Confirmed Trade: [DET/CHI] Brendan Perlini for Alec Regula

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Meh. Fine for both teams. I doubt Perlini becomes anything noteworthy, but would like to be surprised.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
cscnso8.jpg

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Perlini will do well in Detroit. He needs consistent playing time and good center...Detroit can give him both.

Both? Our only good center is Larkin.

Maybe JDLR. Actually, now that I think of it, wouldn't surprise me if Helm gets bumped up into the middle 6, with Perlini taking Helms spot on the 4th line.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why? This is a pretty nothing trade

Regula is a pretty damn solid D prospect having a very good start to his Draft +2. Not usually good to toss those away for reclamation projects with little chance of becoming an impact player.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Regula is a pretty damn solid D prospect having a very good start to his Draft +2. Not usually good to toss those away for reclamation projects with little chance of becoming an impact player.

Regula is at best a decent prospect, you are significantly overselling him. Perlini isn't great but he's at least made it to the NHL, something Regula is honestly unlikely to ever do.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Wings have a lot of right handed shooters with Seider, Kaski, Lindstrom, Tuomisto coming up. Made Regula expendable.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Perlini never even managed to recapture his rookie year #s he got in AZ with us. Dude was white hot last season for 5 games getting something like 9 goals but then disappeared the rest of the season even when playing with DeBrincat and Strome for extended times

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Love that we’ve had more trade action under last 5 months of Yzerman and last 5 years of Holland.

That’s because Holland relied on his European scouts to build a championship. He doesn’t actually know how to proactively build a team.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Perlini is a good fit for Detroit and vice versa. They can just plug him in and give him tons of ice time with very little expectations. I also like the defensive prospect that Chicago got, at least on paper.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Fine with this trade for wings. Regula might make NHL but he’ll never be more than a bottom pair D imo

Reactions: lilidk

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

D+2 in the CHL...aka a 19-20 year old overager playing juniors, so even if he’s playing well and tearing it up, it’s really not that impressive or something you can project.

This kid probably has similar value to a mid round pick.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Trash all ready said why he pulled Mo off the first line, he thinks he can drive his own line, so your thought there makes no sense at all.

I didn't know Mo was pulled off the first line, and without that knowledge and us being a 1 line team, it makes perfect sense. I also doubt that Mantha can drive his own line, with the scrubs we have in our lineup.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
D+2 in the CHL...aka a 19-20 year old overager playing juniors, so even if he’s playing well and tearing it up, it’s really not that impressive or something you can project.

This kid probably has similar value to a mid round pick.

Why do so many people run down the CHL as if it is some scrub league. Nothing wrong with being 20 and still in that league, it is a GREAT LEAGUE TO DEVELOP TALENT!

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I love these threads they make me laugh.

Regula is a really good prospect. No he isn't he is a decent prospect big difference.

Perlini could develop into another Mantha. No he couldn't, he "might" be a 20 goalie guy if he fits with Detroit.

This is a low risk medium reward for both teams.

Reactions: Jurky and mantha39

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Trade makes no sense , perlini wont be long for detroit . Veleno,svechnikov,zadina,rasmussen competing for spots next year and possibly 1st rd pick. Regula is still 19 and we all know dmen take longer to develop and is a harder position to predict.

Everyone can talk about saarjarvi(who’ll never make it) and others like tuomisto and lindstrom etc... but we have no idea how those picks will turn out so giving up on a teen for a 23 yr old who was a healthy scratch all season and now on his 3rd team cause his buddy was larkin is dumb , add to that we have a bunch of kids fighting for spots next year , we should be trying to get rid of the deadweight not giving up prospects to add more fringe guys

I dont know what stevie’s thinking

Reactions: TS Quint

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca