TV: Designated Survivor

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Didn't see that ending coming at all.

Me neither. It really improves the show probably because that whole arc was getting predictable and now I have no idea what is going to be the next arc of the conspiracy.

The show was getting or always was absurd and I might have given up on it. Now I am actually anticipating finding out what the hell is going on.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah the two episodes since it came back have really re-grabbed my attention for the show with a couple twists I didn't exactly see coming and they should be able to take the show in an interesting direction with what happened this week. Hopefully it isn't like the first half where they squander a good start again.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Was stuck at the airport so watched the 2 episodes since the show returned.... Now it's got my attention. :nod:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
just started this show yesterday. Episode 8.

Just waiting for him to turn into Jack bauer

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Me neither. It really improves the show probably because that whole arc was getting predictable and now I have no idea what is going to be the next arc of the conspiracy.

The show was getting or always was absurd and I might have given up on it. Now I am actually anticipating finding out what the hell is going on.

That was my fear during the mid season break as it felt like the show was getting too predictable and having too many plot twists. At this point I'm not sure what to expect so this should be interesting.

I wonder what will happen to Aaron now, how does he fit into everything?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Curious what they will do for a season 2. Do they just make this into a West Wing type of show after the whole terrorism thing blows over?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm just getting caught up on this series, only on episode 6 so far, but holy hell...it is a good/fun and addicting show, but how many times are people in government going to ask Kirkman (Sutherland) "why should I consider you my President?"

Now, I know it's a television show, and if everyone just accepted this then there wouldn't be a show, but sometimes it'd be nice if someone just responded "Uhh...because it's in the ****ing Constitution (as well as the Presidential Succession Act of 1947). So, there's that..."

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Since the break it seems like this show has gone off the rails. The last two episodes especially have been particularly putrid.

Yeah I haven't been able to pay any attention at all to the last 2 episodes, and turned the last one off after about 30 minutes with no intention of finishing it. That wine glass fingerprint scene was just too much for me.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Hacking cars is not out of the realm of possibility.

I don't have any problem with that.

I don't really even have a problem with the fingerprint part either, tbh. Maybe could have done it differently, but in the grand schemes of things, it's not like it has a huge impact on the actual story or themes of the show.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They wrote this show in a prelude to a Trump presidency IMO. They want a real crisis to where we have a designated survivor. But then you have the white house leaking and all of that. Its really not much different then where we are really headed.

I don't know how well this show will do next season or beyond. I like it although I don't necessarily agree with the narrative totally. They rolled it out in an election year. Aren't people getting actually sick of politics? I mean it'd be nice if the national news would talk about other stuff. They've never been this political.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He's the armed forces general, of course he wants to start a war against someone since someone just killed hundreds of people including the president.

Again, I'd be completely floored if he had any part of what happened.

But that's actually real life. They are pushing for a war now. War is profitable.I'm still not convinced that the stuff that's gone down on this show wasn't an inside job. I mean people really want to believe in their government and blindly defend it. If people say 9-11 could be an inside job they get ridicules as conspiracy theorists but doesn't anybody find it weird that Bush just so happened to disappear from DC then? Shouldn't he have been there? Not that this is the point and I'm not looking for a debate on the matter at all. I'm just saying why should we trust our government or even media? We are never really privy to what goes on behind closed doors and if you do somewhat pay attention you should know only the presidents change but we are constantly at war even if its not a world war. I mean you could look at just the last 30 years. The presidents and wars may have changed but we have always been at war somewhere. I mean people are still asking why the hell we are in Afghanistan and all. Its been like 15 years with nothing to show for it.

War is an easy excuse to have when you have a big debt as well.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Yeah certain people bring to life real life politicians. Hope this doesn't violate any rules on talking politics, just observations, not trying to turn this political.

The Governor of Michigan could definitely draw some comparisons to current Republican Governors, even real life Michigan Governor Rick Snyder.

Kimble Hookstraten seems like a Hillary Clinton type, who knows what to say in front of the media but also has a significant thirst for power.

I also have a hard time remembering this isn't 24, and Kiefer's character is quite different from Jack. I guess Kiefer kind of has been typecast as Jack Bauer

Well the show is "based on politics" so I don't understand why we shouldn't be able to talk about it.

All career politicians want power and that's what most people are at the national level, career politicians. I still say this show isn't as fake as most are intended to be but most people don't think outside of the box about it either. You can connect a lot of dots to what's going on in the present cot the past year plus. They want to get rid of Kirkman for sure. They have no real respect for him mostly or his team that are in charge. Kirkman was going to be fired the day of the attack so of course those zombies are angry that a guy who wasn't even really wanted around by the president just became leader of the free world(though most don't understand the president isn't as powerful as they think)congress and the senate especially have more power than the president if you think about it. The president can only write executive orders. They can't get congress elected or defeated, they can't make them pass legislation. The only thing judicial they can do is pick nominees and challenge things but they can't control the voting process.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Fantastic season, i was hooked from the first ep. to the last... never a dull moment either.

Mid-season I wondered what they would do for a second season and now I see it will be about tracking down Lloyd and finding out what else he has planned.

Thought Kirkman would make Shore VP tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad