Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like to see kids play together in AHL ,just like Mantha ,AA, BERT. Good to have line Berggren, Veleno, Zadina playing 20 min a game on the same line

Reactions: hkydave04

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Oh look another assist for Regula in the 1st... Now ties last year's point total in his 43rd Game, played 67 last year
To his credit, I don't even think he gets much PP time either with Bouchard, Timms, and Boqvist.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Couple of Goalie Updates:

Larsson made 22 Saves on 24 Shots in a 3-1 Loss at #13 Western Michigan last night... Nice Effort but his 1st Loss of the Year

Eliasson made 21 Saves on 22 Shots in a 3-1 Win This Morning

Reactions: hkydave04

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Mantha put up better numbers on a worse team in his D+1 season and spent 2 years in the AHL. Let's not overstate the impact of putting up big numbers in the QMJHL.
Mantha put up very similar numbers. Unlike Mantha, Veleno is doing it while being defensively responsible.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Mantha put up better numbers on a worse team in his D+1 season and spent 2 years in the AHL. Let's not overstate the impact of putting up big numbers in the QMJHL.
The difference is Veleno is a lot better than Mantha was at all those little things. Defensive play, intensity, forechecking, back checking, consistency. I mean, let's not forget that Veleno projects as a two-way center, not a pure scorer like Mantha. It should be a lot easier for him to go pro.

I think Mantha was without a doubt more skilled at that point in his development, but Mantha in general is very highly skilled, even for the NHL.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Well shit, they showed about 20 seconds of the game and then the video feed switched to their logo. Not sure if it's ever gonna switch back or not.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
McIsaac with an assist (and a fight) today.

Veleno currently has the highest points per game in the league (excluding his teammate Comtois who has only played 7 games). McIsaac is third in points per game among defensemen.

I'm purely stat watching when it comes to the Q, does anyone here actually watch these games? I'm curious about McIsaac. His production vs last year has greatly improved, but have other parts of his game improved as well? If I recall, a knock on him was that he could be prone to making big mistakes, and I'm wondering if he's cleaned that up any.

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
McIsaac with an assist (and a fight) today.

Veleno currently has the highest points per game in the league (excluding his teammate Comtois who has only played 7 games). McIsaac is third in points per game among defensemen.

I'm purely stat watching when it comes to the Q, does anyone here actually watch these games? I'm curious about McIsaac. His production vs last year has greatly improved, but have other parts of his game improved as well? If I recall, a knock on him was that he could be prone to making big mistakes, and I'm wondering if he's cleaned that up any.

Posted this the other day, see him play all the time in Halifax
McIsaac has been pretty good this year, better decision making than last year. Plays a lot of minutes and first PP but I don’t see that at the next level, not a really dynamic player just a steady puck mover. Would like to see better defensive reads really but he has definitely been stronger than last year, progress! Also had a huge hit today; he hits like Kronwall, gets the guy coming down with his head down.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Posted this the other day, see him play all the time in Halifax
McIsaac has been pretty good this year, better decision making than last year. Plays a lot of minutes and first PP but I don’t see that at the next level, not a really dynamic player just a steady puck mover. Would like to see better defensive reads really but he has definitely been stronger than last year, progress! Also had a huge hit today; he hits like Kronwall, gets the guy coming down with his head down.

I see him as a guy thats good enough to produce in the Q, but will be more of a solid first pass/couple points here and there in the NHL, but provide solid, physical defensive play in the top 4. Maybe similar to what Brad Stuart was. I think a decent chunk of his production is a big role on a great team but he also plays a tonne of mins for them and is part of the reason theyre so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->