Value of: Defenseman to the NJDevils: (COL, EDM, PIT, LAK, ANA, NYI, FLA, CAR, MIN, ARZ)

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
The Devils are in major need of a defensive LHD to play alongside PK Subban on the top pairing.

XXXX-Subban
Greene - Vatanen
Butcher - Severson
Carrick

What would it take from New Jersey to acquire this specific player from each team? The assets that are expendable from the Devils are:
2020 1st round pick, Miles Wood, Michael McLeod, Joey Anderson, Brett Seney, Mirco Mueller, John Hayden, any prospect not named Ty Smith or Daniil Misyul.

Colorado: Nikita Zadorov
Edmonton: Darnell Nurse
Pittsburgh: Brian Dumoulin
Los Angeles: Alec Martinez
Anaheim: Hampus Lindholm
New York I: Nick Leddy
Florida: Michael Matheson
Carolina: Joel Edmundson
Minnesota: Jonas Brodin
Arizona: Niklas Hjalmarsson

If the Devils can acquire one of these defenseman, I think it would go a lot way to helping the team start racking up wins.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Devils were that hard up for a LHD they might have been best to pick one up on waivers when they had the chance

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's tough because Smith and the 1st are clearly the two top assets on that list, but that's just futures, and who is trading a top pair capable D for futures in October? It would have to be a big overpay at this time. The other assets won't get you a real top pair capable guy. You could get Leddy but he's not that.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
It's tough because Smith and the 1st are clearly the two top assets on that list, but that's just futures, and who is trading a top pair capable D for futures in October? It would have to be a big overpay at this time. The other assets won't get you a real top pair capable guy. You could get Leddy but he's not that.

He doesn’t have to be a “top pairing” defenseman. A steady, defensive top 4 LHD that would mesh well with PK Subban is what the Devils desperately need. Nikita Zadorov is the guy I really want the Devils to acquire. I think it’s realistic as well.

Mirco Mueller + Michael McLeod + Joey Anderson to the Avalanche for Nikita Zadorov + Jayson Megna

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He doesn’t have to be a “top pairing” defenseman. A steady, defensive top 4 LHD that would mesh well with PK Subban is what the Devils desperately need. Nikita Zadorov is the guy I really want the Devils to acquire. I think it’s realistic as well.

Mirco Mueller + Michael McLeod + Joey Anderson to the Avalanche for Nikita Zadorov + Jayson Megna

Well that's why I said "top pair capable D". I do think Zadorov might work in such a role, but I don't think the Avs would do that deal anytime soon. Perhaps they'll entertain moving Zadorov after this season, but then I think that offer would be outbid.

Reactions: Bet the Over

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Joel Edmundson and Alec Martinez are the only players I suspect you can get with what you've offered (1st + prospect). The rest are way out of your price range... you can afford a Toyota... not a Ferrari.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Why exactly would the Avs trade their 2nd best LHD for a defenseman who is unequivocally awful, a run of the mill forward prospect who isn't really progressing as expected and a guy who will be a borderline NHLer at best? FTR, I wouldn't trade Megna for Mueller straight up from Avs POV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->