Proposal: Deja vu. Pierre-Luc Dubois in Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So what does he get?
depends on term
but if he goes 4, doubt Rangers maybe go 5, but expect 4...
they will offer 4.75/5 and he will ask like 7.25
and it would go to arb and arb would either try mediation or split the dif or if only one or the other could say, sorry Buch, tough on bad timing, it is covid pushing $$ down.

Other variations on 1-2 yr deal then try for big $ post covid.

But he is not getting 7
PERIOD

Reactions: Gary Stines

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The Jets finally have their 2C after dealing 1st round picks as rentals twice, and don't forget that we traded a much beloved high-scoring winger with cost uncertainty to get him, so we aren't just going to reverse that. PLD's dad coaches for the Jets' farm team, PLD is still younger than Scheifele was when he broke out and took over as 1C, so we have no idea what his ceiling is or how next year will look. He is going nowhere.

Our center depth is 27, 22 and 27 years old (respectively) and will be locked in for half a decade on good contracts, with more in the pipeline. We have no reason to ruin this for anything other than a #1 RH D-man, who could be bought with other assets, or given a big UFA contract if need be.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
No its Ranger fans considering the salary cap ramifications of giving him a contract. Most Ranger fans would love to sign him but then way too many other players are going to be lost due to no cap space. Sorry you are struggling to understand that.
I’m struggling to understand how he has $5 million/year value to the Rangers but Ranger fans want $7 million value in trade. Pick a value and don’t talk to fans of other teams like they are suckers.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I’m struggling to understand how he has $5 million/year value to the Rangers but Ranger fans want $7 million value in trade. Pick a value and don’t talk to fans of other teams like they are suckers.

Seriously what are you talking about? He is an RFA and hasn't signed a contract yet. You can only guess at what his current contract is. Then not every player making the same annual salary are the same. Your statement and valuation of the player makes zero sense.

If the Rangers didn't already have a guy making 6.5 mill who will probably be playing on the 3rd line because they won the lotto Buch would probably be signed. I bet almost all Ranger fans take Buch over Kreider as he was that good this year.

RANGER22

RANGER22
Oct 10, 2020
I think the real issue here is PLD a big upgrade for the Rangers?
The proposed value in the trade is not equitable in my opinion .
Buch will be dangled , and we will find out his true value. Right now
he is a bargain. Buch and Strome could bring back a very needed piece.
Schneider will not be moved.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His most common linemates were Zibanejad and Kreider, or Zib and Laf... SO bottom line, he was scotched to Zib, who's had a PPG season once again, and he clearly benefited from that. The other 31 GM can see it, and they won't be sending premium assets for a guy like that, who'll likelly be asking for 7M$ + figure considerign his offensive production and other qualities. He'll get ir from the NYR, who'll regret it in a year or 2 when Buch can't produce at a similar pace when not scotched to more talented players than he is.

Your act gets tiring. You clearly don’t watch much of the Rangers and spout bullshit.

Ask any Ranger fan if Buchnevich was a product of Zibanejad, and they’ll laugh at you. Buchnevich carried around two struggling veterans, Zibanejad and Kreider, for most of the season. He managed to score a lot at ES. The other two had most of their production on a PP1 unit Buchnevich wasn’t on. Buchnevich was leading the Rangers in points for a significant amount of time without playing PP1. That’s a line driver.

Reactions: bernmeister

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t want a coward like Buchnevich on the Jets.

I think you’ve got things mixed up. Mantha tried to pick on a smaller player, and got absolutely rocked. If anyone is a coward it’s Mantha for thinking he could pick on a smaller player. Now he knows he’s not as tough as he thinks.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I think you’ve got things mixed up. Mantha tried to pick on a smaller player, and got absolutely rocked. If anyone is a coward it’s Mantha for thinking he could pick on a smaller player. Now he knows he’s not as tough as he thinks.
Buch is over 6ft and 200lbs. Its not as though he is small by NHL standards.

This is the NHL though and not Bantam hockey where its frowned upon to hit the Pee Wee call up....

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
depends on term
but if he goes 4, doubt Rangers maybe go 5, but expect 4...
they will offer 4.75/5 and he will ask like 7.25
and it would go to arb and arb would either try mediation or split the dif or if only one or the other could say, sorry Buch, tough on bad timing, it is covid pushing $$ down.

Other variations on 1-2 yr deal then try for big $ post covid.

But he is not getting 7
PERIOD
You're out of your mind lol

Josh Aanderson got 5.25M$
Bjorkstrand got 5.5
He's has similar production to when M Tkatchuk signe a 3years 21M$ deal.

Buch isn't getting ANYTHING under 6.5. Or he'll go to arb, he'll get a 6.5M$ 1 year deal, then walk for nothign to UFA and get paid. And the NYR will be left with NOTHING to show for it.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
If I’m Chevy I take the deal if I can make the money work. I like Buch quite a bit, and Strome could probably continue to find success with Ehlers and/or Connor on his wing. Schneider is a significant sweetener.

I’m just not sure NY touches this.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He chickened out of facing Mantha like a man and took the cowards way out.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He looks ready now. That’s the problem with having so much nhl talent ready at the same time. Him and lundkvist are going to be fighting for the same spot
I think he's a really good prospect, but those 2 AHL games are telling you that he's ready now is a bit much IMO.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I feel like this entire proposal was written through google translator. No matter how many times I read it, it still leaves me confused.
You actually read the damn thing? I stopped after the first couple of sentences. Good ideas don't need to be over explained.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He chickened out of facing Mantha like a man and took the cowards way out.

It seems like you missed the game, and watched a small clip instead. Maybe you should know what you are talking about before calling someone a coward, especially when you are completely wrong.

Mantha was slashing him the whole shift. If Mantha wanted to fight, which he clearly didn’t, otherwise he would’ve gestured so, he would’ve tried to start one. He just wanted to play stick foul games, and got rocked trying to think he could pick on a smaller player.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The sequence of actions is important.
- Preliminary agreement with Winnipeg Jets on the cost of the Dubois exchange.
- Obtaining permission from the Jets to negotiate the Rangers with Dubois.
- Verbal agreement with Dubois on the preliminary conclusion of a new contract (from season 2022-23).
- Formalization of an agreement with Winnipeg Jets on the exchange of Dubois.
- Conclusion of a new contract with Dubois according to the agreement on the terms of the contract.
- Contract - Effective from the 2022-23 season. Registration of the contract on the first possible day (according to NHL rules - example: Thomas Chabot, Nico Hischier).

Salary caps for both teams for the 2021/22 season are in good order (RFA, UFA).
If you cannot reach an agreement, you can easily refuse to exchange.
The teams will remain in the same positions.
Dubois prices are subject to change. The player will play in the Stanley Cup.

Dubois exchange without a new agreement would be a possible error for the Rangers.

The terms of the new Dubois contract are of paramount importance. Contract duration and AAV.
Dubois may want to play Rangers.
There should be a big difference in AAV with other potential applicants for the 1C seat.
In this case, the exchange makes sense.

Proposed template (75%) of the deal:

Rangers:
Pierre-Luc Dubois
3rd 2021
3rd 2022 (CBJ)
Jets:
Braden Schneider
Ryan Strome (@ 50% Ret) $4,500,000 = $2,250,000
Pavel Buchnevich RFA.

Rangers gets:

1C - Pierre-Luc Dubois
Freedom of action with Zibanejad and Chytil.
Facilitates the development of Lafreniere, Kakko, Kravtsov.
Simplifies the fulfillment of the tasks set by the club owner.

Jets gets:
No drop in value for Dubois (playing in position 2C).
Future RD Top-2.
The club's playing potential does not fall much.
Opportunities for good exchanges in the deadline (if necessary).

The exchange can be beneficial to both teams.
Schneider + Buchnevich - is the defining part of the exchange.
Other teams can make the best offer.
The inclusion of Strome in the exchange significantly increases the likelihood of a deal.
If a new contract is signed, then the value of the deal is acceptable to the Rangers.
What do you think about this? Who adds?

Great post and interesting proposal!

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
It seems like you missed the game, and watched a small clip instead. Maybe you should know what you are talking about before calling someone a coward, especially when you are completely wrong.

Mantha was slashing him the whole shift. If Mantha wanted to fight, which he clearly didn’t, otherwise he would’ve gestured so, he would’ve tried to start one. He just wanted to play stick foul games, and got rocked trying to think he could pick on a smaller player.
You are going to stand by crosschecking a player in the face is sportsman like?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

I didn’t say that. The suspension, in a vacuum, was correct. That is not what’s cowardly though, so you are now bringing up a separate discussion. If you try to bait a player with stick fouls, why is it cowardly to respond back with a stick foul?

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

Maybe ask Giroux about that. Wasn't it Mantha who cross-checked his head into the boards from behind just a couple years ago? Mantha fancies himself a tough guy. He took a few chops at Buchnevich--who had no obligation to fight Mantha at all, as he'd be giving up 2 inches and 40+ pounds, on top of not being a fighter in the first place. Mantha turned from the play looking to CONTINUE using his stick as a weapon (he was clearly in mid-cross check when Buch got him). If the league is going to decide that punches to the head of a player on the ice isn't a big deal (something Mantha has also done--see his fight with Greg McKegg in 2017), and a player considerably larger than you is going to spend a whole shift going at you with his stick with no penalty, then you know what? You get what you get. Wilson, the league, and Mantha created that whole situation. They don't get to run around like little bitches cheap shotting people and then cry "sportsmanship" when someone has enough and serves it right back to them. I would have thought Mantha of all people would have learned that lesson after Muzzin dropped him on his head for a cross check after the play a couple years ago.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I think he's a really good prospect, but those 2 AHL games are telling you that he's ready now is a bit much IMO.
He had a whole year of development. He didn’t look out of place in the AHL in his short stint. He’s already got the body for it. It’s not just me that thinks he’s ready. According to most scouts at the draft he would be coming sooner rather then later. They can park him in the AHL for half a year if they want getting heavy minutes, but if he’s ready for duty I don’t know why they wouldn’t want to do what’s best for his progression just because they have multiple guys. He’s going to have every chance to battle lundkvist for that spot. Whoever wins it and what’s best for the team is gonna take it

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
PLD for Strome, 1 for 1

I doubt the Rangers would add more than a 3rd to Strome in that deal

Schneider + Bustnevich for a 3rd ... not gonna happen. Serious overpayment.

The Jets would be dancing in the streets if Rags would do that one

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I swear you and Bern are the same person. Said it before, I'll say it again. :laugh:

This is a really bizarre proposal. I don't like it for either side, honestly.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
PLD for Strome, 1 for 1

I doubt the Rangers would add more than a 3rd to Strome in that deal

Schneider + Bustnevich for a 3rd ... not gonna happen. Serious overpayment.

The Jets would be dancing in the streets if Rags would do that one

Ironic how you think a third round pick whose a first line forward in his mid 20’s is a bust but you have an avatar of a guy most think is a bust. You should watch some Rangers games before you keep insulting our players. You are spouting frozen cold takes.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You're out of your mind lol

Josh Aanderson got 5.25M$
Bjorkstrand got 5.5
He's has similar production to when M Tkatchuk signe a 3years 21M$ deal.

Buch isn't getting ANYTHING under 6.5. Or he'll go to arb, he'll get a 6.5M$ 1 year deal, then walk for nothign to UFA and get paid. And the NYR will be left with NOTHING to show for it.

I see you have gone down from at least 7 to "isn't getting ANYTHING under 6.5" (regardless of term or other considerations).

The first half of your post is irrelevant.
We ARE now still in not just a flat cap but a covid recovering construct.

It will be as I said.
Watch
They said Strome would get more, I was right
They said Deangelo would get more, I was right.

Buch will decide to concede or not based in part on short or long term
Either way he will get a 1st + and we will move him to have cap flexibility to pay for depth and afford opportunity when it strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad