Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker 14-15: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Nice to see the holy-slapper without the long wind-up. Thats a real threat right there.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
A goal for Turgeon in a 10-3 loss. Portland has really been struggling this year. Hicketts with an assist in a 4-0 win.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
A goal for Turgeon in a 10-3 loss. Portland has really been struggling this year. Hicketts with an assist in a 4-0 win.

Not surprising on Portland, their former coach runs the Pens bench now and they are under significant sanctions for their wrong doings. They still had the talent they got through illegal activity according to the AHL last year However, the cliff was approaching with what they were hit with and it appears that it is this year. Still nice to see Turgeon is starting to do some nice teams, but this isn't what Portland is used to in terms of the team they can now put on ice.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Found the Storm game on rogers, think Bertuzzi has 1+3..Thats 5 goals against Paterson btw.

Last edited:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
What I loved seeing with Bertuzzi: He set up Austin Hall's first OHL Goal and he was so excited getting the puck for his teammate. Great character.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Making his case for team Canada

The crazy thing is he is creating offense on his own. He is not playing with the likes of Robby Fabbri or Jason Dickinson. He's playing 2nd line/2nd PP with Stephen Pierog (Overager who plays a similar style with less offense then Bert) and a 17 year old rookie in Tyler Boston. It has been quite impressive.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I this is our team in 4 years...

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Nyqvist - Janmark - Mantha
Pulkkinen - Larkin - Athanasiou
Bertuzzi - Ferraro - Nastasiuk
Callahan

Sproul - DeKeyser
Ouellet - Smith
Backman - Marchenko
Jensen

Mrázek
Paterson

Good or bad?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Callahan

Sproul - DeKeyser
Ouellet - Smith
Backman - Marchenko
Jensen

Mrázek
Paterson

Good or bad?

No way all those prospects make it, some will bust guaranteed. Also Zetterberg, Franzen, Kronwall, Ericsson, and Howard are all still under contract for 4+ years.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Callahan

Sproul - DeKeyser
Ouellet - Smith
Backman - Marchenko
Jensen

Mrázek
Paterson

Good or bad?

These "our roster in X years" things never pan out.

We aren't going to bring in zero free agents over four years.

Not all of these prospects are going to pan out.

And who knows if we'll be able to retain all of Jurco, Tatar, Mantha, and Nyquist after 4 more years. Nyquist will already have earned a huge pay increase at that point and Tatar/Mantha will be up for renewals as well. That's potentially a ton of dough slated for the wing, and you can't forget Franzen either.

And to answer your question: how can I know if this is good or bad? Janmark, Larkin, Paterson, Sproul, et al still have a very high chance of not being able to put it all together at the NHL level. Even Mantha might be end up be nothing more than another Benoit Pouliot at that point.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Callahan

Sproul - DeKeyser
Ouellet - Smith
Backman - Marchenko
Jensen

Mrázek
Paterson

Good or bad?

I'd say with a roster like that we're likely competing for a bottom 5 pick. You won't win anything in the NHL if your top 2 centers are Janmark or Sheahan (assuming neither complete surpasses their ceilings). I also doubt that every single prospect will make it, just 5 of those on that roster are currently established NHLers.

I also don't like how Franzen & Zetterberg aren't on the team anymore. If they've retired we face huge cap recapture penalties and we've lost all of our veteran core when you add in that Kronwall & Ericsson are also missing.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Callahan

Sproul - DeKeyser
Ouellet - Smith
Backman - Marchenko
Jensen

Mrázek
Paterson

Good or bad?

Ugly, and not realistic, as others have said. Sorry. Here's some free poutine :poutine:

But as long as we're guessing, here's my lineup that will never happen:

Nyquist - Hank - Mantha
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Mule - Helm - Pulkkinen
Abdelkader - Glendening - xUFAx/Bertuzzi
Athanasiou
Nosek

Larkin first call-up

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - xUFAx/Marchenko
Ouellet - Sproul
Jensen