NFL: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans and has asked for a trade

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Sources: Texans ignored search firm in GM hire

Maybe they are the new Browns...Pay money for a firm to analyze who the best GM candidate is only to ignore it and become the umpteenth team to try and skin, and then wear the Patriots face.
They wanted casserio all along. so this is not shocking that they didn’t care too much about the recommends from the search firm. Cost of following protocol

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dude has won / done nothing , throw for a million yards ,ok sure isn't that what you do from behind?
Seems to me he is the last bit of cancer that must be removed before a new start.
I’m always hesitant to say anyone had a great season based solely on stats when it doesn’t translate into wins.

not entirely on him. Do they have a run game, does the D give up a lot of points early? Is he throwing the ball well early in the game? Are they turning the ball over?

If you put up a lot of 300 plus pass yard games when are most of those yards accumulated? Final 20 minutes of the game when you are down 3 scores and the D is playing soft?
Blake Bortles had a great QBR or something in Q4 cause he was behind all the time.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Great QB. Not elite. He shouldn't have signed that monster deal with Houston. But he did.

Time to shut up please and play football.
He has 2 torn acls so he based on prior injuries probably the best option for him. Between 5th year option plus 2 franchise tags better to get the guaranteed money for multiple years rather than a yearly contract.

I get that he’s ticked. More likely due to making a promise that they could keep but chose not to. Didn’t have to make the promise.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I’m always hesitant to say anyone had a great season based solely on stats when it doesn’t translate into wins.

not entirely on him. Do they have a run game, does the D give up a lot of points early? Is he throwing the ball well early in the game? Are they turning the ball over?

If you put up a lot of 300 plus pass yard games when are most of those yards accumulated? Final 20 minutes of the game when you are down 3 scores and the D is playing soft?
Blake Bortles had a great QBR or something in Q4 cause he was behind all the time.

The easiest way to say this is, the Texans are a mess. Their D is absolutely shot, at one time they were a very dangerous unit but that is no longer the case. They are bad against the run, and not much better in coverage.

They didn’t have a run game, they tried to establish one but it wasn’t exactly a threat. They kinda tried to improve the OLine, but it remains porous. As everyone knows, BOB also got rid of the biggest offensive weapon that Watson had.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Tua to the Vikings for a proven consistent Qb in his prime, Cousins, a top notch defensive end in Hunter who is sure to come back in fine form next year, first rounder in 2021 and second rounder in 2022 and second rounder in 2023.

Houston gets a top 12 qb who likely has 5 more prime years ahead, rejuvenates their defense with Hunter and receives plenty of draft capital to hasten the rebuild.....:sarcasm:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
49ers should give their 1st, 2nd and more for him.
Outside of being traded outright for 1st overall by the Jags (with a plus), I'm not sure there is any possible way to even attempt to justify trading a Franchise Qb under 28. Only Lawrence is even worth that risk. If teams are trading 2 firsts for Jamal Adams and Laremy Tunsil, the draft capital to trade Watson for just picks should be insane.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Texans might as well be Robert Kraft's puppet franchise since NE execs and coaches run the show there. Like the machines in the Matrix, they build things up so things get torn down in the end.

In a fantasy world, Deshaun could leave and form his own team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure what the fascination is with Houston and the NE execs. Very few have done well outside of NE.

BB runs the show.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Outside of being traded outright for 1st overall by the Jags (with a plus), I'm not sure there is any possible way to even attempt to justify trading a Franchise Qb under 28. Only Lawrence is even worth that risk. If teams are trading 2 firsts for Jamal Adams and Laremy Tunsil, the draft capital to trade Watson for just picks should be insane.
Their ownership/management has been an issue for years. They traded a top-3 wr for peanuts just a handful of months back.

Different gm I know, but the same issues still exist. It’s best for a team to lowball them first and go from there.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

Tua and the #3 pick for Watson. Would either Miami or Houston say no?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think minimum it cost Tua plus the two picks Houston sent to Miami for Tunsil. That would be the 3rd overall this year probably plus another top 10 pick next year since Houston isn't really trending upwards.

Houston could be well justified in asking for more but it depends on how much Watson really wants out.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think minimum it cost Tua plus the two picks Houston sent to Miami for Tunsil. That would be the 3rd overall this year probably plus another top 10 pick next year since Houston isn't really trending upwards.

Houston could be well justified in asking for more but it depends on how much Watson really wants out.
Miami already used Houston’s first rounder in 2020. Miami would have to part with their own first or Houston’s second in this upcoming 2021 draft to give Houston back the equivalent of their picks.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Miami has Tua under his rookie deal for the next few seasons. Go out and get Marvin Jones or Allen Robinson, draft Smith, along with either Etienne or Harris, and the offense will be fine.

Jones/Robinson
Smith
Parker
Williams
Bowden
Wilson

Etienne/Harris
Gaskins

Gisecki

That’s plenty of weapons at his disposal. While I LOVE Watson, hism$25 million per would kill us. We wouldn’t be able to add much at the skill position, and we’d likely not have a first rounder this year either.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Coming from a literal day 1 Houston Texans fan:

As bad as things are, I don’t think the team has the audacity to trade a rare talent like Watson, so I highly doubt it happens.

The Hopkins trade sucked no way around it, but no contending team can afford to pay a WR that much money long term. And Houston still has a great WR corp in Cooks, Coutee, and hopefully a re-signed Fuller.

As far as running backs, Johnson proved he has value on the team, but he’s a good #2 option. We do need a good primary option, and I have no idea where we’re going to get it.

The defense is the rough part. I don’t know what happened between last year and this one, but that’s what needs the most work. We need a good secondary, and another pass rusher. As much complaining as Watt did, and the money he’s making it, he should’ve took his frustrations out on the field.

Ultimately, I’m not as doom and gloom as most people are. In perspective, this was one bad season where they gave us a murderer’s row to start. And 8 of the games we lost were only by one possession. And we honestly had the worst play calling in the league. I think with a good HC, we can get right back in the playoffs next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad