TV: Designated Survivor

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I remember when cliffhangers were only at the end of seasons, not in the middle of one :P Or when midseason 'breaks' weren't three months...

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am willing to bet it is the wife.

No way they kill off Kiefer Sutherland right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They gonna kill off ANOTHER Kiefer TV-wife? That'd be a real troll.

I don't think anyone dies. If they are gonna kill anyone off it'd probably be someone with evidence against the conspiracy to make it even harder to crack :P

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I don't think anyone dies. If they are gonna kill anyone off it'd probably be someone with evidence against the conspiracy to make it even harder to crack :P

When they're shot a folder labeled "CLASSIFIED CONSPIRACY DOCUMENTS" will fall out of their jacket and Aaron will pick it up.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I am willing to bet it is the wife.

No way they kill off Kiefer Sutherland right now.

The wife was my first though, but thinking about it some more I'll put my money on the newly minted VP MacLeish. He had his humanizing moment a few scenes before where he was questioning if it was all worth it, and killing him now cleans up the story better to drag out another 12 episodes for the season.

They evidence they had against MacLeish is gone, and it would create a lot of messy questions with the press/public about why he can't be VP. And he's probably way to deep in the conspiracy to be left in Kirkman's hands. So killing him now means the bad guys aren't a bullet away from winning and the good guys are back in the dark.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Finally watched the finale, and since like the 3rd episode I ask myself why I still watch this after every time I watch it. :help:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Far from good but a bit addictive, they have structured it well. But the show is written with identity politics in mind*, something that buggs me. But still I keep watching.

*What you may ask. Well, except for the main character, what is the race and gender of the persons who do the evil things, backstabs, are incompetent and gets replaced. And who is the ones replacing them, who are driven, do good things?
If the show was better written they could of course have a diverse cast but toned it down a little and dont make every screw up or bad person a white guy.
It´s like watching the Girl with the dragon tattoo mixed with The Newsroom.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wonder what happens with Wells and how she proves theres a bog conspiracy. Kirkman must think somethings up between what happened with Atwater and now her.

Very similar to The Company in Prison Break.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I didn't read the thread b/c I wanted to avoid spoilers - is this show worth watching? I like Homeland to give you an idea of what I like, will I like this?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
This is a lot like the West Wing. In terms of wishing the whole cabinet, President, VP and the whole Senate and Congress and Supreme Justices dead.

Yes. This is like a fairy tail for those that like tangible reality. Just like the West Wing.

We all really wish a Canadian was actually President and he cared about stuff that matters. But he was also Jack Bauer so he can kick ass.

It is sad that I watch this amd the whole US government dead seems like a positive.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I didn't read the thread b/c I wanted to avoid spoilers - is this show worth watching? I like Homeland to give you an idea of what I like, will I like this?

I kept watching, not sure why, because I haven't really enjoyed it. Too much like a soap opera for me to get into, and not enough substance to the plot.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I kept watching, not sure why, because I haven't really enjoyed it. Too much like a soap opera for me to get into, and not enough substance to the plot.

I am in the same boat as you. No idea why I continued to watch this.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I am in the same boat as you. No idea why I continued to watch this.

I think it's the hope of the show getting better that keeps us around. I was hoping myself that the show would be a West Wing lite, ie showing the logistics and the operation of government following a horrific event. Instead it's basically become Scandal 2.0 without a love triangle. They replaced the show runner because apparently the show is going to focus on character development instead of twists.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think it's the hope of the show getting better that keeps us around. I was hoping myself that the show would be a West Wing lite, ie showing the logistics and the operation of government following a horrific event. Instead it's basically become Scandal 2.0 without a love triangle. They replaced the show runner because apparently the show is going to focus on character development instead of twists.

I hate the whole boring for 50 minutes, go to commercial, ramp up the music, and try and end with a cliffhanger format. Every single damn episode.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

I am with you.

I enjoyed the first episode because of how the transition of power was handled.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Who was it? Curious, but not enough to watch anytime soon.

edit: Nvm, I guess my idiot ass self can just Google it.... pretty sure it will be about as irrelevant of a character possible.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I thought it was a good episode to kick off the second half of the season, they changed showrunners I believe so I will be interested to see what kind of impact that happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad