Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker 14-15: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Kadeykin got 12 min TOI in SKA's 0:5 win tonight. They seem to let him work on his faceoff skills.
Won just 1/10 in the first two periods, but improved significantly by winning 5/7 in the 3rd one.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I think it's just a way to get everyone as many games played as possible. Coreau can't be sent anywhere so Paterson goes back to juniors. Will be interesting to see what Saginaw decides to do with him, could be traded.
---
Kadeykin out of the lineup today.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Patterson to Peterborough seems likely given the send back.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Mrazek should be in the NHL, Holland just sucks as a GM.

As a backup? Seems like it's a waste of development time to me. He's only 22. He'd be spending weeks riding the bench not playing in game situations in the NHL. Mrazek will likely playing 5-10 games in the NHL anyway due to inevitable injuries.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
He's going to begin in the NHL as a backup regardless of whether or not he plays another year in the AHL. He's clearly ready to get started now, where's the value in waiting another year?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
He's going to begin in the NHL as a backup regardless of whether or not he plays another year in the AHL. He's clearly ready to get started now, where's the value in waiting another year?

Exactly, in what universe does Detroit bring up a goalie and immediately make him the starter? He's gonna have to move up from AHL starter to NHL backup at some point, folks. Time's a wastin'.

I think a few people around here are too focused on the Howard vs Mrazek debate. It should be a Mrazek vs. Gustavsson debate right now. And Mrazek wins hands down.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Exactly, in what universe does Detroit bring up a goalie and immediately make him the starter? He's gonna have to move up from AHL starter to NHL backup at some point, folks. Time's a wastin'.

I think a few people around here are too focused on the Howard vs Mrazek debate. It should be a Mrazek vs. Gustavsson debate right now. And Mrazek wins hands down.

I think Howard will get the majority of games while Mrazek will carry the starter load in GR. If Howard goes down for any length of time, Mrazek will get the bulk of those starts over Gustavsson. I dont mind this idea really. Play him a starter work load while getting him a decent number of NHL games this year. The monster wont stay healthy all year either

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Because during his development years he needs to be playing 50+ games. He's 22.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Paterson 39/40 saves in his first game back with Saginaw, a 4-1 win.

McKee scored in their first exhibition game vs Univ. of Toronto, 2-2 tie.

Edit. Ehn is back with Frölunda U20, scored a goal yesterday. Melén 0+1.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think Howard will get the majority of games while Mrazek will carry the starter load in GR. If Howard goes down for any length of time, Mrazek will get the bulk of those starts over Gustavsson. I dont mind this idea really. Play him a starter work load while getting him a decent number of NHL games this year. The monster wont stay healthy all year either

Imo, Mrazek should start every NHL game possible, if Howard is unable to start. Just if there's a roster spot trough injuries and enables him to start.

Brandel*

Nastasiuk's goals from this afternoon

if anyone or mods would prefer me to collapse these gifs (ex below) i can do that, they are kinda large so let me know

[collapse=text]prospect gifs would be here[/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:

tkhockey*

Just for clarification, Mrazek is slated to start the year in the AHL? Or is there something else going on? Because he's still in the main camp, and it's making me hold off from trying to decide what to do with him for my keeper team lol

Brandel*

Just for clarification, Mrazek is slated to start the year in the AHL? Or is there something else going on? Because he's still in the main camp, and it's making me hold off from trying to decide what to do with him for my keeper team lol

The plan is for him to start in GR, yes. I have no idea why he wasn't sent down today. Gustavsson probably dealing with his 15th groin injury of the season.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

He's going to GR. Howard and Gus are the goalies in Detroit.

tkhockey*

The plan is for him to start in GR, yes. I have no idea why he wasn't sent down today. Gustavsson probably dealing with his 15th groin injury of the season.

He's going to GR. Howard and Gus are the goalies in Detroit.

Right, but he's still with the main camp. It's a very curious decision. If he's starting the year in GR, he should have went down, no? Either way, he's a fun prospect to follow -- especially in light of how dominant he was against the Leafs earlier this week.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Right, but he's still with the main camp. It's a very curious decision. If he's starting the year in GR, he should have went down, no? Either way, he's a fun prospect to follow -- especially in light of how dominant he was against the Leafs earlier this week.

When it comes to the Wings and their decisions on what to do with youngsters, they're all "curious" decisions. Although in this case, I support Mrazek going back to the AHL. I'd like to see him get 50 pro games in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad