GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild 2/17/13 5 PM CT

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Why did Brodin only play 17 minutes?

Having 3 righties complicated things for Rick Wilson so Brodin spent the most on the left side of any game this year, though he did get some action on the right side as well. And when Suter's racking up around 30 a night on that side theres not a whole lot left to go around.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
He would have been lower than his average before he got hit in the hand.

Yeo messing with the defense all game ate into Brodin's icetime bigtime.

minne

Feb 5, 2013
Minnesota
Just watched the highlights after missing the game tonight.

Awesome stuff seeing 3 goals in 4 minutes, slapper from heatley and my god, zucker blew by that defenseman so fast he looked like a blur on my computer screen. My monitor needs a higher refresh rate if i want to watch him play. He's an example of what each player needs to be doing by skating their ***** off. Then finally that goal by Mitchell.

Good win tonight glad we got to see some young talent showcased.

Billy Mays Here*

I don't think I've ever seen a more invisible player than Cullen this year. Not that it's a bad thing, but I hardly ever notice him. He's not making plays or creating much offense, but at the same time he's not turning the puck over or effing up defensively either. The guy seems like he's stuck in limbo.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't think I've ever seen a more invisible player than Cullen this year. Not that it's a bad thing, but I hardly ever notice him. He's not making plays or creating much offense, but at the same time he's not turning the puck over or effing up defensively either. The guy seems like he's stuck in limbo.

Cullen plays better at center, and Brodziak has been struggling in both the defensive and offensive zones. I'd have Cullen center the 3rd line to take the defensive pressure off of Brodziak's shoulders, put Brodziak on Cullen's wing. If you need Brodziak's right handedness in a faceoff, he can take the faceoff in the right circle, then move back to the wing after the faceoff.

Billy Mays Here*

Cullen plays better at center, and Brodziak has been struggling in both the defensive and offensive zones. I'd have Cullen center the 3rd line to take the defensive pressure off of Brodziak's shoulders, put Brodziak on Cullen's wing. If you need Brodziak's right handedness in a faceoff, he can take the faceoff in the right circle, then move back to the wing after the faceoff.

Holy crap! All this time I was thinking Brodziak was a lefty for some reason. Interesting. . .

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Brodziak has been so invisible that you didn't even think about him :sarcasm:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Guys,

Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker. Zucker.

ZuckerZuckerZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckerZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckerZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckerZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckerZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckeZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckZuckerZucker
ZuckerZucZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuZuckerZucker
ZuckerZZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckerZucker
ZuckeZuckerZucker
ZuckZuckerZucker
ZucZuckerZucker
ZuZuckerZucker
ZZuckerZucker
ZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckerZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckerZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckerZuckerZucker
ZuckerZuckerZuckerZucker

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Granlund better be centering that 2nd line thursday. He's been clearly out playing Cullen and Brodziak now.

I don't know. I like having Granlund either at wing if he's in the top 6 or if he's playing center on the 4th line. I think Granlund has been a bit overwhelmed, and since being a center also means playing a bit of defense, it's been a bit much to take in. Moving him to wing and letting him roam free from defense would be best. Granlund, while isn't a terrible two-way forward, isn't exactly built yet to be a two-way forward in the NHL. Limiting his minutes and letting him soak up everything would be best for him without severely compromising his play.

I'd like to see Granlund - Larsson - Zucker personally.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Did you see the replay? Obviously unintentional.

Unintentional or not, he's responsible for his stick and needs to have control of it at all times. Reckless play.

There's absolutely no way of telling what the lines will look like in the next game and I won't make any guesses. If the flu epidemic passes and everybody's healthy come Thursday, I expect a rookie to be sent down. Right now I think it's going to be either Larsson or Granlund. If Yeo can't think of a more sensible spot for Granlund in the lineup than 4th line C, it should be him. Better that way. Let Konopka play where he's supposed to and give the kid a scoring role in Houston.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Hate to say it but it was good to see SOME emotion for our players even if it was kind of dirty. I know it was bad and Seto shouldn't have done what he did, but man after watching our players continually get rough up and we don't do anything, it was nice to see some emotion from the bench.

THEALLKNOWING*

I have no problem with Russo between periods, calling out Mikko. What I do have a problem with is him not calling out the Baby Jesus Parise. But he won't do it because he's local, he never says anything about one of his/fan favorites, he's media-friendly, etc.

Also, in listening to the telecasts, repeatedly Lapanta and Greenlay talked about Cal C's passes in the offense zone. Problem was, over 90% of those are actually shots! Cal C's decision-making on the break-away with Brodziak was horrible. I don't have problem taking the shot if he is not going to pass, but at leas keep it low, and on the short-side in case there is a rebound. Far-side, high, and missing the net was ridiculous.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I have no problem with Russo between periods, calling out Mikko. What I do have a problem with is him not calling out the Baby Jesus Parise. But he won't do it because he's local, he never says anything about one of his/fan favorites, he's media-friendly, etc.

I actually agree with you. I believe Russo should treat everyone the same way, but I'm not naïve enough to think that will ever happen. The media's never neutral and even hockey writers are humans who have their own personal preferences.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I'd like to occasionally see our guys lay an open ice hit on the puck carrier. They are more than content to just poke at the Wings as they skate right by in the neutral zone.

Awful first half, solid second half. Good defense in that second half as well. Broke up a lot of plays, forced the dump-and-chase out of Detroit, and was retrieving the puck first.

Zucker is clearly the biggest offensive threat of any of the prospects we've seen so far. He certainly deserves a spot over Granlund and Coyle long term. He's got speed, puck carrying ability, and can shoot. What a first goal.

Didn't see a ton out of Larsson except for one rush where I thought Spurgeon carried the puck up ice and made some nifty moves, until I saw the 47. Looked good, not sure if he's ready or not but he'll be a player.

Heatley on the top line...love it in the O zone, hate it everywhere else. Just, man, what a liability. He and Koivu combined are at fault for one of the goals.

Second line was okay, just so streaky. That should be a third line. Third line should be the fourth line. We need a real second line full of real NHL players with offensive ability and CONSISTENCY to control the puck.

Nice to see a win, it's been really rough. Of course, Wild play one game in six days so no way to capitalize on any momentum. Thought there was a condensed schedule? Seems like the Wild's barely played the last two weeks.

Oh, and I could see Seto getting suspended for that one. What a brutal, stupid crosscheck. Could have severely injured the guy.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Second line was okay, just so streaky. That should be a third line. Third line should be the fourth line. We need a real second line full of real NHL players with offensive ability and CONSISTENCY to control the puck.

Come to think of it, we haven't had a second line since Rolston-White-Bouchard. Coincidentally, that was also the year we won the division...

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Come to think of it, we haven't had a second line since Rolston-White-Bouchard. Coincidentally, that was also the year we won the division...
and even then that was possible because we didn't have a first line--only a Gaborik.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
We had Demitra, so 2/3 of a first line, with whoever was plugger of the month...

ah yes, but i always counted him as a second liner for some reason. They worked well together when healthy. :(

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Nice to see a win, it's been really rough. Of course, Wild play one game in six days so no way to capitalize on any momentum. Thought there was a condensed schedule? Seems like the Wild's barely played the last two weeks.

They played 6 games in the last 11 days :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad