Recalled/Assigned: Dennis Gilbert

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
good move IMO, Gilbert is better getting big minutes in rockford.

seeler and 4K's good showing has given Stan the ability to make a move and Trade a Dman once JC sees what seeker can do.

hope its Gus that goes, guy is a tire fire on D and Boqvist/Mitchell next year are good to go IMO and make Gus irrelevant.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
I think I figured it out. The Hawks don't want to let any players play that are going to hit and is why they kept sitting Gilbert. The Hawks have to be the weakest team in the NHL who refuse to protect their own or even hit back. Wirtz is an idiot to keep Bowman at the helm. The Hawks will never get very far on just finesse. They need some rough and tumble players and let them play their game. Of course we won't see any of that happening while Bowman is still around. Seeler will continuosly be benched too if he starts hitting when they let him play.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think I figured it out. The Hawks don't want to let any players play that are going to hit and is why they kept sitting Gilbert. The Hawks have to be the weakest team in the NHL who refuse to protect their own or even hit back. Wirtz is an idiot to keep Bowman at the helm. The Hawks will never get very far on just finesse. They need some rough and tumble players and let them play their game. Of course we won't see any of that happening while Bowman is still around. Seeler will continuosly be benched too if he starts hitting when they let him play.

giphy.gif

Crow

May 19, 2014
That said our board is one of the best here. There is only one regular poster here who obviously isn’t even a hawks fan and should be banned imo. Hates everything the hawks do no matter what. Easy to put on ignore.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
You might have missed the years 2010 to 2016, where they did get "very far" with a lineup that was far more finesse than bump and grind.

You might also have missed the part where Gilbert got taken out of the lineup based on bad play, not the fact he played a physical game.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I think I figured it out. The Hawks don't want to let any players play that are going to hit and is why they kept
sitting Gilbert. The Hawks have to be the weakest team in the NHL who refuse to protect their own or even hit back. Wirtz is an idiot to keep Bowman at the helm. The Hawks
will never get very far on just finesse. They need some rough and tumble players and let them play their game. Of course we won't see
any of that happening while Bowman is still around. Seeler will continuosly be benched too if he starts hitting when they let him
play.

Qué?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
That’s what sucks about boards like these. The reasonable people sometimes give up after hearing such complete nonsense. Then you are left with a bunch of meatballs.

The Canucks board is a good example. The nut jobs there even have their own dialect/language. Almost everyone somewhat sane left for reddit.
If people left for reddit, then they aren’t really sane. It’s just a different flavour of the exact same problem.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Thought the posts would be celebrating Gilbert had a great game last night back in Rockford with I believe a goal and assist.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
You might have missed the years 2010 to 2016, where they did get "very far" with a lineup that was far more finesse than bump and grind.

You might also have missed the part where Gilbert got taken out of the lineup based on bad play, not the fact he played a physical game.

People often forget that Bollig, Byfuglien, Carcillo, Dowell, Eager, Hartman, Mayers, and Shaw were on those teams. They brought plenty of physicality to the Hawks.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Tell me why the big boys are playing so docile and not willing to throw their way around. All they do is chase, chase, chase and never knock an opponent off the puck. They rarely ever play with urgency and they consistently play like they don't have a clue where their linemates are except for the odd few like Kaner but even he has made a lot of stupid plays and he is a lot smarter hockey player than that. Hawks need to get back playing like they did in the 3rd period against the Avalanche and keep playing like that.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Tell me why the big boys are playing so docile and not willing to throw their way around. All they do is chase, chase, chase and never knock an opponent off the puck. They rarely ever play with urgency and they consistently play like they don't have a clue where their linemates are except for the odd few like Kaner but even he has made a lot of stupid plays and he is a lot smarter hockey player than that. Hawks need to get back playing like they did in the 3rd period against the Avalanche and keep playing like that.

Letting ops dominate the board play is so frustrating. Just get body position for gawds sake. Forget waving the stick at them - is pathetic to watch.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's gotta be because Gilbert isn't playing anymore, has to be. :sarcasm:

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's gotta be because Gilbert isn't playing anymore, has to be. :sarcasm:

It's a factor. Aggressive play by a few can wear off on teammates. There's no question that Hawks are softer without Gilbert on the blue line. It certainly doesn't help that a Hawks player can't rely on a teammate having his back.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's a factor. Aggressive play by a few can wear off on teammates. There's no question that Hawks are softer without Gilbert on the blue line. It certainly doesn't help that a Hawks player can't rely on a teammate having his back.
No it's not. The Hawks have been better without Gilbert playing. I'd rather have the team be better while being soft, than be worse but more physical.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The hawks are 6-2-2 since Gilbert last played. Sure they're softer in D. But to positive results keeping the puck up ice

No argument there. I like 4k ahead of Gilbert currently and a stint in RFD is probably best for now. That said, anyone hear about Boqvist's status? If he's out Gilbert could be back up for Sunday.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
People often forget that Bollig, Byfuglien, Carcillo, Dowell, Eager, Hartman, Mayers, and Shaw were on those teams. They brought plenty of physicality to the Hawks.

Ignoring the bigger point, I'll just point out that several of the guys you mentioned rarely played or contributed in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad