6th
7th

Final pick from the Tatar trade is in 2021

Was just about to post this, you beat me to the punch!

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Kid bets on himself with the one year deal. I like that. Wings get a cheap look to see if there is something there, and if not - not stuck with him. If there is, he's still an RFA and they pay fair market value for him.

Also we have five picks before the pick we just traded away, potentially adding more with a TDL sell-off. A 4th rounder from 2020, if they ever make the show, wouldn't be until like the 2024 season unless we hit the lottery with it.

Stevie dealing with TB, I'm surprised Edmonton and Detroit didn't trade yet with Holland valuing some prospects/players here more than the new regime might.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
We will likely be adding more picks in the 2020 draft this season as well. Plenty of tradeable assets as rentals like Green, Daley, and Ericsson. Potentially Helm (1 year left after this one), Glendening (also 1 year left) and Howard (pure rental, will resign here) as well.

Reactions: decaguard

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Agreed Helm is much better, that's why in my OP line-up Abby is in GR.

I thought in one of your lineups you had Abby on 4th line LW, must have been thinking of someone else. Being honest, and I wish I am wrong, I have hard time seeing Steve Yzerman and Blashill sending a long time player like Abby to GR. I think he will be in the lineup 60+ games this year, as Ericsson has been pretty poor at times in the past 3-4 years and when healthy he still plays.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I thought in one of your lineups you had Abby on 4th line LW, must have been thinking of someone else. Being honest, and I wish I am wrong, I have hard time seeing Steve Yzerman and Blashill sending a long time player like Abby to GR. I think he will be in the lineup 60+ games this year, as Ericsson has been pretty poor at times in the past 3-4 years and when healthy he still plays.
No, you're thinking of another posters post. Here's mine.
upload_2019-8-14_23-35-10.png

Reactions: Oddbob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->