Recalled/Assigned: Dennis Gilbert

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Hope he doesn't get the McNeill treatment, where his only call up was a game where the entire team no-showed.

McNeill played 4 seasons with the IceHogs (his first two seasons he played less than 15 games with them since he was still in juniors) before getting a call up in his 5th season. This is Gilbert's first season in the organization and he's signed for two more years, so I think he could get more chances if he plays well.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Good to see an earned opportunity. He has some physicality and lately turned on the offense and I know hes been played with Jokiharju quite a bit.

It was always odd to me Gilbert seemed to disappear in prospect topics. Not show up in offseason prospect polls or people act like zero prospects like him existed in the Hawks pool.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
another solid low key soldier type. I am surprised they are bringing up anyone, unless Rockford is officially toast - but good for the kid, I know me and BL have talked about Gilbert for a few years as a potential bottom pairing shut down guy..he can play like Dahlstrom away from the puck and is not a complete sieve with it...another potential lotto ticket who has a chance to blossom.

Reactions: Blue Liner

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
another solid low key soldier type. I am surprised they are bringing up anyone, unless Rockford is officially toast - but good for the kid, I know me and BL have talked about Gilbert for a few years as a potential bottom pairing shut down guy..he can play like Dahlstrom away from the puck and is not a complete sieve with it...another potential lotto ticket who has a chance to blossom.
He could potentially play 2 games for the Hawks and be back for Rockfords next game.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Congrats to him. He's had an interesting year. Rotating in and out early on. Playing on his side at times. To playing top pairing with jokiharju over the last little while.
He didn't look out of place handling the puck in the last few Rockford games I've been able to watch.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Actually I think I was off. They have a game Friday too. So it could only be 1 game thing
yeah for some reason only the home games pulled up for me when I looked, thought he had until the 14th- either way he can play for 1 game and then go back down..a thrill to get that one game.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

If he gets to a level and settles in there and gets comfortable, he does have a little bit of offensive upside to him as well. He can handle the puck and make an offensive play here and there. As you've said, I've long thought he had bottom-pairing potential and could be a really solid player in that slot at this level. Interesting call-up.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad