Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMiN

Mar 5, 2011
Göteborg
2+2+10 minutes for spearing.
His penalty led to a goal. He also leads Frölunda in PIM with 50 min. The cloesest player on the squad has has 29 in 10 fewer games.

Did not see the game but the coach may have benched him with Frölunda playing the game with 7 defencemen.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Regula looked pretty good, he is every bit of the 6'4 hes listed as and just needs to fill out. He had some nice passes and set up a goal with one of them, and looked awesome on the entire shift before he set up the goal too. I didnt expect him to look as good offensively as he did.

Bouchard on the other hand, what an absolute gem. There is absolutely no way he is 6'2 though, MAYBE 6' but I dont even know about that. Foudy ended up putting in two goals. Hes an absolute burner, has great hands, made a lot of great plays, and had what seemed like a ton of shots. He has a full toolbox offensively and did great at making it in close around the net with the puck on his stick to either make a play or get a shot off.
Boqvist was for the most part completely invisible, I was excited to watch him play but was let down as he didnt show much of anything.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
The improvement by Regula has been remarkable... Last Year 67 GP 7 G 18 A 25 PTS +23... So Far, 45 GP 6 G 21 A 27 PTS +30... Hopefully the youngster keeps it up

Reactions: mantha39

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
The improvement by Regula has been remarkable... Last Year 67 GP 7 G 18 A 25 PTS +23... So Far, 45 GP 6 G 21 A 27 PTS +30... Hopefully the youngster keeps it up

That's London's development model. They're always consistently so good that draft eligible guys (non high end ones) often are on bottom 6/bottom pairing roles so their stats are a bit deceiving in their draft year. When they are 18 snd 19 they are given more opportunity to shine.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
That's London's development model. They're always consistently so good that draft eligible guys (non high end ones) often are on bottom 6/bottom pairing roles so their stats are a bit deceiving in their draft year. When they are 18 snd 19 they are given more opportunity to shine.

Regula was paired with Bouchard last year so this is not true in this case. More so that last year was Regula’s first year in the OHL combined with the fact that he is an August birthday.

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
33% increase on a d+1 is not "remarkable"

Good sure but is .6 points per game in the ohl for a d+1 is hardly worth getting excited about.

Let's be serious here. Hes still a longshot prospect.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
33% increase on a d+1 is not "remarkable"

Good sure but is .6 points per game in the ohl for a d+1 is hardly worth getting excited about.

Let's be serious here. Hes still a longshot prospect.

You are not taking into account usage. Regula plays on the same team as two offensive RHD who were both taken top 10 in this past draft. Bouchard and Boqvist eat up all the PP time.

Bouchard produces at a 0.79 PPG taking out his PP points.

Boqvist produces at a 0.76 PPG taking out his PP points.

Regula produces at a 0.56 PPG taking out his PP points.

So he is producing about 0.2 PPG less than the two offensive Dmen that were top 10 picks when you exclude PP production. That is pretty great progress for a 3rd round pick.

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
You are not taking into account usage. Regula plays on the same team as two offensive RHD who were both taken top 10 in this past draft. Bouchard and Boqvist eat up all the PP time.

So he is producing about 0.2 PPG less than the two offensive Dmen that were top 10 picks when you exclude PP production. That is pretty great progress for a 3rd round pick.
Not sure I completely agree. But, interesting analysis if nothing else. Thanks for doing the work.

I think we all can at least agree to hope your right!

Reactions: TheMule93

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010

For me the best thing is that he is showing good improvement, getting better this year. I like the progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad