Value of: Defenseman to the NJDevils: (COL, EDM, PIT, LAK, ANA, NYI, FLA, CAR, MIN, ARZ)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Byram does nothing for the Avs this year. And Zadorov is worth a lot more than that collection of junk that was offered. Avs want to be a contender this year, futures, prospects and AHLers do nothing for them. If Zadorov is going to the Devils someone a lot better (Hall) is going the other way.

PS

Not straight up.

delete this while you still can. its like if an avs fan asked about the price of vatanen and they said rantanen would need to be part of the return

bad take

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think Martinez is capable of top pairing duties, he just isn’t the anchor on a pair. Granted, he’s been paired with Matt Roy since the Muzzin trade, so it’s not too surprising that he looks like he is overcompensating.

A top 10-protected first and some type of RD prospect would probably be a green light for the Kings.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It’s still a bad take
It's not. I didn't say he was the main piece nor anything else. But do tell why would a team on verge of contending move their 2nd best LHD for anything but an upgrade at a position of need? Who else on the Devils fits the bill? Junk like Mirco Mueller?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I think Martinez is capable of top pairing duties, he just isn’t the anchor on a pair. Granted, he’s been paired with Matt Roy since the Muzzin trade, so it’s not too surprising that he looks like he is overcompensating.

A top 10-protected first and some type of RD prospect would probably be a green light for the Kings.
I would rather have a rw prospect but i can get behind this as well

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's not. I didn't say he was the main piece nor anything else. But do tell why would a team on verge of contending move their 2nd best LHD for anything but an upgrade at a position of need? Who else on the Devils fits the bill? Junk like Mirco Mueller?

You can say this and conclude a deal won’t be made between the two teams without including the bad take.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm would cost ty smith and an unprotected 1st plus possibly more lol
Ya.. lol I don't get why even ask.

Lindholm would cost enough that I don't even bother trying to work out a deal cuase devils fans would get offended.

Shoulda aimed at fowler... tho he has looked a lot better that hes playing the type of mins he should be playing instead of what RC had him playing.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
1) I said first and prospect my friend Also trade this early devils would not be garrenteed a playoff spot

2) disagree a 4 million dollar cap hit for a top 4 defense man with another year has value

3) option needs to be a prospect imo top 6 rw potential
4) overpayment are needed for sure to retain
4 )

Marty hasn't been a top 4 Dman the past few seasons, but the market tends to be bare with Dman every year so a 1st + prospect is possible... I'd rather take a 1st and a 3rd and bet on the FO coming big in the draft.. especially a deep and talented draft

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The Devils are in major need of a defensive LHD to play alongside PK Subban on the top pairing.

XXXX-Subban
Greene - Vatanen
Butcher - Severson
Carrick

What would it take from New Jersey to acquire this specific player from each team? The assets that are expendable from the Devils are:
2020 1st round pick, Miles Wood, Michael McLeod, Joey Anderson, Brett Seney, Mirco Mueller, John Hayden, any prospect not named Ty Smith or Daniil Misyul.

Colorado: Nikita Zadorov
Edmonton: Darnell Nurse
Pittsburgh: Brian Dumoulin
Los Angeles: Alec Martinez
Anaheim: Hampus Lindholm
New York I: Nick Leddy
Florida: Michael Matheson
Carolina: Joel Edmundson
Minnesota: Jonas Brodin
Arizona: Niklas Hjalmarsson

If the Devils can acquire one of these defenseman, I think it would go a lot way to helping the team start racking up wins.

I think you need john moore back... you can probably have him and a guy like brett Ritchie or pars Lindholm for miles wood too :)

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Marty hasn't been a top 4 Dman the past few seasons, but the market tends to be bare with Dman every year so a 1st + prospect is possible... I'd rather take a 1st and a 3rd and bet on the FO coming big in the draft.. especially a deep and talented draft

I disagree on Alec hes been a top 4 defense man just need better partner then roy I am hoping eventually either anderson or clague come up and become his partner I think he will regain his form. a trade with all picks is what we should look for but i doubt a team will give 2 picks same draft

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I disagree on Alec hes been a top 4 defense man just need better partner then roy I am hoping eventually either anderson or clague come up and become his partner I think he will regain his form. a trade with all picks is what we should look for but i doubt a team will give 2 picks same draft

Roy is a very good AHL Damn but hasno place on the big club.. so I agree there
I look at Marty and all i've seen teh last 3 seasons are no look passes to the middle of teh ice or worse yet to opposing players.. The guy was at his best on the 3rd pairing, although when a team has Doughty, Mitchell, Muzzin, Voynov, Regher and Scuderi as top 4s its easy to place him there.. Can he play a top 4 role? yes.. Should he? as you've said, if he has a legit defensive partner then yes.. and the cherry on top is the fact that he's really a LHD that plays better on his off hand... Marty+Lewis gets us 2 picks

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I'd say middle pairing is Martinez ceiling - he might have played 2nd spot on a top pair in the past, but not now. Good locker room guy / leader and all that, though. Only caveat is we probably wouldn't want to do something until Forbort is back in the lineup - we've got too many kids playing on the back end as is.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
The Devils are in major need of a defensive LHD to play alongside PK Subban on the top pairing.

XXXX-Subban
Greene - Vatanen
Butcher - Severson
Carrick

What would it take from New Jersey to acquire this specific player from each team? The assets that are expendable from the Devils are:
2020 1st round pick, Miles Wood, Michael McLeod, Joey Anderson, Brett Seney, Mirco Mueller, John Hayden, any prospect not named Ty Smith or Daniil Misyul.

Colorado: Nikita Zadorov
Edmonton: Darnell Nurse
Pittsburgh: Brian Dumoulin
Los Angeles: Alec Martinez
Anaheim: Hampus Lindholm
New York I: Nick Leddy
Florida: Michael Matheson
Carolina: Joel Edmundson
Minnesota: Jonas Brodin
Arizona: Niklas Hjalmarsson

If the Devils can acquire one of these defenseman, I think it would go a lot way to helping the team start racking up wins.

Why on earth would Pittsburgh deal Dumo anywhere?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The only Nurse you are landing with that bait are the Nurses that work in a hospital.

Any decent Nurse working in health care is worth vastly more than those garbage pieces the OP is flogging

Last edited:
Reactions: zar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad