Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker 14-15: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Right, but he's still with the main camp. It's a very curious decision. If he's starting the year in GR, he should have went down, no? Either way, he's a fun prospect to follow -- especially in light of how dominant he was against the Leafs earlier this week.

Pat on the back move and let him know they consider him to be an important part of the team going forward, even if he plays mostly with the Griffins this season.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Pat on the back move and let him know they consider him to be an important part of the team going forward, even if he plays mostly with the Griffins this season.

i think the reason is more simple. he's part of the team when to comes to usage. i have no doubt that he will get a few calls ups this year, so i assume so want to keep him with the team until the deadline to get him every NHL practice possible and get him used to the NHL defense in front of him.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Anyone watching the UM vs. USNTDP game? Its about halfway through the 3rd period and UM is up 7-4. Larkin has 2 goals. Might have an assist as well.

A Lark in the hand is worth two in the net.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
solid performance though it was an exhibition game against younger kids.

It should be noted that Larkin has 0 points in 1 game of league play

Still pretty close to his peer group and that NTDP team is very talented...like Colin White is only 6 months younger than Larkin.

He had some solid chances in the Ferris State game but just couldn't cash. Had the most shots among forwards I believe fwiw.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Still pretty close to his peer group and that NTDP team is very talented...like Colin White is only 6 months younger than Larkin.

He had some solid chances in the Ferris State game but just couldn't cash. Had the most shots among forwards I believe fwiw.

Yea, I didnt really mean it as a slight, I just wanted to clarify for other members where that production came from.

Glad to hear he had a good game despite not scoring. NCAA are the most difficult to follow up hear in Canada, so the updates on his overall game are greatly appreciated!

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Anyone know whats going on with Lil Bert? He's only got 2 pts in 4 games.

Stats aren't the whole story here.

The first game of the season, the entire team played like crap, call that one a write off.

In the next three games he's played much better, although it still appears he is trying a bit too hard almost. He's trying to become an offensive force and I think it has been taking away from what made him so successful the past couple seasons. Jason Dickinson and Robby Fabbri have been returned and hopefully that can allow Berts to get back into being the trigger man so to speak, as opposed to trying to carry a line.

That being said, he's now been named an Assistant Captain and his defensive game is very good. He's been on the top PK unit and is usually out there at the end of game preserving a lead as well.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Yea, I didnt really mean it as a slight, I just wanted to clarify for other members where that production came from.

Glad to hear he had a good game despite not scoring. NCAA are the most difficult to follow up hear in Canada, so the updates on his overall game are greatly appreciated!

Yeah they'll be on local tv a fair amount this year, especially if MES-TV launches as scheduled in January. Will try to update as much as I can. Don't live far from Ann Arbor and plan on going to watch a few games as well.

Boxscores for the Ferris State game and the NTDP game

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Both Janmark & Holmström had an assist today. Janmark leads Frölunda in points (6 in 9), Homer is 5th on a high-scoring team with 7p in 9 games. Interesting to look at their PP points because Homer gets most (5/7) there whereas Janmark has only 1 PP point. Great production nevertheless from Homer with only an 12:45 average ice time.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
De Haas with a goal and a helper, McKee had no points playing on the wing, Perry didn't get the start and Pope didn't dress

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I wonder if Mantha will struggle more coming to pros because he is used to physically dominatign CHL boys. Does he play a physical game to begin with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad