Confirmed Trade: [DET/STL] Robby Fabbri for Jacob de la Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I doubt you know how to manage anything if you can't even acknowledge DLR has above average defense. You said his defense is "average at best".

You're failing biggly right from the start.
If he's so great at defense (or anything for that matter) can you explain how he ended up on waivers? From that fact alone, you have to assume that no one was willing to give up anything of value for him as recently as a year ago. He has a career 45% CF, 45% FF, and a -0.2 points shares. He is actually +2.0 for his career for DPS (over 209 NHL Games) and -2.2 OPS to get to that net -0.2 PS.

I'll tell you what, I'll make you a deal. I will acknowledge that his career 2.0 DPS (0.01 DPS/G) puts him at just above average defensively and say that he is an above average player defensively if you will admit that he adds virtually no value offensively and that he (at -0.2 PS) is a replacement level player. Agreed?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If he's so great at defense (or anything for that matter) can you explain how he ended up on waivers? From that fact alone, you have to assume that no one was willing to give up anything of value for him as recently as a year ago. He has a career 45% CF, 45% FF, and a -0.2 points shares. He is actually +2.0 for his career for DPS (over 209 NHL Games) and -2.2 OPS to get to that net -0.2 PS.

I'll tell you what, I'll make you a deal. I will acknowledge that his career 2.0 DPS (0.01 DPS/G) puts him at just above average defensively and say that he is an above average player defensively if you will admit that he adds virtually no value offensively and that he (at -0.2 PS) is a replacement level player. Agreed?

Of course I agree with that, that's why the habs got rid of him. He sucks offensively.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Yes, and I also understand how to manage organizational assets. You?

Edit: Let me put this another way. If you have 6 hammers and 2 screwdrivers, would you trade a screwdriver for another hammer? Now fast forward to a time when you really need another screwdriver and don't have one to spare, but you've still got a bag full of hammers. Now what? The Blues have plenty of hammers (defensive forwards) but have had trouble scoring goals. They had only two healthy players in the organization that weren't already in the lineup in Fabbri and Kyrou (our two screwdrivers) that could reasonably be expected to address scoring needs at the NHL level, and they traded one of them for a player with the same basic skill set as six other guys already under contract to the team. Does that make sense?
That's a great analogy, it doesn't matter hammer, screw or nail! It's all about the carpenter.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
That's a great analogy, it doesn't matter hammer, screw or nail! It's all about the carpenter.
A good carpenter knows that when it’s time to turn screws you don’t want a toolbox full of hammers. Rely on your experience and training, but put yourself in a position to get the job done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad