Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I have to say I am enjoying D2 thus far. Have only played through the intro though lol. for the 12$ I paid I am extremely satisfied thus far. I have not played D1 in a year or more so this is kind of refreshing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I picked up D1 after playing through D2 and I don’t get how People see it’s a better game.
Likewise, a lot of the criticisms I keep reading are ones that the first game suffered from; i.e. a lack of content. Like I mentioned in the past, Destiny is always going to be a video game which is gonna suck for an entire year until the main DLC's come out such as all the ones leading up to The Taken King. For me, I eventually picked it up a year later when TTK was released and the game price reduced to 60 bucks with all the DLC. Yes some of the microtransactions destroyed aspects like the armour shadier and things like that, but all of that is still just cosmetic. The DLC debate is more about do you want to pay extra money for the game now? Or do you want to wait an entire year for more DLCs to come out and game price gets reduced?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It was supposed to iterate on the first one, instead it was about the same size and scope of game...in fact, it will probably be smaller in the end as D1 had 4 full raids plus a couple of arena type activities and I doubt we'll have the equivalent amount of content for D2 when all is said and done.

Future of the franchise is murky. As I said before, it looks like this is the best Bungie et al can do in the time they've given themselves to release each title in the series, and it's obviously not nearly enough all round to fulfill the vision folks had for it.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I have to say I am enjoying D2 thus far. Have only played through the intro though lol. for the 12$ I paid I am extremely satisfied thus far. I have not played D1 in a year or more so this is kind of refreshing.

For $12 yeah it's still worth playing. core gameplay is still really fun.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It was supposed to iterate on the first one, instead it was about the same size and scope of game...in fact, it will probably be smaller in the end as D1 had 4 full raids plus a couple of arena type activities and I doubt we'll have the equivalent amount of content for D2 when all is said and done.

Future of the franchise is murky. As I said before, it looks like this is the best Bungie et al can do in the time they've given themselves to release each title in the series, and it's obviously not nearly enough all round to fulfill the vision folks had for it.
Not trying to be a Bungie fanboy here, but I suggest a lot of the problems you're facing is due to rules Activition is presenting to Bungie than Bungie itself. Don't get me wrong that Bungie gets blamed because this could a "sold your soul to the devil" contract, but I've played every Halo game since CE and a lot of the complaints they're making have been uncharacteristically un-Bungie like. Makes me theorise that Activision is controlling a lot of aspect behind the scenes. Not forcing Bungie to make a game their own way per se, but telling Bungie to add certain features such as expanding upon Eververse in a negative way, date release, etc. I always thought that revealing Destiny 2 this early when The Rise of Iron expansion pack was released was truly puzzling.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
What Bungie did during Halo days has nothing to do with their Destiny days. Plenty of leads left Bungie after let go of them, and they promoted a guy that worked at 1up for years to lead designer on Destiny 2 for some reason. There's literally facts out there showing all the internal shit Bungie went through with Destiny 1 and 2; Activision might take a small bit of blame, but Bungie had no idea and direction on what they were doing; they literally scrapped and rebooted the story a year from release. Bungie is a shell of their former self. I'd be surprised if Destiny 3 ever came, or if it did it will probably be a reboot of the franchise.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What Bungie did during Halo days has nothing to do with their Destiny days. Plenty of leads left Bungie after let go of them, and they promoted a guy that worked at 1up for years to lead designer on Destiny 2 for some reason. There's literally facts out there showing all the internal **** Bungie went through with Destiny 1 and 2; Activision might take a small bit of blame, but Bungie had no idea and direction on what they were doing; they literally scrapped and rebooted the story a year from release. Bungie is a shell of their former self. I'd be surprised if Destiny 3 ever came, or if it did it will probably be a reboot of the franchise.
I don't agree. No doubt that a plenty of leads left Bungie and you are absolutely right Destiny was an imperfect game considering they shelved the story and redid it from scratch like nine months before shipping. You're right for all of that, but how many of those leads left after the Activision deal? Almost majority of them, only reputable person on the top of my head which left before the Activision take over was Frank O'Connor who went to be the lead for 343.

The Marty O'Donnell situation is a perfect example of Activision's complete **** where he made "Music of the Spheres" entire album to be Destiny's main soundtrack for the game. If you know Halo, then you know that Marty is insanely talented. Well, during the reveal trailer for the first Destiny, Activision took the trailer and actually erased his music to add in their own. He got so ****ing pissed off at that, that he eventually left/fired since Jason Jones probably told him there was nothing to do and sued Bungie for fees he was owned (and rightfully won). Bungie isn't without error and even though Destiny games aren't perfect, they are still a solid game with wonderful gameplay. Activision doesn't take a "small bit of blame", if they were so crazy to change Marty O'Donnell's music in a reveal trailer they have MUCH more power behind the scenes that you don't want to admit to.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Not trying to be a Bungie fanboy here, but I suggest a lot of the problems you're facing is due to rules Activition is presenting to Bungie than Bungie itself. Don't get me wrong that Bungie gets blamed because this could a "sold your soul to the devil" contract, but I've played every Halo game since CE and a lot of the complaints they're making have been uncharacteristically un-Bungie like. Makes me theorise that Activision is controlling a lot of aspect behind the scenes. Not forcing Bungie to make a game their own way per se, but telling Bungie to add certain features such as expanding upon Eververse in a negative way, date release, etc. I always thought that revealing Destiny 2 this early when The Rise of Iron expansion pack was released was truly puzzling.

meh, they signed the deal. I don't have a lot of sympathy there. They had to know full well who and what they were getting into bed with.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Man there’s a ton more players on the last few weeks than I’ve seen in a long time.

I wonder if price drops helped. I ended up picking it up for 12$ off Amazon.com on a one day sale ( I see its down to 17$ right now) but I also noticed it dropped in Canada to 39.99. The only thing that held me back from buying it at launch was the price point for a game that seemed more of an expansion from the original.

Last edited:

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
That, plus the addition of the Nightfall scoring from the February update and combined with the big game play update that comes out today.

Lots of people have been dipping their toes back in.

I'm hoping today's update can bring back some of the magic. Certainly sounds like it could.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'll give this new update a whirl on PC, but not very optimistic. It will be nice to move faster, but I still think they need to change the TTK on all guns and bring random weapon rolls back.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I wonder if price drops helped. I ended up picking it up for 12$ off Amazon.com on a one day sale ( I see its down to 17$ right now) but I also noticed it dropped in Canada to 39.99. The only thing that held me back from buying it at launch was the price point for a game that seemed more of an expansion from the original.

It’s a fun game but the hard core players went through it so fast with three different characters too. I’m taking my time on it. I just did my first crucible a couple of weeks ago (bought it at launch) and still haven’t done a nightfall.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I've heard that the movement speed buffs are very nice, but just make it easier to get away or out of gun fights. Also, that rumble spawns are super borked with 8 people on a map. What were they thinking?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I've heard that the movement speed buffs are very nice, but just make it easier to get away or out of gun fights. Also, that rumble spawns are super borked with 8 people on a map. What were they thinking?

I mean, being able to move fast enough to defend yourself is a good thing, generally. It's only a problem because the time to kill is still so low.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
The D.F.A. hand cannon is worth the grind farming the nightfall. I got it on my ~20th run or so, most people are having luck running it on normal mode instead of prestige, and score doesn't really seem to factor into the equation much if at all. Nightfall resets Tuesday so you'll have until then to get it. Seems like only 2-3 different strikes are worth farming for weapons, because the other nightfalls drop things like sparrows and shells so who cares.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
28vh8i.jpg

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Man I’ve had horrible experiences because the team matching is so bad. I’ve gotten my ass kicked repeatedly in iron banner but I kick ass in the crucible.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
The PC load times are so bad.. almost 4 minutes per game in the loading screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->