TV: Designated Survivor

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The premier of Designated Survivor also broke the ratings record for live + delayed viewing. WOW. That is ****ing huge.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...-hit-a-new-ratings-record-heres-what-happened

Also confirmed it was picked up for the full season, 22 eps. (wow)

Keifer drawing huge numbers.

I keep expecting him to grab a handgun and go hunt down the terrorists himself. In fact i bet the climax is an assault on the White House and he goes all Jack Bauer to stop it.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
These two week breaks are really killer to go through. Anyway I thought it was a good episode. It showed Kirkman's strong morality and gave more insight to the surviving Congressman. I'm interested to see where Kimble's storyline will take her.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Latest episode was not good. This is turning into a pretty big disappointment for me.

Same for me. It's turning into a bunch of poorly conceived plots mixed together.

I keep giving it a chance because I feel like it could be a show that finds it's footing after a while. I think I'll watch to the midseason break, and if it isn't improving, will probably drop.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Still loving it. Just have to realize it's 22 eps so not all of them are going to have huge twists and action. Still very much entertaining :)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Still really, really like the show as a whole....... But yeah, that last episode sucked.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm still a big fan of the shoe. The last episode would have been better suited either focusing on the surviving Congressman and the investigation behind the bombing or focusing on Kirkman developing a relationship with the other Governors. They tried doing both but it felt rushed and lacked depth.

I do like though how they are tying in real life events of the fearful reactions against minority groups that would come as a result since it is a realistic portrayal. The White house shooting does seem a little bit far fetched for me because to have that many shots come from one guy from such a far distance without the guy quickly being shot just doesn't add up it felt like a quick plot to give the Governors another reason to be scared.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
We think this Congressman has something to do with the bombing, let me be really confrontational when he drops by unannounced dropping off his history.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
We think this Congressman has something to do with the bombing, let me be really confrontational when he drops by unannounced dropping off his history.

For a FBI director he wasn't being discrete that's for sure.

I'm a big fan of the show but last episode was underwhelming. The whole double agent storyline felt like a cheap way of showing Russian US relations. I would have been more content with them cutting that storyline out and focus more in on the bombing storyline. I do hope this doesn't turn into Scandal where there's a secret rogue group who is deep high up in government hierarchy that just murders there way to the top but it seems like it's going that way.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Yea..that pissed me off. So dumb.

I was literally shaking my head that whole scene. I didn't think anything could top the brutal scene when he was with the president and the congressman was in the room.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Very close to dropping this show from my weekly watching.

8th episode aired last night of 22...not sure I can make it through.

The first couple of episodes were good because of the explosion and the initial investigation into it. But now, I don't know.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm not a fan at all with what they have done to Jason. First I'm sure there were other ways he could have communicated his struggles to Hannah and second certainly there was a way for him to at least communicate a different message to the President than the one he was given to say. The fact he just gave up and sent himself to jail just doesn't fit with what his character has been set up to be which is strong minded and tough.

Also boy does this show exploit kids. They are been used for some major storylines now

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Very close to dropping this show from my weekly watching.

8th episode aired last night of 22...not sure I can make it through.

The first couple of episodes were good because of the explosion and the initial investigation into it. But now, I don't know.

Was having this same thought last night. I don't think I'll give up on it completely but I may wait to the end of season 1, check the reviews, then marathon it if it seems worth it.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I think I had too high of expectations for this show. I thought it would be much better.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
This week episode was really good again. There still is some really corny scenes though, mainly with the FBI chick. That last scene was cringe worthy. I really think they dropped the ball casting her, she has been horrible.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm not a fan at all with what they have done to Jason. First I'm sure there were other ways he could have communicated his struggles to Hannah and second certainly there was a way for him to at least communicate a different message to the President than the one he was given to say. The fact he just gave up and sent himself to jail just doesn't fit with what his character has been set up to be which is strong minded and tough.

Also boy does this show exploit kids. They are been used for some major storylines now

Yea but when you take away a mans sons its a different ballgame. This people obviously have a lot of control especially given they told Hannah not to say anything to Mr Short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad