Proposal: Deja vu. Pierre-Luc Dubois in Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Settle down. He's not getting 7.5 million from us. But you absolutely don't just toss away your only legit RW producer because you're scared of what the contract will look like. You get into a contract negotiations and then go from there. With that said, I posted it in another thread and I have a bad feeling the organization will make him expendable for some stupid toughness trade. I see him as the winger Rangers dangle even though they probably shouldn't.
Again, Buchenevich will be asking for Kevin Hayes / Voracek money, and any deal for Buch would have to come AFTER a LT contracr is signed, and I do jot see any other team wanting to pay that kind of contracr whitout seeing him produce on his own.

So IMO, he'll get that $$ from the Rangers

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
[QUOTE="NjdevilfanJim, post: 177883353, member: 326187"]ets have cap issuesJ why would they trade PLD and for Strome?? No way they do this.....[/QUOTE]
Ummm....no

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Again, Buchenevich will be asking for Kevin Hayes / Voracek money, and any deal for Buch would have to come AFTER a LT contracr is signed, and I do jot see any other team wanting to pay that kind of contracr whitout seeing him produce on his own.

Again, you are wrong.
He can ask for the sun, moon and stars, but in flat cap situation for another year or 2, his #, coming up from 3.25, will not hit 7+.

take me up on a bet if you're SO sure

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Again, you are wrong.
He can ask for the sun, moon and stars, but in flat cap situation for another year or 2, his #, coming up from 3.25, will not hit 7+.

Flat cap or not doesn't change anythong about the fact he'll be signing his bigger deal this year, and flat cap oe not ppg players get PAID!

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Again, you are wrong.

So what does he get?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

What exactly is producing on his own? Who was he leeching points off of? Buchnevich played the 2nd pp unit which got no steady zone time because they get the last 30 seconds of a PP during a change. Kreider who basically stands in front of the net? Zibanejad who was snake bitten and a terrible 5 on 5 player this season? I understand the argument for Panarin making players better, but Buchnevich didn't play with Panarin and wasn't really milking points off other players. He was also our best penalty killer. Not wanting to pay that much for Buchnevich? Ok, I understand that, although I still don't see him getting that from us, but I don't get the producing on his own part. He's not going end to end like McDavid to get his own points. But he's not leeching points.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
What exactly is producing on his own? Who was he leeching points off of? Buchnevich played the 2nd pp unit which got no steady zone time because they get the last 30 seconds of a PP during a change. Kreider who basically stands in front of the net? Zibanejad who was snake bitten and a terrible 5 on 5 player this season? I understand the argument for Panarin making players better, but Buchnevich didn't play with Panarin and wasn't really milking points off other players. He was also our best penalty killer. Not wanting to pay that much for Buchnevich? Ok, I understand that, although I still don't see him getting that from us, but I don't get the producing on his own part. He's not going end to end like McDavid to get his own points. But he's not leeching points.
His most common linemates were Zibanejad and Kreider, or Zib and Laf... SO bottom line, he was scotched to Zib, who's had a PPG season once again, and he clearly benefited from that. The other 31 GM can see it, and they won't be sending premium assets for a guy like that, who'll likelly be asking for 7M$ + figure considerign his offensive production and other qualities. He'll get ir from the NYR, who'll regret it in a year or 2 when Buch can't produce at a similar pace when not scotched to more talented players than he is.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Buch will slide in at between 5.5 and 6.25 over 7 years

Do not believe we see his annual start with a 7.

Hes not getting more than CK
He's had a way better offensive production than CK ever put on. Why would he sign for any less?
Again we'll see. but NYR fans hoping for anythign under 6M$ on a LT contract will be REALLY disapointed. IMO, he's getting Kevin Hayes $. That's what he's going to compare too.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
His most common linemates were Zibanejad and Kreider, or Zib and Laf... SO bottom line, he was scotched to Zib, who's had a PPG season once again, and he clearly benefited from that. The other 31 GM can see it, and they won't be sending premium assets for a guy like that, who'll likelly be asking for 7M$ + figure considerign his offensive production and other qualities. He'll get ir from the NYR, who'll regret it in a year or 2 when Buch can't produce at a similar pace when not scotched to more talented players than he is.

Just as a heads up, Buchnevich was absolutely carrying that line for most of the season. If anything, the only reason Zibanejad's early season wasn't worse was that he was taking advantage of the points Buchnevich was putting up. Save for Panarin, he was easily our most consistently good forward all year.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Just as a heads up, Buchnevich was absolutely carrying that line for most of the season. If anything, the only reason Zibanejad's early season wasn't worse was that he was taking advantage of the points Buchnevich was putting up. Save for Panarin, he was easily our most consistently good forward all year.
Therefor, why would he sign for under 7M$ a year on a LT deal? Other GM won't pay him 7M$ a year for sure, but he has nor eason to sign a deal under that number, and NYR fans should be thrilled to have him at that number if that were the case.

Fact is, he's just out of a career year, likelly asking for too much $, and NYR fans are trying to trade him cause they see that HUGE contract coming in FAST.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
He's had a way better offensive production than CK ever put on. Why would he sign for any less?
Again we'll see. but NYR fans hoping for anythign under 6M$ on a LT contract will be REALLY disapointed. IMO, he's getting Kevin Hayes $. That's what he's going to compare too.

Its one year

Over their careers, up to the point of signing their respective deals, CK has been the better player.

Hayes was also a UFA when he signed his contract. While it suits your POV, its not a comp.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Therefor, why would he sign for under 7M$ a year on a LT deal? Other GM won't pay him 7M$ a year for sure, but he has nor eason to sign a deal under that number, and NYR fans should be thrilled to have him at that number if that were the case.

Fact is, he's just out of a career year, likelly asking for too much $, and NYR fans are trying to trade him cause they see that HUGE contract coming in FAST.

Younger with fewer years in the league, doesn't have Kreider's physical gifts or goal-scoring history, and in past seasons could be a very streaky scorer. I see him making something in the neighborhood of 5.75-6.5 for 5 or 6 years, b/c he's not going to take another bridge (I wanted him signed to 5x5 before the season).

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Its one year

Over their careers, up to the point of signing their respective deals, CK has been the better player.

Hayes was also a UFA when he signed his contract. While it suits your POV, its not a comp.
Buch is 1 year away froom UFA, you're trying to buy 7 UFA years on a 8 year deal, that's how muc he'll get.

OR he'll sign a 1 year deal, and walk in a year and the NYR will have nothign to show for him.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Younger with fewer years in the league, doesn't have Kreider's physical gifts or goal-scoring history, and in past seasons could be a very streaky scorer. I see him making something in the neighborhood of 5.75-6.5 for 5 or 6 years, b/c he's not going to take another bridge (I wanted him signed to 5x5 before the season).

He'll sign a 1 year 6M$ contract and leave as a UFA after... He has NO REASON to sign for anything less than Kreider considering their offensive output on the last 2 seasons...

Kreider 75pts over 113 games = 54 pts / season pace
Buch 94pts over 122 games = 64pts / season pace

WHY would he sign for less than kreider if he's also your best PKer???

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

I don't think "clearly" means what you think it does. Do you know that after a line-up change in the season, our coach went back to putting Buchnevich with them (Kreider and Zibanejad) to get them going because of season start Zibanejad was having? (Covid related or not. ). Maybe the other 31 GM's can see that Buchnevich was out producing both of them? Again fearing the contract is one thing, but this isn't a player who leeched the season off Zibanejad.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

Playing wing instead of center will keep is AAV around .5-1m less a year than Hayes

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Buch is 1 year away froom UFA, you're trying to buy 7 UFA years on a 8 year deal, that's how muc he'll get.

OR he'll sign a 1 year deal, and walk in a year and the NYR will have nothign to show for him.

Hes not getting an 8 year deal. Thats LOL funny.

42ish over 7 is more than fair.

It also ensures that hes part of a team thats on the up swing with a clear mandate to get better.

Not too many teams that are and can compete for a cup have the funds available to add him and the roster spot to accommodate him.

Its not always about just the money.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Ranger fans twisting themselves in knots with the Buchnevich conversation. When they want to trade him he’s great defensively
, a line driver and productive, this is what another teams can expect. When they want to sign him to a contract it’s “well it’s only one year, it might just be lucky, we will sign him to a below market contract.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I think the Jets hold onto their guy here. Will probably look to address the need on D via free agency.

I like the trade though. How soon is Schneider going to be in the league?

If the situation unfolds around Copp potentially being moved out for defensive help, Schneider could be interesting.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014

Its amazing in another thread someone was saying Zibs is a product of Panarin and now in this one its Buch is a product of Zibs. Hysterical

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Ranger fans twisting themselves in knots with the Buchnevich conversation. When they want to trade him he’s great defensively
, a line driver and productive, this is what another teams can expect. When they want to sign him to a contract it’s “well it’s only one year, it might just be lucky, we will sign him to a below market contract.

Sounds like every GM in the league when negotiating contracts....so weird.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
We are not GMs. This is just Ranger fans talking out both sides of their mouth.

No its Ranger fans considering the salary cap ramifications of giving him a contract. Most Ranger fans would love to sign him but then way too many other players are going to be lost due to no cap space. Sorry you are struggling to understand that.

Reactions: bernmeister

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
At the end of the day, Jets favor youth w/an eye long term.
Howev,
if they did want to gamble a bit now w/Scheif + esp Wheeler not getting younger, I could see
something around
Zib
Strome
NYR 2021 1st

for

PLD

working

in that both sides get something.
WIN adds scoring and win now help
Rangers repurpose cap add a cornerstone pivot
Bern This is way too much to give up for PLD

Reactions: Filthy Dangles