Confirmed with Link: Derek Grant obtained from Anaheim for Criscuolo + 4th

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think the coach "trusted" Filppula, his options were a crippled Couts (on a bad knee), rookie Patrick, or Filppula. Pick your poison.

Filppula xGA/60 2.28
Patrick xGA/60 2.35
Couts xGA/60 1.94
Lehtera xGA/60 2.63

defensively, Gudas, not AMac, was the black hole.

If you match Couts, do you get his 9 points in 5 games?
If you match Patrick, does he get eaten alive?

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
:laugh: But see this makes ALL the difference. We had a misunderstanding, argued, cleared things up, and everything’s good now.

The people I was talking about in that post are the ones who are still saying the same things even after it’s been clarified a dozen times. There’s no misunderstanding, it’s intentional.

Trust me, what I said was 0% a shot at you. :thumbu: I don’t think of you as even loosely related to that group. So much so that it didn’t even cross my mind that this would seem like it was directed at you.

I do not feel like you took a dig at me at all. All is well.

Reactions: Striiker

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I'm fine with Thompson as the 12/13 forward but have been pleasantly surprised with how Grant has rebounded from his first game.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Seriously? Why then Farabee was sent down to play Nate?

Because Farabee isn't going to play on the fourth line. I don't like the Thompson pick up either, I didn't think it was needed, but as long as we get Farabee back in the top 9, and Thompson gets dropped to the 13th forward where he belongs then I have no issue with it. We are going to get injuries in the play-offs, I would be happier having a vet to step in who can win faceoffs, than Bunny who got owned.

But you can't seriously complain about the Grant pickup? He's a premier 4th line forward that kills penalties and is having the goalscoring season of his life. He's solid on the dot and the ducks fans loved him. He was exactly what this team needed.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Because Farabee isn't going to play on the fourth line. I don't like the Thompson pick up either, I didn't think it was needed, but as long as we get Farabee back in the top 9, and Thompson gets dropped to the 13th forward where he belongs then I have no issue with it. We are going to get injuries in the play-offs, I would be happier having a vet to step in who can win faceoffs, than Bunny who got owned.

But you can't seriously complain about the Grant pickup? He's a premier 4th line forward that kills penalties and is having the goalscoring season of his life. He's solid on the dot and the ducks fans loved him. He was exactly what this team needed.
Why he should play on 4th line?

Yes, Grant should be our 4C and Im OK with that.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Seriously? Why then Farabee was sent down to play Nate?

Didn’t Nate replace Bunny?
Grant replaced Laughton?
Laughton replaced Farabee on the wing?

They needed to get stronger and deeper down the middle so they made minor moves. Grant looks good so far Nate is staying afloat at 4C but hopefully Patrick can replace him.

If they need more scoring punch then they’ll probably move Raffl back to 4C and Farabee back in the line up. However, they are scoring 4 goals a game right now so the coach is probably riding a hot hand. Farabee’s only missed line 4 games, I think. He need the rest.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Grant replaced Laughton?

They needed to get stronger and deeper down the middle so they made minor moves. Grant looks good so far Nate is staying afloat at 4C but hopefully Patrick can replace him.

If they need more scoring punch then they’ll probably move Raffl back to 4C and Farabee back in the line up. However, they are scoring 4 goals a game right now so the coach is probably riding a hot hand. Farabee’s only missed line 4 games, I think. He need the rest.
So yes. Farabee sent down.

If Chuck didnt acquire Thompson, Farabee would be in NHL still.

Farabee-Hayes-TK
JVR-Laughton-NAK
Raffl-Grant-Pitlick

f***ing easy.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Does anyone recall actually seeing posts that said Grant is a bad player?

I remember seeing/saying that he should be 4C and not in the top 9, which is true, but I don't remember seeing it said that he's actually bad.

Again, the problem was never the player himself, it was what they did to the roster to put him in.

Reactions: kudymen

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
So yes. Farabee sent down.

If Chuck didnt acquire Thompson, Farabee would be in NHL still.

Farabee-Hayes-TK
JVR-Laughton-NAK
Raffl-Grant-Pitlick

f***ing easy.

He literally explained the reasoning and you ignored everything to repeat what you previously said...….

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The ideal lineup still has Farabee at 2LW, Laughton at 3C, and Grant at 4C. With JVR injured now, I would like to see:

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Farabee - Hayes - Konecny
Laughton - Grant - Pitlick
Raffl - Thompson - NAK

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Grant replaced Laughton?

Thompson took Grant's spot, so Grant took Laughton's spot, so Laughton took Farabee's spot, and Farabee ended up without a chair when the music stopped.

If you subtract Thompson then everyone is bumped back to where they belong and Farabee is back in. So that's what's meant by saying Thompson caused Farabee to be out of the lineup.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
The ideal lineup still has Farabee at 2LW, Laughton at 3C, and Grant at 4C. With JVR injured now, I would like to see:

Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
Farabee - Hayes - Konecny
Laughton - Grant - Pitlick
Raffl - Thompson - NAK

I agree with this. I really hope we see Patrick this year though. What a weapon he could be in that fourth line role over Thompson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad