Confirmed Trade: [DET/CHI] Brendan Perlini for Alec Regula

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I love these threads they make me laugh.

Regula is a really good prospect. No he isn't he is a decent prospect big difference.

Perlini could develop into another Mantha. No he couldn't, he "might" be a 20 goalie guy if he fits with Detroit.

This is a low risk medium reward for both teams.

20 goal guy? He cant even play on the hawks . You forgot about veleno ?svechnikov?zadina?Rasmussen? Possible lottery pick

They’re all competing for top spots next year , realistically perlini will be a 3rd liner until he fizzles out and runs along in a few yrs . You can talk all you want about how regula is mediocre but the kids still 19 and everyone knows dmen take longer to develop and are unpredictable. Everyone can get excited about mcisaac,lindstrom ,kaski etc... but who knows what will happen wiht those guys

I know with all the top prospects coming and a line of mantha larkin bertuzzi that should remain intact (unless they decide to please larkin some more and put his buddy with him) perlini will be a 3rd-4th liner and imo will fizzle out rather quickly

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Wings have a lot of right handed shooters with Seider, Kaski, Lindstrom, Tuomisto coming up. Made Regula expendable.
Kaski is 24/25 , he doesnt make the club next year id suspect he goes back home and who knows what will become of tuomisto and lindstrom. Nothings a sure lock, i know we have a ton of forwards coming so this deal makes zero sense unless we actually think we can turn this around and make the playoffs which sound even dumber

Reactions: TS Quint

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That’s because Holland relied on his European scouts to build a championship. He doesn’t actually know how to proactively build a team.

Just like he can't do a player-for-player -trade.

Oh wait, Neal for Lucic.

Traded a pile of shit for a point per game player on 70-goal scoring pace.

Reactions: Adityase

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Kaski is 24/25 , he doesnt make the club next year id suspect he goes back home and who knows what will become of tuomisto and lindstrom. Nothings a sure lock, i know we have a ton of forwards coming so this deal makes zero sense unless we actually think we can turn this around and make the playoffs which sound even dumber

The deal makes perfect sense IMO.. Trading a low potential player, if even he's a lock to make the NHL which he isn't.. His ceiling is pretty low. If Perlini can pick it up a notch, he has 20 goal potential. That's a win for us. If he flames out, we wasted a 3rd rounder who wasn't signed yet anyways.. I don't see how anyone is upset with this for the most part.. Regula was a potential depth option down the road.

Reactions: gbdet

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Excuse my intoxicated post on my take on Perlini as a coyotes fan.

dude is fast af. It’s almost not even fair sometimes.

my biggest gripe about his game is he skates into the zone. Turns at the wall, turns it over, then forgets to play with on the other side of the red line, like every f***ing time he takes the puck into the zones. Seriously almost feels like his job is done when he carries the puck into the offensive zone.

he’s got a lethal, quick shot. Problem is he’s never in position to use it. He finds himself skating circles in the offensive zone and does nothing with it.

I like the kid. Good story from England, nice kid. Knew my daughter by name when he was in AZ.

he just couldn’t put it all together and I think he’s losing his passion for being a pro hockey player

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

you are talking out both sides of your mouth. Which is it? Nothing is a lock or we have a ton of forwards coming?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Last year when Perlini and strome got traded to chicago , Perlini didn't take the change of scenery and opportunity to breakout.

His 1 week terror of scoring last year was more of a aboration .

My only gripe was why did Stan holdout all summer long and resign him 2 weeks before the season started only to play him for 8 minutes total?

This trade does nothing for Chicago except add some depth we may or may not see in the years to come.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
The deal makes perfect sense IMO.. Trading a low potential player, if even he's a lock to make the NHL which he isn't.. His ceiling is pretty low. If Perlini can pick it up a notch, he has 20 goal potential. That's a win for us. If he flames out, we wasted a 3rd rounder who wasn't signed yet anyways.. I don't see how anyone is upset with this for the most part.. Regula was a potential depth option down the road.
Whys his ceiling low but perlini’s isnt? Hes on his 3rd team already and a healthy scratch with the hawks and from what ive seen from fans hes not a responsible 2 way guy .

I cant see this move working out for the wings, has everyone forgot we should be getting 3-5 new bodies next season? Wheres he going to fit in?we should be looking at subtracting players not adding a bottom 6 guy who will fizzle out . You can say regula was potential depth down the road and im not saying he would of been a top pairing guy but hes 19 , dmen take longer to develop and we have no clue yet if hes a solid #4 or 5-6.

We shouldnt have dealt him for perlini of all people, lets trade grewe now cause hes a bottom line guy for sonny milano and make larkin further happier . This is another failed move by yzerman imo

Reactions: TS Quint

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
you are talking out both sides of your mouth. Which is it? Nothing is a lock or we have a ton of forwards coming?
Nothing is a lock but im pretty sure if we land a lafraniere hes in the lineup , rasmussen is down for seasoning and he’ll be back . Veleno and zadina realistically are locks , much better locks than perlini so thats 4 guys already . Perlini will drop to bottom 6 and dissapear in a few yrs

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Whys his ceiling low but perlini’s isnt? Hes on his 3rd team already and a healthy scratch with the hawks and from what ive seen from fans hes not a responsible 2 way guy .

I cant see this move working out for the wings, has everyone forgot we should be getting 3-5 new bodies next season? Wheres he going to fit in?we should be looking at subtracting players not adding a bottom 6 guy who will fizzle out . You can say regula was potential depth down the road and im not saying he would of been a top pairing guy but hes 19 , dmen take longer to develop and we have no clue yet if hes a solid #4 or 5-6.

We shouldnt have dealt him for perlini of all people, lets trade grewe now cause hes a bottom line guy for sonny milano and make larkin further happier . This is another failed move by yzerman imo

Another failed move? What have been his other failed moves? It's 12 games into the season on a rebuilding team... Nemeth has been fine, Filp sucks but he isn't signed for much or long term and Erne was picked up for a 4th and is injured.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Wings have a lot of right handed shooters with Seider, Kaski, Lindstrom, Tuomisto coming up. Made Regula expendable.
Wings need to replace 4 of their 6 top defenseman in the next 2 years. Kaski sucks. Lindstrom and Tuomisto are far from sure things. Neither is Regula but the Wings need more defense and I was interested to see where he was going. The Knights have a history of holding young players down and having them surge as older players.

2011 Wings defenseman draft class, never forget. You can’t have enough defense prospects when you have as big of a hole as the Wings have on the back end.

What is the point of Perlini? He’s 23, that ceiling is getting lower by the month. He eventually becomes a decent 3rd liner? Who cares.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Trade makes no sense , perlini wont be long for detroit . Veleno,svechnikov,zadina,rasmussen competing for spots next year and possibly 1st rd pick. Regula is still 19 and we all know dmen take longer to develop and is a harder position to predict.

Everyone can talk about saarjarvi(who’ll never make it) and others like tuomisto and lindstrom etc... but we have no idea how those picks will turn out so giving up on a teen for a 23 yr old who was a healthy scratch all season and now on his 3rd team cause his buddy was larkin is dumb , add to that we have a bunch of kids fighting for spots next year , we should be trying to get rid of the deadweight not giving up prospects to add more fringe guys

I dont know what stevie’s thinking

If Perlini does well in Detroit, we can re-trade him for a pick. This is his opportunity to play NHL hockey one last time and prove he is worth something to this sport. Detroit gives up a prospect likely never to make the NHL for the chance. Else this kid is going to be in the AHL for years and retire or help develop other prospects.

....This is another failed move by yzerman imo
How many moves do you think Yzerman has made in Detroit to say "another" hah.
His moves are trading out nobodies for low risk reclamation projects. If they don't work out, who cares.

Nothing is a lock but im pretty sure if we land a lafraniere hes in the lineup , rasmussen is down for seasoning and he’ll be back . Veleno and zadina realistically are locks , much better locks than perlini so thats 4 guys already . Perlini will drop to bottom 6 and dissapear in a few yrs

Maybe, or maybe he gets an opportunity (likely his last one) to be an NHL player. I mean Detroit isn't winning anything this year, gift him some time even if he doesn't deserve it to see if we can "improve his value" then flip him.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I didn't know Mo was pulled off the first line, and without that knowledge and us being a 1 line team, it makes perfect sense. I also doubt that Mantha can drive his own line, with the scrubs we have in our lineup.
Yes mantha drives his own line.
manthan94

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
What can Wings fans tell me about Regula?
Anyone seen him play yet?

I realize 19 is very young for a defenseman so his game will change but anything stand out?

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Another failed move? What have been his other failed moves? It's 12 games into the season on a rebuilding team... Nemeth has been fine, Filp sucks but he isn't signed for much or long term and Erne was picked up for a 4th and is injured.
Im well aware were a rebuilding team and im not delusional enough to think wed compete . Didnt like the nemeth and filppula signings, erne deal and this one . Its nothing major but so far im not liking what hes done

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Wings need to replace 4 of their 6 top defenseman in the next 2 years. Kaski sucks. Lindstrom and Tuomisto are far from sure things. Neither is Regula but the Wings need more defense and I was interested to see where he was going. The Knights have a history of holding young players down and having them surge as older players. 2011 Wings defenseman draft class, never forget. You can’t have enough defense prospects when you have as big of a hole as the Wings have on the back end.

What is the point of Perlini? He’s 23, that ceiling is getting lower by the month. He eventually becomes a decent 3rd liner? Who cares.

Wings have tons of D in the system at this point. They took 3 that they are high on in the 19 draft. McIssac the year before. They also have Cholowski and Hronek in the bigs now. Makes a guy like Regula expendable.

Regula is a maybe NHLer. Perlini IS a NHL player.

The idea is probably to get some secondary scoring on the Wings before everybody stops watching/going to games. Perlini might be a 3rd liner, but Regula would be 3rd pair so it is kind of a wash.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
If Perlini does well in Detroit, we can re-trade him for a pick. This is his opportunity to play NHL hockey one last time and prove he is worth something to this sport. Detroit gives up a prospect likely never to make the NHL for the chance. Else this kid is going to be in the AHL for years and retire or help develop other prospects.

How many moves do you think Yzerman has made in Detroit to say "another" hah.
His moves are trading out nobodies for low risk reclamation projects. If they don't work out, who cares.

Maybe, or maybe he gets an opportunity (likely his last one) to be an NHL player. I mean Detroit isn't winning anything this year, gift him some time even if he doesn't deserve it to see if we can "improve his value" then flip him.

Regula i believe will make the nhl , perlini will be quickly gone. think we have guys like svechnikov who should get more opportunities instead of getting project players, i just dont like these types of moves personally

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Wings have tons of D in the system at this point. They took 3 that they are high on in the 19 draft. McIssac the year before. They also have Cholowski and Hronek in the bigs now. Makes a guy like Regula expendable.

Regula is a maybe NHLer. Perlini IS a NHL player.

The idea is probably to get some secondary scoring on the Wings before everybody stops watching/going to games. Perlini might be a 3rd liner, but Regula would be 3rd pair so it is kind of a wash.
Perlini wont be an nhler for much longer and wont help get people in seats so i dont think this trade will bring us anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad