Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Man I’ve had horrible experiences because the team matching is so bad. I’ve gotten my ass kicked repeatedly in iron banner but I kick ass in the crucible.

found it not to bad on Ps4. I think there is more fireteams playing together in IB? I find regular/casual crucible pretty easy as well due to its a majority of solo players. its also kind of fun to have more of a challenge with IB.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I actually love the changes made to the crucible. Besides the crappy PC load times, 6 v 6 is where this game shines.

Bungie made a lot of poor decisions. It's unfortunate. I'm not expecting much from this next content, but from what I've read the comet release is going to change the game pretty heavily.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I'm skeptically hopeful for this new dlc. They say it's doing the most changes since the Sept 6th, 2017 expansion (the expansion that removed all previous content for some unknown reason).

The whole ordeal still seems pretty nuts to me. All the "changes" they're making are mostly just bringing it back to the Rise of Iron era, where pretty much everybody playing the game was happy.

So last September they released an expansion that removed all previous content, and took a step back in regards to the rest of the game. Less options for crucible. Slower. Less players at a time. Less of an end game. Less options for strikes (no heroics). No quest/strike related drops. And we could literally go on and on.

Is it normal for a game to release a (lol) "sequel", that offers all of their players less of everything? And then spend 8 months slowly giving the players back all of the things that they enjoyed?

And to think that all of this was being defended by so many of you (to be fair, it's just you guys... the bungie forums and reddit and literally everybody else were just as confused as I was. It was literally just hfboards spanning all humanity that wasn't confused by it.)

But anyways... now that we're back to what made the game fun prior to the Sept 2017 expansion (i REFUSE to call it a sequel), and I had already payed for the expansion pass... I'm actually a little bit sort of partially excited to try and get back into it on tuesday.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
I'm guessing this game isn't worth playing without the expansions?

You can get the game for under $20 on all platforms. I'd say its worth it. You can also purchase only the Warmind DLC and be able to get to max levels unlike the previous game.

Humble has the game for $12 right now if you're on PC.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Came here wondering about it, is it worth the 12 bucks for Humble Bundle this month for Destiny 2?
I kinda liked Destiny 1 on PS4, always wished it was on PC... is there a campaign worth playing at least for that amount?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Came here wondering about it, is it worth the 12 bucks for Humble Bundle this month for Destiny 2?
I kinda liked Destiny 1 on PS4, always wished it was on PC... is there a campaign worth playing at least for that amount?
The campaign is easily worth $12.

It's the opposite of Destiny 1 in that regards. D1 had a lousy incoherent campaign, but we all stayed for the end game. D2 has a much better and higher rated campaign, but pretty much nobody stuck around for the end game for any length of time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man I’ve had horrible experiences because the team matching is so bad. I’ve gotten my ass kicked repeatedly in iron banner but I kick ass in the crucible.
There is a huge difference between the two...Iron Banner is closer to Eyes of Osiris and you get some of the best Destiny players while crucible is just like normal matchmaking that you'll find in Halo.

I am going to head back into Destiny 2 once the new DLC comes out...which sounds like it's being released today (Warmind)?

Is this worth buying as a single player only?

I dont quite understand how this game works.
Yeah there is a game campaign that you can play without the need of live (but you do need to be connected to the internet). All the DLC's have their own mini-campaign's as well, but one of the big negatives is that the first expansion called Curse of Osiris had like a three hour campaign which wasn't good enough. Warmind should be longer though.

The best features of the game though really needs a live account either on PS4 or One. With live you get to play crucible (which is Destiny's matchmaking), raids, and strikes which make the game a lot more deeper than just the campaign.

Sounds like Bungie has fixed a lot of issues, but I haven't played the game for a solid 5 to 6 months so take my opinion as sodium chloride.

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
There is a huge difference between the two...Iron Banner is closer to Eyes of Osiris and you get some of the best Destiny players while crucible is just like normal matchmaking that you'll find in Halo.

I am going to head back into Destiny 2 once the new DLC comes out...which sounds like it's being released today (Warmind)?

Yeah there is a game campaign that you can play without the need of live (but you do need to be connected to the internet). All the DLC's have their own mini-campaign's as well, but one of the big negatives is that the first expansion called Curse of Osiris had like a three hour campaign which wasn't good enough. Warmind should be longer though.

The best features of the game though really needs a live account either on PS4 or One. With live you get to play crucible (which is Destiny's matchmaking), raids, and strikes which make the game a lot more deeper than just the campaign.

Sounds like Bungie has fixed a lot of issues, but I haven't played the game for a solid 5 to 6 months so take my opinion as sodium chloride.

Oh I have a live account, I should have clarified. Are the raids and strikes doable as a single player or are they team play only?

Im annoyed at Amazon right now. The PS4 version is $20 while the Xbox version is $35

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Oh I have a live account, I should have clarified. Are the raids and strikes doable as a single player or are they team play only?

Im annoyed at Amazon right now. The PS4 version is $20 while the Xbox version is $35

PC Master Race = $12 with Humble Bundle monthly :D

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Luckily for you Destiny 2 is on Humble Bundle right now (I believe). You don't know need teammates in terms of friends playing to do strikes or raids because you will be thrown with random people from matchmaking. Trust me, some of the strikes are really hard that you'll need teammates. Raids are physically impossible without teams.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Heroic strikes are challenging again and that is AWESOME.

Now they just need to add strike specific loot.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
The latest campaign is fairly short, but solid. I always wanted more Rasputin, and we get it here. I think the final cutscene at the end of the last story mission is good exposition.

Is there a group that still raids on here anymore? The OG Destiny 1 group all left for Fortnite I think, and the newer one never really got going as far as I could tell.

I've never completed Leviathan and would like too.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
I was not expecting much from this DLC. It's unfortunate that two of the big lore characters each get a shoddy content release.

I am however expecting a lot from the fall release.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
It looks like the ending of the new lair is DPS checking pretty hardcore.

That's a first for D2.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
So supposedly the 2 new strikes are the same places we went in the base games campaign, and the other strike is PS exclusive? I haven't bought the 2 DLCs, and probably won't ever return to the series. Bungie just doesn't learn.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
So supposedly the 2 new strikes are the same places we went in the base games campaign, and the other strike is PS exclusive? I haven't bought the 2 DLCs, and probably won't ever return to the series. Bungie just doesn't learn.

You're missing out. The game is awesome with the new DLC.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA

They used two of the Warmind story missions, not the base game missions, and turned them in to strikes.

It's not a good look, but this expansion was created by the much smaller Vicarious Visions not Bungie. They are busy working on the comet expansion.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
This is pretty cool. The reddit hive mind found some secrets in the game and put them all together which were real life coordinates for a geocache.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I played D2 for the first time in 3 months. This DLC and the other changes are a step in the right direction.

The Good
- Masterworks make PVE fun
- Stuff to grind for and find. Nightfall loot, escalation protocol loot, mars patrol stuff.
- Exotic weapon changes make them useful, and exotic masterworks are good and there is a grind to get them done.
- Feels like its easier to get eververse items
- Its good that there is an activity that can't be done (unless your coordinate to get around normal matchmaking) at day 1 power, ie escalation protocol.
- New PVP maps are good, i'm including Osiris in this since i never played PVP last expansion.

The Still Needs Work
- Used the LFG function in the Bungie App to run nightfalls, it worked great but there is no reason it shouldn't be in game.
- Armor masterworks should be more useful
- Mod system hasn't been fixed yet
- Power ammo changes in PVP help a bit, but it still feels like the team that gets power wins, along with still a lot of teams standing on top of each other. Sadly i don't think this is fixed until we return to the D1 weapon system.
- Grind to power cap is good, but there is no middle ground, Herioc strikes really should drop items at its power level.
- There should be ornaments for planetary armor too

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad