GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild 2/17/13 5 PM CT

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
wingsAT_zpsb1b3482f.png
ATwild_zps93ae2442.png

It is the second meeting between the Wild and Wings. First one ended in a 3-5 win for the Wings.

Larsson_zps713f51f7.png

Johan Larsson will most likey make his NHL debut today. The gritty two-way center has scored 27 points (13g 14a) in 50 games with the Houston Aeros in the American Hockey League. Larsson wears jersey #47 as a Wild.

Zucker_zpse03b9a11.png

Jason Zucker could play his seventh game on NHL level today. He played a six games with the Wild last season and totaled 2 points (0g 2a). Zucker leads Houston Aeros in points with 41 (19g 22a). He wears jersey #16 as a Wild.

Detroit Red Wings

img.aspx

Home: 5-3-1 Away: 2-2-1 (4th in Central Division)

Projected lineup:

Cleary - Zetterberg - Brunner
Abdelkader - Filppula - Samuelsson
Tatar - Emmerton - Eaves
Miller - Andersson - Tootoo

Kronwall - Lashoff
Ericsson - White
Quincey - Huskins

Mrazek

Leading scorer: Henrik Zetterberg with 5g 13a = 18 points.

Minnesota Wild

29-05033-A.jpg

Home: 5-2-1 Away: 1-4-1 (3rd in Northwest Division)

Projected lineup:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - Brodziak - Setoguchi
Larsson - Cullen - Clutterbuck
Mitchell - Granlund - Rupp

Suter – Spurgeon
Gilbert – Brodin
Prosser – Stoner

Kuemper

Leading scorer: Mikko Koivu (3g 8a) and Zach Parise (7g 4a) tie with 11 points.

Last edited:

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I don't get why they schuduled this game during the gopher game. Stupid. I'm going to miss it anyways because I have a hockey game. DVR for me. Excitied to see if the two kids can spark the offense. Wild win 3-2

Aapo

Jan 16, 2011
I predict Wild win this one 4-3

Wild goals: Parise, Heatley, Suter, Granlund

Red Wing goals: Nyquist x3

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
3-2 Wild win in the OT. Granny, Brodin and Seto with goals.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Excited to see Larsson and Zucker. Not excited about the fact that my teammates are likely going to spoil the outcome for me again in the dressing room.

Thats the worst thing. Do all that time avoiding tvs and phones and people just blow it. Bleh.

Hope there isn't much overlap between the Gophs and this.

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
I was reading yahoo puck daddy's Three Stars of the night and number one star was John Tavares. He netted a hatty and YPD said the Islanders won the game because "Tavares was the difference." I leave everyone to ponder how many times have the Wild won ( or lost) a game because Koivu was the difference maker (or not.) That's something a captain should be doing far more often than Koivu does. Yeah, generally he plays a solid game but he rarely takes over a game on his own and brings home the 'W' single handely.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I was reading yahoo puck daddy's Three Stars of the night and number one star was John Tavares. He netted a hatty and YPD said the Islanders won the game because "Tavares was the difference." I leave everyone to ponder how many times have the Wild won ( or lost) a game because Koivu was the difference maker (or not.) That's something a captain should be doing far more often than Koivu does. Yeah, generally he plays a solid game but he rarely takes over a game on his own and brings home the 'W' single handely.

You're talking about a possible top 5 player in the league vs. Koivu. Kind of a big difference between roles. This is stupid to even ponder.

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
You're talking about a possible top 5 player in the league vs. Koivu. Kind of a big difference between roles. This is stupid to even ponder.

I'm not asking Koivu to net hat trick after hat trick but I am asking that he starts playing more of a pivotal role and starts being the difference maker more than 5 games a year for this team.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Comparing Koivu and Tavares? :biglaugh:

I wouldn't even know where to begin responding to your post. You're comparing apples and oranges.

THEALLKNOWING*

I'm not asking Koivu to net hat trick after hat trick but I am asking that he starts playing more of a pivotal role and starts being the difference maker more than 5 games a year for this team.

Mikko has just as many points this year as the Baby Jesus Parise. Captain of an NHL team. Captain of Finnish national teams. All-star last year. Wild have more points this year than the NYI in the same amount of games.

Tavares overall #1 pick, he better be putting the puck in the net.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
It's easy to tell Country Gentleman hasn't watched Tavares play; he's nonchalant as hell.

Scoring goals =/= being a difference-maker

... Unless you're only looking at boxscores... Which is how this entire conversation began.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Hopefully I'll get to watch some of this game tonight. I'm calling a 1 goal game, just not sure if it's a win or a loss for the good guys.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
It'll be interesting to see how much of a spark the kids make in the lineup tonight. Hope they make a good impression.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad