Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I played D2 for the first time in 3 months. This DLC and the other changes are a step in the right direction.

The Good
- Masterworks make PVE fun
- Stuff to grind for and find. Nightfall loot, escalation protocol loot, mars patrol stuff.
- Exotic weapon changes make them useful, and exotic masterworks are good and there is a grind to get them done.
- Feels like its easier to get eververse items
- Its good that there is an activity that can't be done (unless your coordinate to get around normal matchmaking) at day 1 power, ie escalation protocol.
- New PVP maps are good, i'm including Osiris in this since i never played PVP last expansion.

The Still Needs Work
- Used the LFG function in the Bungie App to run nightfalls, it worked great but there is no reason it shouldn't be in game.
- Armor masterworks should be more useful
- Mod system hasn't been fixed yet
- Power ammo changes in PVP help a bit, but it still feels like the team that gets power wins, along with still a lot of teams standing on top of each other. Sadly i don't think this is fixed until we return to the D1 weapon system.
- Grind to power cap is good, but there is no middle ground, Herioc strikes really should drop items at its power level.
- There should be ornaments for planetary armor too

Escalation Protocol is great, but they need to find a way to get 9 players together through matchmaking. Right now you have to get three different people searching for each other in an instance and then inviting the other 6. A solo player(myself) will not find EP very fun or easy to get a group to finish. Even if you get 9 people, and finish it, the guns after round 7 are a 5% drop rate.

I personally think grinding for weapons is fun and I did a shit ton of it in D1. The difficulty is great as well. The problem is the event does not include an easy way of getting the proper number people.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Escalation Protocol is great, but they need to find a way to get 9 players together through matchmaking. Right now you have to get three different people searching for each other in an instance and then inviting the other 6. A solo player(myself) will not find EP very fun or easy to get a group to finish. Even if you get 9 people, and finish it, the guns after round 7 are a 5% drop rate.

I personally think grinding for weapons is fun and I did a **** ton of it in D1. The difficulty is great as well. The problem is the event does not include an easy way of getting the proper number people.

I think (hope) it will be doable with a group of 3 plus some randoms once everyone is close to max light.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
The latest campaign is fairly short, but solid. I always wanted more Rasputin, and we get it here. I think the final cutscene at the end of the last story mission is good exposition.

Is there a group that still raids on here anymore? The OG Destiny 1 group all left for Fortnite I think, and the newer one never really got going as far as I could tell.

I've never completed Leviathan and would like too.

Seems like there about 4 of us in the Clan that are playing the new DLC. If we can get all of us on (or most of us) we can LFG for the rest. First raid is pretty easy now. We never ran the Osiris raid.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Anyone else having fun with this game again?

I really enjoy the grind even if it is a little wonky in terms of progression. They have a lot to iron out but logging and knowing that I have things to do feels pretty good.

Reactions: Ar-too

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I've been playing a bunch on PC, mostly crucible quickplay. I do enjoy the new Mars patrol, grinding for exotic masterworks, the Ana Bray weapons, etc. I am looking forward to the new crucible labs at the end of the month.

The drop rates on the masterworks are pretty infuriating. I've only gotten the Tractor Cannon. Really want the Crimson MW. Haven't done the 2 new raid lairs either. Most groups won't take someone without experience. Just like real world entry level jobs.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Anyone else having fun with this game again?

I really enjoy the grind even if it is a little wonky in terms of progression. They have a lot to iron out but logging and knowing that I have things to do feels pretty good.

I'm enjoying it, but i'll always play Destiny when there is atleast PVE stuff to do. Was invited to try EP with some randoms last week, it was fun but we weren't high enough level to get it done. I'm interested to see how 6v6 Iron Banner is.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
I've been playing a bunch on PC, mostly crucible quickplay. I do enjoy the new Mars patrol, grinding for exotic masterworks, the Ana Bray weapons, etc. I am looking forward to the new crucible labs at the end of the month.

The drop rates on the masterworks are pretty infuriating. I've only gotten the Tractor Cannon. Really want the Crimson MW. Haven't done the 2 new raid lairs either. Most groups won't take someone without experience. Just like real world entry level jobs.

The100.io

I don't have any gaming friends that play this on PC and over the last week I've met some pretty cool people from there. The PC crowd seems to be more relaxed than console. Just try and find matches that are labeled 'Beginners welcome' or start your own requesting a sherpa.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Logged on this weekend for the first time in months, since I had already paid for the DLC (never buying the "big edition" of a game again... at least from Bungie). The story was actually fun and the Valkyrie is fun to mess around with, as is that Evacuation Protocol thing but... it's still a long way from being good. How much was it to purchase that DLC separately? Anything more than $10 and it's a flat out waste. Likely not going to bother trying for max power level this time.

Every so often I think back on Destiny, how much fun I used to have killing Phogoth with my friends or when we used to go kill Crota. So much potential...

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Just picked this up from Humble Monthly, mostly for the campaign.

Game runs amazingly well on PC. Enjoying it so far.
Yeah, Destiny's dlc that they call "Destiny 2" has by far the best campaign. Well worth it if you got it at a deal. It won't have longevity (like Destiny prior to the D2 dlc that was released as a standalone), but still a good 10 hours or so of content.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
I've been having lots of fun with the new DLC. The story is short, but all of the post story stuff is great. Got my Sleeper the other night and I can't wait to use it.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, Destiny's dlc that they call "Destiny 2" has by far the best campaign. Well worth it if you got it at a deal. It won't have longevity (like Destiny prior to the D2 dlc that was released as a standalone), but still a good 10 hours or so of content.

Well, it might be DLC to you, but Destiny 2 is the base game on PC. ;)

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I've been having lots of fun with the new DLC. The story is short, but all of the post story stuff is great. Got my Sleeper the other night and I can't wait to use it.

On the sleeper I am only missing getting past level 3 of escalation protocol. I haven't been searching out groups to do it with and most randoms i have run into doing it have been pretty low light. I think this week we will start seeing more randoms atleast getting a few levels in since most will be around 370.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
I was pretty salty about it yesterday, but I'm kind of happy to see weapon drops being hard again. The game needs more of this honestly. You can still have it and be a casual friendly game.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I’m having fun with this game again. The Iron Banner matchmaking sucks ass but PvP is soooo fun especially with the wardiff coil rocket launcher.

Wardiff Coil is my favourite rocket launcher in the game. I also love in EP when you get the swords again :laugh: so funny seeing 3-4 guys slamming down thrawls everywhere. Still haven't gotten past level 3 with that though, probably will never beat it. I never go in with a fireteam.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
On the sleeper I am only missing getting past level 3 of escalation protocol. I haven't been searching out groups to do it with and most randoms i have run into doing it have been pretty low light. I think this week we will start seeing more randoms atleast getting a few levels in since most will be around 370.

You don't need to clear level 3, you just need to clear 3 separate levels. You can do the first boss (the ogre) 3 times and it will count. 350 light should suffice.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Did they boost some of the exotic powers on the latest update? I have the tractor canon and used it for a bit in PVP but I never found it powerful enough to utilize. I played last night and in one match I was slayed six times by it, all one shot kills lol.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Did they boost some of the exotic powers on the latest update? I have the tractor canon and used it for a bit in PVP but I never found it powerful enough to utilize. I played last night and in one match I was slayed six times by it, all one shot kills lol.

Yes. Tractor Cannon now suppresses in addition to it's knock-back. It's really fun to use in crucible. A bunch of other exotic weapons got buffed too. Running Graviton Lance or Vigilance Wing is currently the meta in PVP.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
Tractor Cannon also applies a void debuff. It's actually an exotic weapon now!

I farmed EP some more today and got the SMG and shotgun.

Also don't farm for nightfall specific loot right now. It's Bungied.

Smoke

Aug 2, 2005
PA
34162074_397242334091165_7567361711284420608_n.jpg

rumors, but probably true this close to reveal.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Too lazy to do the Raid each week. Getting all of the other powerful gear drops plus Trials over the last few weeks, and still stuck at 368ish. I want to get 370 before jumping into EP, it seems like it just wouldn't be fun underleveled.

Shotgun looks yummy. Sniper sounds ridic, but I suck with snipers in Destiny 2.

I do want all the Titan gear though, love the look of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad