Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Excited to follow the +1 seasons of these 2018 picks. Kivenmaki may play together with Kotkaneimi in Finland if he doesn't go to Montreal, which would be good for him.

Our first 4 picks may all be playing at the WJC as well, that should be fun.

Reactions: hkydave04

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
I just want to know who I get to over hype to my Avs friend for the next few years. I fondly look back to the days I'd tell him how the league needs to beware of B. Smith & Sprouls of the world. Who will this years Robin Big Snake be? Wish RWC was still around....

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Our first 4 picks may all be playing at the WJC as well, that should be fun.

Zadina lock to play if hes not in the NHL. Rasmussen lock to play if hes not in the NHL. McIsaac will likely get a camp invite but need a strong start to the season to actually make it (hes played a lot for Canada already though and played well). Bergren I would think is a lock.

Veleno should get a camp invite but will need to be scoring at the rate he ended the season osn to get serious consideration, HC has had him play a few times though and I think at the very least he'll be a late cut but might make it as one of those jack of all trades types Canada usually brings

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I just want to know who I get to over hype to my Avs friend for the next few years. I fondly look back to the days I'd tell him how the league needs to beware of B. Smith & Sprouls of the world. Who will this years Robin Big Snake be? Wish RWC was still around....
It is.
I'll go with Sulak

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Zadina lock to play if hes not in the NHL. Rasmussen lock to play if hes not in the NHL. McIsaac will likely get a camp invite but need a strong start to the season to actually make it (hes played a lot for Canada already though and played well). Bergren I would think is a lock.

Veleno should get a camp invite but will need to be scoring at the rate he ended the season osn to get serious consideration, HC has had him play a few times though and I think at the very least he'll be a late cut but might make it as one of those jack of all trades types Canada usually brings

Veleno captained them at the Hlinka. He is a pretty big Hockey Canada guy. I like his chances more than McIsaac. I could see both missing or making it though.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
London signed Boqvist, guess that will hurt Regula’s ice time especially if Bouchard returns?

lightthelamp13

Apr 15, 2009
London signed Boqvist, guess that will hurt Regula’s ice time especially if Bouchard returns?

You never know. London generally plays their best players an insane amount of ice time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him upwards of 23+ minutes a game, even with Bouchard and Boqvist.

London played Robert Thomas at D for stretches on the PK this year. They get their best players on the ice.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
On the flipside, if Bouchard doesn't return, Regula could end up playing with Boqvist which would be great for him.
He will staying in juniors and he will have someone to learn from, not bad at all

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
When they’ve come to Flint Regula and Bouchard primarily played together..if they all come back I still don’t see that changing

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Which one plays the left side? Rare to have two righties on same pair...
TZE is correct...my season tickets are at Center Ice so I got to see both quite a bit but before Zadina fell to us I was hoping for Bouchard and Regula

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
As for some diamonds in the rough, two undrafted prospects I would like to see get camp invites are Marcus Sylvegard (just played 25 SHL games in his draft+1 season) and Olivier Galipeau (just won QMJHL defenceman of the year, as an overager).

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
As for some diamonds in the rough, two undrafted prospects I would like to see get camp invites are Marcus Sylvegard (just played 25 SHL games in his draft+1 season) and Olivier Galipeau (just won QMJHL defenceman of the year, as an overager).

Looks like the Broons beat us to the punch on one of these guys already. Let's hope the Wings take a look at Sylvegard when he plays at the WJCSS, and invite him to camp. Free assets should always be welcome.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Looks like the Broons beat us to the punch on one of these guys already. Let's hope the Wings take a look at Sylvegard when he plays at the WJCSS, and invite him to camp. Free assets should always be welcome.
They can't sign Sylvegård, he'll enter the draft at least twice more before becoming an UFA. He's an interesting prospect though, very skilled but had some issues with skating although this season it looked better in the games I saw. I watched him a lot leading up to last year's draft and thought he had enough upside to be a late rounder. The skating probably scared teams off.

Last edited:

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
They can't sign Sylvegård, he'll enter the draft at least twice more before becoming an UFA. He's an interesting prospect though, very skilled but had some issues with skating although this season it looked better in the games I saw. I watched him a lot leading up to last year's draft and thought he had enough upside to be a late rounder. The skating probably scared teams off.

If he hasn't been drafted in two drafts, chances are he goes undrafted from here on out, barring a monster performance in the WJC this year.

Some team will have him at camp, evaluate him, and sign him eventually, if the Wings don't though. I remember when Detroit dominated these lesser known European acquisitions, good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad