GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild 2/17/13 5 PM CT

THEALLKNOWING*

How has he been a non-factor? He has been great on the penalty kill and on the forecheck. More offense is expected than what he has contributed during that stretch, but he has been far from a "non-factor".

Koivu has average speed and Heatley with below-average at best. Parise can only do so much when he is the only guy in the offensive zone for a good 2-3 seconds when trying to maintain control of the puck. He is going to lose it every once in a while.

99% of the team has not been scoring from prime scoring chances. This team averages 1-2 pipes or crossbars a game. There have been a lot of unlucky bounces in the last week or two, and you cannot fault that on specific players.

Stop being so damn negative. It's just embarrassing.

I take it the 1% who is scoring in your mind is Parise. I don't know who else it would be. Okay, I admit. I am wrong. Parise never, ever, has a bad game. Or games. How can anyone have a bad game if they are fast?

For the life of me, I cannot understand how Koivu has as many points right now as Parise. Thank goodness when Parise scored his last goal, no one paid any attention to Mikko doing all the work in order for it to happen. Even though he didn't get an assist.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
I take it the 1% who is scoring in your mind is Parise. I don't know who else it would be. Okay, I admit. I am wrong. Parise never, ever, has a bad game. Or games. How can anyone have a bad game if they are fast?

For the life of me, I cannot understand how Koivu has as many points right now as Parise. Thank goodness when Parise scored his last goal, no one paid any attention to Mikko doing all the work in order for it to happen. Even though he didn't get an assist.

All the work? Parise carried the puck into the zone, putting on the breaks and coasting from the red line. That gave Koivu a chance to catch up. Parise passed to Heatley who then passed to Koivu. Koivu shot it and Parise picked up the rebound.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Losing pucks, not scoring from prime scoring chances and being a non-factor on the 1st line = not being good.

So let me get this straight. Because he isn't scoring 100% from prime scoring chances he is a bust and needs to be called out about it?? And the 1st line not being a factor?? Please refresh my memory on what games he should be called out on? Let alone Mikko. Because if anyone either says Chicago, Anaheim, Vancouver, or Detroit...I'm calling BS.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

I think 100% of this team could GAF about their point totals at the end of the day. They want the exact same thing we all want, playoffs and a cup run. That is it. People who demand we score 3-4 goals a game consistently and only cough up 2 at most are either drinking way too much Kool-Aid or they have no concept of realistic expectations as to a team with the amount of turnover we've had and in a shorten season. I don't think there is a single other team out there that has seen what we saw this year.

THEALLKNOWING*

Gee, will Mikko get an I'm sorry from Russo, since apparently he was sick during the game in which Russo called him out? Somehow I doubt it.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Gee, will Mikko get an I'm sorry from Russo, since apparently he was sick during the game in which Russo called him out? Somehow I doubt it.

The shadows of the afternoon have tempted the trolls to leave the safety of their bridges....

You realize eventually you will just be blocked by everyone here, at which point you will be talking to yourself?

.....most the more negative people on here also have some very analytical or positive things to say without adding a hint of negativity, please try to do that for all our sake!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Thank you, Koivu doesn't give a crap about what Russo thinks.

Honestly, no one should. He is a good writer and has a great pulse on the team...but he is just the same as any other person employed to write about a team. Incite drama and keep people wanting to read the paper. I follow him on Twitter and Facebook...but no way I would cite him as gospel as to my own opinion on the team.

OpRedDawn*

What did Russo even say about koivu? Wasni it just for not shooting the puck?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad