Confirmed Trade: [DET/STL] Robby Fabbri for Jacob de la Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
We got taken out behind the woodshed on this trade. Its only going to look worse with every point he scores.

Contending teams do this stuff every now and then.

... Ken Holland once traded Calle Jarnkrok for David Legwand. Jarnkrok hasn't been a world-beater, but he had a lot of potential, and Legwand was an absolute bum at the end of his career.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
There are 100 middle six options in this scenario so I'm confident one would garner such a return. They didn't HAVE to trade this specific middle six guy.

I’m talking about this trade. Why would they keep a middle six guy who’s been frequently scratched? The guy they got is “worse” but fills a role Fabbri doesn’t.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
And I truly hope he does become a consistent 50 point scorer. Everyone is complaining about the return, but don't forget these are people playing hockey, and sometimes when a player doesn't fit into a system, the GM does him a solid and moves him knowing that the return is going to be nothing. They Blues may have even just let him walk after this season, and it was between getting a player that can dress or getting a low level pick that probably has a 10% chance of donning a sweater in 3-4 years.

Sometimes hockey moves are for personal reasons and don't always have to make sense.

Yeah I agree. He likely never breaks out with the Blues. He’ll get every opportunity with us. Detroit might get the better player but it’s a good move for both teams.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Everybody wants to say this team won this trade, that team lost this trade.

I say Fabbri won the trade by getting on a team where he can shine and get more playing minutes.

JDLR won the trade by playing on the 3rd line and the PK tonight for the reigning Stanley Cup champs. Steen is out and JDLR gets a chance to fill some big skates. Apparently, Chief already likes what he sees.

Doug Armstrong wins the trade by taking care of a player. Players respect that.

Yzernann wins the trade by bringing new blood to revamp his last place team.

Last edited:

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Everybody wants to say this team won this trade, that team lost this trade.

I say Fabbri won the trade by getting on a team where he can shine and get more playing minutes.

JDLR won the trade by playing on the 3rd line tonight and the PK for the reigning Stanley Cup champs. Chief already like what he sees. Steen is out and JDLR gets a chance to fill some big skates.

Doug Armstrong wins the trade by taking care of a player. Players respect that.

Yzernann wins the trade by bringing new blood to revamp his last place team.

While I agree with everything you said, all I can think of is

1r14en.jpg

Reactions: Ho Kogan

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Attn: STL Blues fans & NHL fans wishing Fabbri and/or DeLaRose well. Thanks.

The Red Wings are in a bad place & needed a spark. Hopefully both players work well for both teams. Best of luck to JDLR in his debut tonight.

Reactions: simon IC

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Maybe the talent was there, but the physical ability has greatly diminished. He isn't the same player he was. I hope he finds his game, but it was not going to happen in St. Louis.
the physical ability hasnt diminished. Does he still have the 1st line upside...
No. But I'd bet he's still a quality middle 6 option. As I said....it was a coaching decision as to why he's not in Stl. Berube didnt want to let him work his way in.

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
the physical ability hasnt diminished. Does he still have the 1st line upside...
No. But I'd bet he's still a quality middle 6 option. As I said....it was a coaching decision as to why he's not in Stl. Berube didnt want to let him work his way in.
And that is because other players are playing well and there is no room for him. This isn't a rebuilding team. He can now go to Detroit and try to find his game again by playing a lot of minutes every night. Fabbri and Sanford are very similar players at this point, but Sanford doesn't have a glass knee.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
And that is because other players are playing well and there is no room for him. This isn't a rebuilding team. He can now go to Detroit and try to find his game again by playing a lot of minutes every night. Fabbri and Sanford are very similar players at this point, but Sanford doesn't have a glass knee.
Glass knees? Now you're just talking out of your ass. Fabbri has displayed his knee is fine as he was one of the best skaters on the Blues. Fabbri was held to a standard that players like Sanford were not held to. Even Thomas. Only the last few games has he looked good. Everyone said he needed time and he did. That luxury was not afforded to Fabbri. Sanford has been gifted 2nd line duty with our 2 best forwards, Fabbri wasnt given that opportunity. Having Orielly and Perron dragging you along is alot easier then skating with Bozak and Sanford or a 50% Thomas. Fabbri was given an uphill battle.

Reactions: OSA

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I can live with the ACL injuries, it's not a death sentence.

It's like people forgot that Kronwall blew an ACL and MCL at 24, and then the same MCL again at 28. He was still one of the better defenders in the league until he was 35 or so.

Franzen tore his ACL at 30 and still returned to be the same quality player. (The concussions are what did him in)

Malkin tore his ACL and MCL at 25.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I can live with the ACL injuries, it's not a death sentence.

It's like people forgot that Kronwall blew an ACL and MCL at 24, and then the same MCL again at 28. He was still one of the better defenders in the league until he was 35 or so.

Franzen tore his ACL at 30 and still returned to be the same quality player. (The concussions are what did him in)

Malkin tore his ACL and MCL at 25.
His knee isnt the issue. He just needs consistent play time and not get benched for making mistakes.

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
Glass knees? Now you're just talking out of your ass. Fabbri has displayed his knee is fine as he was one of the best skaters on the Blues. Fabbri was held to a standard that players like Sanford were not held to. Even Thomas. Only the last few games has he looked good. Everyone said he needed time and he did. That luxury was not afforded to Fabbri. Sanford has been gifted 2nd line duty with our 2 best forwards, Fabbri wasnt given that opportunity. Having Orielly and Perron dragging you along is alot easier then skating with Bozak and Sanford or a 50% Thomas. Fabbri was given an uphill battle.
Remove the names and personal attachments. Fabbri and Sanford are very similar. Only one of them hasn't had 2 ACL surgeries. The team is not struggling though, so why change things up? Even when they weren't playing great they were getting results. Fabbri just does not fit here anymore, it's unfortunate. Was it a fantastic trade for the Blues? No. But it is best for his career that he moves somewhere that he will get consistent playing time. Let's face it, he has next to no value right now. DA got what he could and sent Fabbri to a destination where he'll have a great opportunity to get his game back.

And for the record I don't particularly care for Sanford, I'd rather see Blais with ROR and DP. I think Sanford will be the odd man out come playoff time assuming they pick someone up to fill in for Frank.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Remove the names and personal attachments. Fabbri and Sanford are very similar. Only one of them hasn't had 2 ACL surgeries. The team is not struggling though, so why change things up? Even when they weren't playing great they were getting results. Fabbri just does not fit here anymore, it's unfortunate. Was it a fantastic trade for the Blues? No. But it is best for his career that he moves somewhere that he will get consistent playing time. Let's face it, he has next to no value right now. DA got what he could and sent Fabbri to a destination where he'll have a great opportunity to get his game back.

And for the record I don't particularly care for Sanford, I'd rather see Blais with ROR and DP. I think Sanford will be the odd man out come playoff time assuming they pick someone up to fill in for Frank.
I dont disagree, but I would have rather kept the guy with real upside. It was a mismanaged situation. If Berube wasn't going to give Fabbri a long leash, he should have went to SA before the season started then brought back to STL midseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad