Confirmed Trade: [DET/STL] Robby Fabbri for Jacob de la Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Is the feeling STL only called Detroit on Fabbri? I mean realistically they would have made him available to all bad teams if their idea was to do right by him to get him into a situation with ice time. So in the very least 8-10 teams would have been made aware and could have made offers. STL would have taken the best offer (in their minds) - so in the very least all other offers were very close to DLR returns. Fabbri's issue isn't his talent, it's his health. This will be a one-sided trade as long as he's healthy. DLR won't be waived - he just needs to work on fitting into the system. Come playoff time he'll be a regular.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Is the feeling STL only called Detroit on Fabbri? I mean realistically they would have made him available to all bad teams if their idea was to do right by him to get him into a situation with ice time. So in the very least 8-10 teams would have been made aware and could have made offers. STL would have taken the best offer (in their minds) - so in the very least all other offers were very close to DLR returns. Fabbri's issue isn't his talent, it's his health. This will be a one-sided trade as long as he's healthy. DLR won't be waived - he just needs to work on fitting into the system. Come playoff time he'll be a regular.
Sadly that was probably the best offer for Fabbri. I suspect that other teams offered picks or AHL level players, which didn't fill a need for the Blues with Steen and Tarasenko out for a while.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Said it before and I’ll say it again: Fabbri is currently a top-9 forward that has been and will be a top-6 forward for he foreseeable future. The Blues were stupid to trade him/allow things to get to the point where Fabbri felt like he needed to be traded. He was worth more to us than he was in a trade, and we should have given him the same opportunity we gave Sanford to succeed. We found time in the past to be patient with the likes of Patrik Berglund, Dmitrij Jaskin, and more, but when it comes to legitimate talent in a Fabbri we can’t be bothered.

Good organizations don’t do things like let a 23-year old scoring forward with speed on a cheap contract go when their top scoring wing is out, and they have open spots on both wings on two lines. Ridiculous move.

As much as I don’t like the Detroit teams of the past, I really like the future of the Wings and wish them all the best. They have some special players.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Though it will amount to nothing this year since we will still finish bottom 5, if Fabbri can be re signed and keep up a 55-60 point level of play, this may be the best trade of the year (Not counting Neal and Lucic since offseason). That doesn’t mean St. Louis lost it horribly or anything, but the reward for what the Wings gave up has been insane so far.

7 points in 5 1/2 games so far

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

The belief is Army tried do right by Fabbri and tried to find a place for Fabbri where he would get a chance to play a top 6 role and get solid minutes every night

Reactions: Oddbob

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's a weird trade. JDL has never shown any talent, his ceiling is that of a not very good 4th liner. Fabbri on the other hand clearly showed more potential, and even if he'd not broken out quite this well this season, it's still a bad trade by Blues.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Fabbri's production reminds me of Hirose's last year.
Got a feeling he's in for a long slump.

He's had 2 games where he looked good. But mostly, nothing in his game stands out.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Is the feeling STL only called Detroit on Fabbri? I mean realistically they would have made him available to all bad teams if their idea was to do right by him to get him into a situation with ice time. So in the very least 8-10 teams would have been made aware and could have made offers.

Daniel Sprong cleared waivers.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Though it will amount to nothing this year since we will still finish bottom 5, if Fabbri can be re signed and keep up a 55-60 point level of play, this may be the best trade of the year (Not counting Neal and Lucic since offseason). That doesn’t mean St. Louis lost it horribly or anything, but the reward for what the Wings gave up has been insane so far.

7 points in 5 1/2 games so far

Honestly I think this is one of those rare teams where both sides would be happy to see 1 side have a clear win. Most Blues fans would absolutely love to see Fabbri succeed and I would be happy to say Detroit won this trade in the future.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm happy for Fabbri is having success in Red Wings. Wonder is Fabbri get chance to play Bertuzzi, more than powerplay unite. They clearly have chemistry.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Fabbri is on a hot streak no doubt but i cant see this being a longterm thing and with alot of kids coming (veleno,zadina,rasmussen,svechnikov and hopefully a lafraniere or byfield) i cant see any hopes of him being a top 6 guy and possibly not even a redwing after the 2020-2021 season

Nice for the kid to have some good nhl moments now though

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Even if he isnt better there’s way too many bodies ahead of fabbri for me to see him as a longterm top 6

I could see Fabbri as a top 9 guy who starts the season on the 3rd line and is the first option in the top 6 in case of an injury. Similar role to Jost with the Avs.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
I'm happy for Fabbri is having success in Red Wings. Wonder is Fabbri get chance to play Bertuzzi, more than powerplay unite. They clearly have chemistry.

Our first line is pretty much locked in with Bert-Larkin-Mantha. Barring injury to Mantha or the wheels completely fall off the wagon with that line I don't see it.

Reactions: Ranksu

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
8 goals and 15 points in 16 games. He's obviously getting lucky (two goals off Winnipeg players tonight) and wouldn't get as much opportunity on a better team, but what a great story for this kid.

Great story. I admittedly didn't think his legs were good enough anymore. I thought he was all but done, but he's changed his game a bit and evolved. Proving all the doubters (me included) wrong! He's finding a nice little spot on that PP, and as you said, he's super lucky but he's playing the right way.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don't think honestly that you can blame St. Louis for trading away Fabbri, even if they got not much in return. The Blues are much deeper up front and Fabbri was going to be in tough for real minutes to succeed with. On Detroit he immediately jumped into the Top 6 with at least 2nd pp time and has struck gold. Everything he does right now seems to work, which is quite the actual opposite of 2019-2020 Red Wing hockey.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->