Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Kivenmäki will be back with the Liiga team tomorrow, on the 1st line and powerplay. They are last in the league with no risk of relegation, so I guess that lets them give opportunities like this. Here's a translation of the article on their website:
Ässät's Otto Kivenmäki will be on the top line in tomorrow's Ässät-TPS match. The forward was a 7th round pick by the Detroit Red Wings last summer.

Recently Kivenmäki has shown promise in the U20 league. In seven matches, the forward has scored 7 goals and 8 assists. Kivenmäki also played 17 games in the Liiga earlier this season.

- Five weeks ago, we held a development discussion with Kivenmäki and asked if he wants to play in the Liiga team. His answer was that he wanted to play big minutes in the U20 league.

- Three weeks ago, Otto said that he wanted to try to get back to the Liiga team. We worked together with him and team trainer Seppo Vihelä created a strength and nutrition program.

- Then we agreed with Otto that if he follows the programs and shows that he can play a strong two-way game in the U20 league, he will be given opportunities to play in the Liiga later in the spring.

- Now there has been clear improvements and Otto will get a chance to play in the Ässät Liiga team's top-6 and he will also get responsibility on the powerplay. Tomorrow against TPS I especially expect him to show a committment to the team game, said Ässät's head coach Pasi Kaukoranta.
Link: Otto Kivenmäki nousee ykkösketjuun

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kivenmäki will be back with the Liiga team tomorrow, on the 1st line and powerplay. They are last in the league with no risk of relegation, so I guess that lets them give opportunities like this. Here's a translation of the article on their website:

Link: Otto Kivenmäki nousee ykkösketjuun

Nice.

I haven't cared much about his scoring at junior level, but now it will get interesting. If he can do something against men, it's totally different...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
2 More Assists for McIsaac tonight... Now up to 30 Points in 30 Games

3rd in Defencemen points per game...

Undrafted overager D'Astous leading the defenceman scoring and McIsaac's draft-classmate Nicolas Beaudin (CHI #27 overall) at second.

When adjusting Beaudin's high-scoring Drummondville numbers to less-scoring McIsaac's Halifax numbers, they are pretty even.

Imo, McIsaac is doing pretty well for a projected shut-down defenceman, who shouldn't be a point-scorer.

Reactions: ealong59

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
3rd in Defencemen points per game...

Undrafted overager D'Astous leading the defenceman scoring and McIsaac's draft-classmate Nicolas Beaudin (CHI #27 overall) at second.

When adjusting Beaudin's high-scoring Drummondville numbers to less-scoring McIsaac's Halifax numbers, they are pretty even.

Imo, McIsaac is doing pretty well for a projected shut-down defenceman, who shouldn't be a point-scorer.

McIsaac has been pretty good this year, better decision making than last year. Plays a lot of minutes and first PP but I don’t see that at the next level, not a really dynamic player just a steady puck mover. Would like to see better defensive reads really but he has definitely been stronger than last year, progress!

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Tomorrow, Veleno's team plays the other juggernaut in his conference - the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies. Should be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

Reactions: mantha39

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
2 more assists for Regula so far tonight
Man Alec is having a pretty darn good year... Up to 24 Points in 42 Games... Had 25 Points in 67 Games last year for London.

Not bad for basically the youngest Defenseman to play for them right now (Boqvist has him by a week lol)

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Pearson having another solid year at Maine. 21 points in 22 games so far. I'm hoping the team gets him signed this year.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
2 assists for Setkov tonight in the Allsvenskan (Swe-2). He's been assigned to IK Pantern, they are another Malmö team. 3 assists in 5 games so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad