Confirmed with Link: Dennis Seidenberg on buyout waivers

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
As much as he's fallen off, I'm not sure if he was buyout-bad. I guess you can save some money there though. Yet another D-spot to fill now. Probably my 2nd favorite Bruin behind Bergeron from when the team was good. A lot of respect for what he did in his prime.

He played at replacement player level. Maybe slightly above that. With his age, his sharp decline, and the fact that he doesn't fit the modern defenseman mold, there's no reason to keep him at that price.

There's no doubt he was awesome in his prime. He and Chara were the defensive foundation of the team for years, and he was criminally underrated during that time by the league at large. But he's not close to being that guy any more, and the team needs his buyout cap relief more than they need him on the roster.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Sad to hear. I assume they're planning to use the cap space - doesn't really make sense otherwise.

Thanks for everything Seids! You were a horse for us for so many years. You will be missed!

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I don't think so. I would have preferred they kept Seids and let KMiller walk.

Seidenberg is being paid about 2 million more than Miller. Even if an argument could be made to keep Seids over Miller the buyout gives the B's more cap room.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
really?

were season ticket sales off? seriously, I didn't know that.

What I'm making reference to is the well known fact that Jacobs accounts for the playoffs in his budget every year. Has since Sinden was there. If they don't make it then the budget needs to be fixed. I'm not optimistic that the old miser will spend any of it until they make the playoffs again.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
So long, Seids! I enjoyed watching you battle Ovi in 2012.

Best of luck to a key piece in helping the cup get to Boston.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Too bad he had the knee injury right after signing the contract, was as good a top pairing shut down as the Bruins have had in years. Hope a contender picks him up for depth and he has a couple runs left

FribbleLine

Jul 13, 2014
Ocean State
Aaron Ward
@NHL_AaronWard
With the flexibility of the Seidenberg buyout, expect an announcement soon of Boston Bruins and RFA Torey Krug agreeing to a 4 year deal.

12:43pm · 30 Jun 2016 · Twitter for iPhone

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What I'm making reference to is the well known fact that Jacobs accounts for the playoffs in his budget every year. Has since Sinden was there. If they don't make it then the budget needs to be fixed. I'm not optimistic that the old miser will spend any of it until they make the playoffs again.

So they weren't Cap spenders that last couple of years?

math aint working for me.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
it was time

with that said, I loved this guy on the cup team. what a warrior. Also loved seeing him manhandle Ovechkin in the 2012 playoffs. If everyone else had shown up to that series like Seids & Peverley did maybe they go deep.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
So long, Seids! I enjoyed watching you battle Ovi in 2012.

Best of luck to a key piece in helping the cup get to Boston.

Easily the Bruins best player in the 2012 series . It seemed like he blocked a million shots but it is the right move , he severely declined the last couple of years in my opinion.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Aaron Ward
@NHL_AaronWard
With the flexibility of the Seidenberg buyout, expect an announcement soon of Boston Bruins and RFA Torey Krug agreeing to a 4 year deal.

There has to be something else. If they did this just to overpay Torey Krug, it's a horrible move.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Aaron Ward
@NHL_AaronWard

I'm scared to see what Krug will be getting.

Sounds like the freed cap money is going toward this contract and there will not be a free agent D of any consequence.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
He was a warrior on the blueline and was a key factor in the Bruins cup win. Sucks that he got injured right after the contract signing and he has not been the player he was.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Thanks Dennis! A true playoff warrior, and a class act.

Shame about Father Time/injuries, but your contributions will not be forgotten.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad