Not open for further replies.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
No one:

OP's proposal:

tenor.gif

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I see you have gone down from at least 7 to "isn't getting ANYTHING under 6.5" (regardless of term or other considerations).

The first half of your post is irrelevant.
We ARE now still in not just a flat cap but a covid recovering construct.

It will be as I said.
Watch
They said Strome would get more, I was right
They said Deangelo would get more, I was right.

Buch will decide to concede or not based in part on short or long term
Either way he will get a 1st + and we will move him to have cap flexibility to pay for depth and afford opportunity when it strikes.
6.5M$ for a 1 year contract that brings him to UFA.

And at that point, he'd be worth a 2nd + B prospect maybe, cause no term on his contract.

NYR eithr sign him LT for 7M$+, or he signs a 1 year deal @ 6.5M$ , and walks off to UFA for his big pay day at the end of next year

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I didn’t say that. The suspension, in a vacuum, was correct. That is not what’s cowardly though, so you are now bringing up a separate discussion. If you try to bait a player with stick fouls, why is it cowardly to respond back with a stick foul?
He was telling Bunch to face him like a man. He took the cowards way out. Let’s not pretend Bunch was an innocent victim. He gave as well as he got.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Maybe ask Giroux about that. Wasn't it Mantha who cross-checked his head into the boards from behind just a couple years ago? Mantha fancies himself a tough guy. He took a few chops at Buchnevich--who had no obligation to fight Mantha at all, as he'd be giving up 2 inches and 40+ pounds, on top of not being a fighter in the first place. Mantha turned from the play looking to CONTINUE using his stick as a weapon (he was clearly in mid-cross check when Buch got him). If the league is going to decide that punches to the head of a player on the ice isn't a big deal (something Mantha has also done--see his fight with Greg McKegg in 2017), and a player considerably larger than you is going to spend a whole shift going at you with his stick with no penalty, then you know what? You get what you get. Wilson, the league, and Mantha created that whole situation. They don't get to run around like little bitches cheap shotting people and then cry "sportsmanship" when someone has enough and serves it right back to them. I would have thought Mantha of all people would have learned that lesson after Muzzin dropped him on his head for a cross check after the play a couple years ago.
Such a victim.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
6.5M$ for a 1 year contract that brings him to UFA.

And at that point, he'd be worth a 2nd + B prospect maybe, cause no term on his contract.

NYR eithr sign him LT for 7M$+, or he signs a 1 year deal @ 6.5M$ , and walks off to UFA for his big pay day at the end of next year

guess again

if he gets 6.5 on a 1 yr, which is an IF I am not conceding, he is still worth a 1st at min if not a 1st + as a rental
esp if acquiring team has need due to injury

if as is way more likely an arb, recognizing his last deal was 3.25 and we are still with covid reality, awards more like 4.75-5 in that range, then the price goes up b'c salary cost is lower while production remains the same so the value is greater.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
guess again

if he gets 6.5 on a 1 yr, which is an IF I am not conceding, he is still worth a 1st at min if not a 1st + as a rental
esp if acquiring team has need due to injury

if as is way more likely an arb, recognizing his last deal was 3.25 and we are still with covid reality, awards more like 4.75-5 in that range, then the price goes up b'c salary cost is lower while production remains the same so the value is greater.
Bro...

Josh Anderson got 5.25
Bjorkstrand got 5.5

And he's scoring at a 10pts pace / season more... and both these guys got their contract with the whole Covid thing. He's not signing anything near that amount lol that's just dellusional thinking

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
He was telling Bunch to face him like a man. He took the cowards way out. Let’s not pretend Bunch was an innocent victim. He gave as well as he got.

Such a victim.

Yeah, because Buch was obligated to answer the bell because...Wilson tried to end his career the previous game? That's pure bullshit. Mantha has a lengthy record as a cheap shot artist (a record you dodged to again try to paint Buchnevich as the aggressor in all of this). Buchnevich has a record for not putting up with other teams' BS (see his hit on Marchand after Marchand cross-checked Lindgren). Washington set the tone. The league removed the rules. Mantha f***ed around and he found out. I'd say that Mantha probably learned something from it, but again--it's not the first time he went after a player he thought he could push around only for it to backfire on him (see Muzzin incident).

Reactions: Gary Stines

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Mantha wanted to fight, why didn’t he challenge him to a fight? I don’t know how this is complicated. You can’t say that Mantha wanted a fight when he was deliberately acting in a way to avoid a fight.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Seems to have taken on a Wilson fallout feels to the thread.......closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad