Confirmed with Link: Dennis Seidenberg on buyout waivers

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I have massive respect for Seids. Still to this day bothers me that injury issues struck him right as he was playing some dominant shut down defense. Man was he ever doing a great job before the injuries, then afterwards was a shell of his former self on the ice. Nothing but love for Seids and his time here in Boston. This was the right move to make and I was hoping it would happen if a trade couldn't be made. I wish Seids nothing but the best.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Ugh, probably the right move but man this hurts. Seids' injuries in 2010 and 2014 probably cost us two more deep runs. Going to be tough to replace what he brought at his best.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Thanks Seids, for everything you gave to this team and us fans. A sad part of professional sports, but I think it's best for the team.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Ugh, probably the right move but man this hurts. Seids' injuries in 2010 and 2014 probably cost us two more deep runs. Going to be tough to replace what he brought at his best.

At one point, you could of made the argument that Chara-Seids was the best pairing in the game. Suter-Weber was probably the only one at the time that was better.

That knee injury was the beginning of the end.

Best of luck Mr. Seidenberg. Your efforts were appreciated.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Seidenberg averaged 27:32 time on ice during the 25 game Stanley Cup Playoff run in 2011. Big part of that team's success.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Really hard to see this happen. There is no 2011 Cup without him and this feels like the end of an era. I hope he ends up on a team that could play him limited minutes where he can still be useful.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Seids was a great bruin and will be missed...

Who are the top 3 players in next years draft? Just asking…..

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Even now, is he worse than Miller/McQuaid?

I believe after the knee injury he's worse. If that didn't happen he would probably have still been better than those two. I can't imagine this move happens without them believing a free agent is coming in.

The Chara/Siedenberg pairing at some points was as good as any in the NHL. he's really one of those players that you just didn't want to see the back end of his career happen because of how solid he was.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
At one point, you could of made the argument that Chara-Seids was the best pairing in the game. Suter-Weber was probably the only one at the time that was better.

That knee injury was the beginning of the end.

Best of luck Mr. Seidenberg. Your efforts were appreciated.

Yep.

Just friggin' spoiled when Chara/Seids were in their primes on the ice and TT in nets.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The real question is: what is all this cap space going to be used for? When we see that, we can determine whether this was a necessary move.

Regardless if it's used or not, it was a move that needed to be made. The guy simply isn't a great player anymore unfortunately. Having Seids, McQuaid, and K Miller in the line up is just not even close to being adequate.

As much as people here dump on McQuaid and Miller, at least both of them can be effective guys, Seids just isn't that anymore, and would only have continued to decline with age/injury.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
You'd have to assume they're going to USE the cap space, right? Or is to open up a spot for a youngin?

I guess we'll see.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
The real question is: what is all this cap space going to be used for? When we see that, we can determine whether this was a necessary move.

Well the Bruins didn't make the playoffs. Jacobs needs to get that "gate money" from somewhere...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As much as he's fallen off, I'm not sure if he was buyout-bad. I guess you can save some money there though. Yet another D-spot to fill now. Probably my 2nd favorite Bruin behind Bergeron from when the team was good. A lot of respect for what he did in his prime.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Really hard to see this happen. There is no 2011 Cup without him and this feels like the end of an era. I hope he ends up on a team that could play him limited minutes where he can still be useful.

I just read something where Seidenberg apparently said that if he were to be bought out then he will be done playing hockey. So I guess that he will not be ending up on another team unless he changes his mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad