GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild 2/17/13 5 PM CT

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Cullen plays better at center, and Brodziak has been struggling in both the defensive and offensive zones. I'd have Cullen center the 3rd line to take the defensive pressure off of Brodziak's shoulders, put Brodziak on Cullen's wing. If you need Brodziak's right handedness in a faceoff, he can take the faceoff in the right circle, then move back to the wing after the faceoff.

I like this idea. Cullen is a decent 3C, we should use him in this spot.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
His handedness and Yeo's absolute love of such things, is probably the only reason Brodziak has not sat a night in the pressbox yet.

Seriously! Butch hasn't been great, but better than both Cullen & Brodziak. Freakin Granlund on the 4th line multiple times... WTF

It's decisions like this that make me question Yeo, a lot lately.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Someone needs to tell Clutterbuck to learn how to ****ing shoot the puck some besides high glove side.

Did you see one of the clean shots he had on goal, just him and the goalie, ****ing goalie's stick is broken, AND Clutter more net on the left side. What does he do?!?!****ing shoots high glove side where he has half the space and the ****ing goalie, of course just has his glove open and makes an easy catch.

If we had a couple of smarter players, we shoudl have won that game with at least 4-5, instead of 3.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting tired of Clutterbuck. He kills offense and makes some really stupid decisions at times. Personally, I would really like to see him moved before he gets his next contract, and while other teams still seem to think he has as much value as they seem to think he does.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
thats the kind of character win i've been waiting 4. great job wild boys! deucemn, im not sure why your ragging on big buck he was hitting everything he could. he'll never be a 30G scorer and neither will PMB!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
To be perfectly honest, we should be able to steamroll Detroit. Outside of their top line, that is a very unknown and shaky Red Wings team as compared to years past.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Hate to say it but it was good to see SOME emotion for our players even if it was kind of dirty. I know it was bad and Seto shouldn't have done what he did, but man after watching our players continually get rough up and we don't do anything, it was nice to see some emotion from the bench.

Yep, this. I have no problem with Seto doing what he did. Sure, it was a double minor, but he sent a message. Besides, it was Quincey's own fault since he was the one who chose to hit him in the first place.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I have no problem with Russo between periods, calling out Mikko. What I do have a problem with is him not calling out the Baby Jesus Parise. But he won't do it because he's local, he never says anything about one of his/fan favorites, he's media-friendly, etc.

Also, in listening to the telecasts, repeatedly Lapanta and Greenlay talked about Cal C's passes in the offense zone. Problem was, over 90% of those are actually shots! Cal C's decision-making on the break-away with Brodziak was horrible. I don't have problem taking the shot if he is not going to pass, but at leas keep it low, and on the short-side in case there is a rebound. Far-side, high, and missing the net was ridiculous.

Do you post on the Startribunes website under the name Maglaforet?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i think theallknowing got banned from the trib site then had to change his name. a couple times IIRC

walloftvs

Mar 8, 2010
Minnesota
I don't think Clutter is capable of shooting a puck lower than a goalies armpit.

If I was Yeo, I'd take Clutter's sticks away & make him play with a 1982 Titan with no curve.

THEALLKNOWING*

i think theallknowing got banned from the trib site then had to change his name. a couple times IIRC

I don't post on the Startribune because objective journalism rarely happens there. When it does, coming from Souhan or Ruesse, they get ripped-on by the readers who say they don't know anything.

It is all about getting and keeping readers, and saying something negative, or questioning anything regarding any Minnesota-born player, doesn't sell newspapers.

Like I said, Russo should rip Mikko if he deserves it. But I don't think I have heard Russo say anything negative about Parise. I have watched the games, Zach has had a few where he has played poorly, a total non-factor.

About the only objective person I have heard is Wes Walz. Many of the rest are so intertwined between Fox SportNorth, the newspaper, and the Wild, that it seems as if its one big public relations game to promote the team.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
tumblr_m23becZfBU1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Seriously! Butch hasn't been great, but better than both Cullen & Brodziak. Freakin Granlund on the 4th line multiple times... WTF

It's decisions like this that make me question Yeo, a lot lately.

So Granlund finally starts to play better, and put up points, and yet you still complain, because he is on the 4th line.

If he is providing points on the 4th line, then keep him there until he proves he can do it on other lines.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So Granlund finally starts to play better, and put up points, and yet you still complain, because he is on the 4th line.

If he is providing points on the 4th line, then keep him there until he proves he can do it on other lines.

For the record on his 3 game point steak, two of those games he was playing on the second line.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I don't post on the Startribune because objective journalism rarely happens there. When it does, coming from Souhan or Ruesse, they get ripped-on by the readers who say they don't know anything.

It is all about getting and keeping readers, and saying something negative, or questioning anything regarding any Minnesota-born player, doesn't sell newspapers.

Like I said, Russo should rip Mikko if he deserves it. But I don't think I have heard Russo say anything negative about Parise. I have watched the games, Zach has had a few where he has played poorly, a total non-factor.

About the only objective person I have heard is Wes Walz. Many of the rest are so intertwined between Fox SportNorth, the newspaper, and the Wild, that it seems as if its one big public relations game to promote the team.

That's because there's nothing negative to say?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Losing pucks, not scoring from prime scoring chances and being a non-factor on the 1st line = not being good.

How has he been a non-factor? He has been great on the penalty kill and on the forecheck. More offense is expected than what he has contributed during that stretch, but he has been far from a "non-factor".

Koivu has average speed and Heatley with below-average at best. Parise can only do so much when he is the only guy in the offensive zone for a good 2-3 seconds when trying to maintain control of the puck. He is going to lose it every once in a while.

99% of the team has not been scoring from prime scoring chances. This team averages 1-2 pipes or crossbars a game. There have been a lot of unlucky bounces in the last week or two, and you cannot fault that on specific players.

Stop being so damn negative. It's just embarrassing.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Parise is on pace for ~38 goals in a 82 game schedule. I'd say he is off to a pretty damn good start in his Wild career. There really is no need to call him out at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad