Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
34162074_397242334091165_7567361711284420608_n.jpg

rumors, but probably true this close to reveal.
Surprisingly, it’s a fake.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Too lazy to do the Raid each week. Getting all of the other powerful gear drops plus Trials over the last few weeks, and still stuck at 368ish. I want to get 370 before jumping into EP, it seems like it just wouldn't be fun underleveled.

Shotgun looks yummy. Sniper sounds ridic, but I suck with snipers in Destiny 2.

I do want all the Titan gear though, love the look of it.

I just hit 370 this weekend and ran EP with randoms 6 times (just by loading into into Mars and waiting for messages from groups wanting to run it). Ran it with one group of 6 of us and i think 2 below 370 we ran through it pretty easily. Once you get wave 4 i noticed the jump in power level but with tethers, tractor cannons and warlocks every boss melts with enough people. The only group we failed with was with 9 when we wanted to cheese the last boss. Never got a gun this week, i think in the 6 clears i may have seen 4 guns drop across everyone.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I just hit 370 this weekend and ran EP with randoms 6 times (just by loading into into Mars and waiting for messages from groups wanting to run it). Ran it with one group of 6 of us and i think 2 below 370 we ran through it pretty easily. Once you get wave 4 i noticed the jump in power level but with tethers, tractor cannons and warlocks every boss melts with enough people. The only group we failed with was with 9 when we wanted to cheese the last boss. Never got a gun this week, i think in the 6 clears i may have seen 4 guns drop across everyone.

Yeah, I LFGed a group last night and we must have killed the wave 9 boss 20 times be cheesing him (killing him a zero seconds remaining). A few of us got the shotgun (including me! Yay!), but that was it.

You're right though. Between tractor cannons, tethers, melting point, void weapons and warlock void specials, the final 3 wave bossss just melt.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
As someone who is enjoying the campaign but doesn't have really any interest in raids, is Curse of Osiris worth it for the story missions?

I'm guessing the answer may be "only at a discount" like it was for the main game. :laugh:

I still can't get over how well the game runs on PC (really shows you what taking the time for a little optimization can do), and how much more I enjoy the shooting with a mouse/keyboard than on my controller in Destiny 1 (last one is personal preference, obviously).

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
As someone who is enjoying the campaign but doesn't have really any interest in raids, is Curse of Osiris worth it for the story missions?

I'm guessing the answer may be "only at a discount" like it was for the main game. :laugh:

I still can't get over how well the game runs on PC (really shows you what taking the time for a little optimization can do), and how much more I enjoy the shooting with a mouse/keyboard than on my controller in Destiny 1 (last one is personal preference, obviously).

I just leveled up my 2nd toon on PC and skipped Osiris. It was pretty meh. Story was mediocre at best. The exotics are good (Crimson, Telesto, Prometheus Lens, Ophidian Aspect). The forge weapons are pretty cool, but are a super grind. Two of the missions were repurposed into Strikes, so without that DLC you won't be able to do the Nightfall that week. The Crucible maps are crap, but I think they are available to everyone now. At a discounted price, it would be worth it just to have it all.

And yeah, the game is really nice on PC. I played D2 on PS4 and the crucible was overrun at one point with Mida / Uriel's Gift / 3-round burst sidearms. On PC, you get a lot more variety (or at least until they buffed VWing and Grav Lance). Only downfall is the population is a fraction of what it is on console.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah I'm pretty much just playing campaign, so that answers my question rather well.

Maybe if the expansions go on deep discount at some point, I'll pick them up.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
It’s really fun again. How are you not? Lol
yup.

people are also still playing fortnite, battfield 1, COD etc..............surprised? ;)

To be fair I am surprised that people are still playing COD. That franchise is on life 8/9. Fornite I figured would be starting to peak but nope that ones going full send to the moon.

Destiny 2 just got old to me. I'm fair from a hardcore Destiny fan. Admitting I really don't understand how the game works in terms of it's appeal. I get the thirst for the coolest looking stuff and all. I guess I really just didn't understand how to go about getting in other than grinding the strikes and the daily missions and such

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
To be fair I am surprised that people are still playing COD. That franchise is on life 8/9. Fornite I figured would be starting to peak but nope that ones going full send to the moon.

Destiny 2 just got old to me. I'm fair from a hardcore Destiny fan. Admitting I really don't understand how the game works in terms of it's appeal. I get the thirst for the coolest looking stuff and all. I guess I really just didn't understand how to go about getting in other than grinding the strikes and the daily missions and such

The loot grind and social aspects appeal to a lot of people.

Personally, I just got burned out by playing WoW for years. :laugh:

Also, Destiny 2 was just on Humble Bundle for cheap, so there are quite a few new players on PC (myself included).

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

For me personally the appeal is the variety of gameplay offered within the world of Destiny. You can obviously play the story, you can explore multiple worlds, take part in public events on these worlds, complete missions/quests in these worlds or just team up with a few buddies and reek havoc. As for true multiplayer format you have the Crucible which has your standard capture the flag/death match/bomb defuse etc, Strikes, Clash, Trials of the nine, Iron Banner etc etc.

And yes collecting exotics and other cool pieces of armour is fun as well with the shaders etc. the nice thing about the game is the variety imo. I havnt got around to buying any expansions yet but I am sure that will add a lot of new stuff as well to the game. I have honestly never had to grind to get anything amazing. I just play whatever and good stuff drops eventually.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Damn, they're going to let you switch between and combine Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 weapon systems. So you could hold 2 shotguns if you want.

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
Damn, they're going to let you switch between and combine Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 weapon systems. So you could hold 2 shotguns if you want.

Didn't they say you could hold three shotguns if you want? Anyway, the expansion reveal showed some interesting stuff. I need to see more though.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Looks like I'll be getting back in the game shortly then, lol, hopefully they have Osiris and Warmind in a 20 dollar bundle soon. I played it for the first two months but the things they changed really irked me, I checked out after the first Faction event

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Next one looks like it checks enough boxes for me to actually play. Only thing really missing from what I wanted was new sub-classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->