Value of: Defenseman to the NJDevils: (COL, EDM, PIT, LAK, ANA, NYI, FLA, CAR, MIN, ARZ)

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
No way the Ducks are trading Lindholm to a lottery pick team when the Ducks are likely to be buyers not sellers.
The Devils need new goalies not more Dmen, if they want to avoid picking in the top 5 again they need to acquire a goalie who is at least average.
Not true, they need better d men right now. Schneider had a good game vs Philly, no one else did for the Devs. They keep falling apart after 2 pers. that has something to do with it.

Last edited:

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016
If the Devils are willing to move their 1st, I could see a 3 way trade with the Avs, Mtl and Drouin.

Avs get Drouin
Mtl gets 2020 1st
NJ gets Zadorov

I'm sure there would be some more pieces involved but that would be the core of the deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If the Devils are willing to move their 1st, I could see a 3 way trade with the Avs, Mtl and Drouin.

Avs get Drouin
Mtl gets 2020 1st
NJ gets Zadorov

I'm sure there would be some more pieces involved but that would be the core of the deal.

Habs say no cause the addition on top of the 1st would be meh and we need Drouin. He is 24 and just touching his prime. Signed to a very fair contract from 24-28 and is playing very well with Kotkaniemi and on our PP.

Contrary to what you see from the fan base, the Habs management were not interested in trading Drouin

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Based on what?

hes a middle 6 winger.

- Proven 50-60 pts forward
- Age 24 years old and just touching his prime. Signed from 24-28 at a very fair AAV
- Never has played with an elite center and is a candidate to bust out. Off to a good start with the 19 year old Kotkaniemi and Armia.

Drouin is not just some middle 6 winger. He has consistency issues but he is very effective on the PP and was near pt/game last year before he lost his confidence in the last 1/3 of the season.

Potential is there for him to be a pt/game player or close to that in his prime. Forget about it... Habs are not trading Drouin for 1st that is unknown. Don't listen to the fans who jump on players back in Montreal so easily. Management believes in this kid

You can offer a 1st if you wish... Habs say no.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
- Proven 50-60 pts forward
- Age 24 years old and just touching his prime. Signed from 24-28 at a very fair AAV
- Never has played with an elite center and is a candidate to bust out. Off to a good start with the 19 year old Kotkaniemi and Armia.

Drouin is not just some middle 6 winger. He has consistency issues but he is very effective on the PP and was near pt/game last year before he lost his confidence in the last 1/3 of the season.

Potential is there for him to be a pt/game player or close to that in his prime. Forget about it... Habs are not trading Drouin for 1st that is unknown. Don't listen to the fans who jump on players back in Montreal so easily. Management believes in this kid

He has hit 20 goals once and 50 points twice. He is a 40-50 point middle 6 winger. He turns 25 in a few months. He is what he is.

thats great that you wouldn't trade him for a first, but that doesn't mean his value is somehow way more than that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has hit 20 goals once and 50 points twice. He is a 40-50 point middle 6 winger. He turns 25 in a few months. He is what he is.

thats great that you wouldn't trade him for a first, but that doesn't mean his value is somehow way more than that.

Sorry... many players have prime years from 25-30 range. You can have your own opinion of Drouin all you want. We are not trading him for a 1st and that is our prerogative. We know about Drouin's game and flaws and potential more than you do

We are not selling low. The potential for Drouin to be a close to pt/game player in his prime once Kotkaniemi develops into a top 2C is there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steerpike

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
In all honesty, your best bet is to trade with the Kings for various reasons..
1) Alec Martinez will come cheap-ish
2) we can retain salary
3) we have other vets that can help too, Toffoli, Lewis, Campbell, Hutton, Clifford..etc, most will be UFA
4) We will retain!

Reactions: Bet the Over

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Reactions: AfroThunder396

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
yeah that is just statistically not accurate, but you can believe what you want I guess!

A New Look at Aging Curves for NHL Skaters (part 1)

How scoring rates change as players age

Not all players fall within the average reports where everybody factors in (elite level, mid level, and bottom level). Nice try though

You can go on and on all day... The Habs own Drouin's hockey rights and have him under contract for 4 more years at a very fair AAV. Why would we trade him for a 1st when he is 24 and just touching his prime? That's dumb

Did you know Drouin was the 12th most productive forward at LW last year? 21st in terms of pt/game and 7th most points on the PP. He accomplished this with a disappointing end to the season.

Middle 6 forward BS!

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Not all players fall within the average reports where everybody factors in (elite level, mid level, and bottom level). Nice try though

You can go on and on all day... The Habs own Drouin's hockey rights and have him under contract for 4 more years at a very fair AAV. Why would we trade him for a 1st when he is 24 and just touching his prime? That's dumb

Did you know Drouin was the 12th most productive forward at LW last year? 21st in terms of pt/game and 7th most points on the PP. He accomplished this with a disappointing end to the season.

Middle 6 forward BS!

I hope you enjoy the hell out of him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope you enjoy the hell out of him.

Well, he is not just some middle 6 winger. And yeah, we will keep pushing him to mature and he does look good with Kotkaniemi. Can he do it for a full season? We will see but at the end of the day, his production indicates he is more like a top line talent than just some middle 6 winger.

- 12th most points for LW's
- 21st in pt/game for LW's
- 7th most PP points for LW's

Evidence is staring you in the face and he did this with a very disappointing 20 games to end the year! He is definitely a young top 6 forward talent but you are doubling down on his flaws by exaggerating them

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Speaking for myself and not Canes fans, I would be okay with trading both Edmundson and Fleury for the first to be unprotected. The chance to get a shot at Askarov is pretty appealing to me. Yes we have Ned in the AHL and Kotchetkov drafted last year, but shoring up the goalie position along with our defense would have the Canes as Cup contenders for a very long time. Again speaking only for myself.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
In all honesty, your best bet is to trade with the Kings for various reasons..
1) Alec Martinez will come cheap-ish
2) we can retain salary
3) we have other vets that can help too, Toffoli, Lewis, Campbell, Hutton, Clifford..etc, most will be UFA
4) We will retain!

1 if cheapish is a first and prospect ok
2 we can but it cost more especially if player is signed more then this year
3 the ufa s sure but we can have a team of just kids so i think only one of clifford lewis
4 again sure we can but only if it is worth doing it

this is only my 2 cents on trading with the kings Every king fan thinks slighly different thou

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Speaking for myself and not Canes fans, I would be okay with trading both Edmundson and Fleury for the first to be unprotected. The chance to get a shot at Askarov is pretty appealing to me. Yes we have Ned in the AHL and Kotchetkov drafted last year, but shoring up the goalie position along with our defense would have the Canes as Cup contenders for a very long time. Again speaking only for myself.

Can my Kings interest you in Toffoli, Campbell and/or Lewis at up to 50%:sarcasm:

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Why exactly would the Avs trade their 2nd best LHD for a defenseman who is unequivocally awful, a run of the mill forward prospect who isn't really progressing as expected and a guy who will be a borderline NHLer at best? FTR, I wouldn't trade Megna for Mueller straight up from Avs POV.

I think with Bowen Byram on the horizon next season, Zadorov may be pushed out of a top 4 spot, and therefore could be made expendable.

This is like the 5th time I've seen a Devils fan ask about Dumoulin.

Stop it. It's not happening

Dumoulin is the exact style of defenseman the Devils desperately need to round out their team.

You could have Matheson for a 5th for all I care.

Done deal. Twice on Sunday.

This same proposal was discussed in another NJD thread, most agreed with:

Protected Top 10 + McLeod/Anderson

However, after the slow start many would rather wait if NJD recovers before sending their pick.

I would do a top 10 protected 2020 1st and Joey Anderson for Nikita Zadorov

Zadorov probably isn’t an unreasonable target but the Avs are trying to make a push. They aren’t going to trade him for a bad player and a couple prospects that are unlikely to be more than 4th liners at best.

Gotta be a hockey trade, likely for a middle six forward currently on the roster.

That's fair. Would a straight up Miles Wood swap be of interest?

I don't see anything listed as trade bait in the OP that would get the Ducks to even entertain trading Hampus for.

That's fair.

Avs get Drouin
Mtl gets 2020 1st
NJ gets Zadorov

This would be very interesting.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
1 if cheapish is a first and prospect ok
2 we can bet it cost more especially if player is signed more then this year
3 the ufa s sure but we can have a team of just kids so i think only one of clifford lewis
4 again sure we can but only if it is worth doing it

this is only my 2 cents on trading with the kings Every king fan thinks slighly different thou

1) A 1st from a possible PO team is cheap-ish
2) Amart is a depreciating asset even with an extra year
3) Its a pick and choose proposition
4) At the TDL anything can happen and overpayments are a norm so i'll leave it at that

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I think with Bowen Byram on the horizon next season, Zadorov may be pushed out of a top 4 spot, and therefore could be made expendable.

Dumoulin is the exact style of defenseman the Devils desperately need to round out their team.

Done deal. Twice on Sunday.

I would do a top 10 protected 2020 1st and Joey Anderson for Nikita Zadorov

That's fair. Would a straight up Miles Wood swap be of interest?

That's fair.

This would be very interesting.
Byram does nothing for the Avs this year. And Zadorov is worth a lot more than that collection of junk that was offered. Avs want to be a contender this year, futures, prospects and AHLers do nothing for them. If Zadorov is going to the Devils someone a lot better (Hall) is going the other way.

PS

Not straight up.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
1) A 1st from a possible PO team is cheap-ish
2) Amart is a depreciating asset even with an extra year
3) Its a pick and choose proposition
4) At the TDL anything can happen and overpayments are a norm so i'll leave it at that

1) I said first and prospect my friend Also trade this early devils would not be garrenteed a playoff spot

2) disagree a 4 million dollar cap hit for a top 4 defense man with another year has value

3) option needs to be a prospect imo top 6 rw potential
4) overpayment are needed for sure to retain
4 )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad